• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Player influence on the game in 2017

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The community manager on beta, Marindor, recently posted a summary of changes to the game and forums for 2017. This was an interesting read and while some aspects relate only to beta I did find it interesting how many changes related to either direct feedback from players or features players have requested.

So often I hear people complain that the developers do not listen to players, so I thought I would modify his post from the perspective of player requests/feedback and the changes of 2017 to the live server. The original post is https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/thank-you-all-for-2017.9818/
I have included items where I am aware of requests from players for features or feedback from players that influenced aspects of the game.

January
We started the year off with some changes to our Tournament system, making it a Fellowship feature instead of something that depended on your neighbours. After reconsidering player feedback on a previous change for the Wholesaler, we changed it to the way it currently is, making the amounts of goods you can get, depend on your Main Hall level."

February
In response to a lot of player feedback, we also made some huge improvements in the AI for battles and we increased the strength of player units for low chapter players, so battles became more attractive early in the game.

The loading screens also got an overhaul and while many players like(d) the previous ones better, they are now more in line with the images we use on a world wide basis for marketing purposes. At the end of the month, we brought some balancing changes to our tournaments, reducing the number of encounters per province and adding more diversity in rewards.

March

Further improvements were also made to the AI behaviour

April

Minor improvements this month included the adding of Workshop and Manufactory production names to their tooltips and AI changes to the behaviour of Hellhounds and Cerberi towards Mage units.

July
Furthermore, we added diamonds to tech tree chests and as a reward for some storyline quests. We also added difficulty indicators to World Map provinces.

August
In August we also introduced our new ingame News Window, allowing us to communicate with our players better without having these annoying popups in the game all the time. It also makes it possible for us to reach our players who don't regularly visit our forums, which is a huge improvement. Fellowship Adventures got their first optimizations right after receiving the first Beta Feedback.

September
'Eldrasil's Ascending'. This new Autumn Event was received with enthousiasm. Players loved the graphics and the fact that 'double sprout days' made it possible for them to reach all Grand Prizes without using diamonds.

October
We also implemented a notification for received Ancient Wonder rewards. And last but certainly not least: We launched our mobile app in the first batch of app store markets, with the rest following on November 1st!

November
November started with the world wide release of our mobile app!

I was unsure if the set buildings were a player suggestion, I have a feeling they were but left them off the list. There may be others who are aware of other changes in 2017 that came as a result of feedback from the community.

Edit: That is 13 changes/improvements over the year, counting AI as one change. There may have been some minor ones that did not make Marindor's list

Last edited:

DeletedUser12423

Thank you for this thread, Mykan ^ ^

It's always good to be reminded of the good that is done. And the developers, as well as the moderators, do care. They have shown that in actions, and words. I like it.