• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

PLEASE!! Let experienced players choose their boosted goods

DeletedUser2768

I'm begging here. Please, please, please let us choose our boosted goods when we start new in a world. I am sick to death of getting the same, or very nearly, three goods every time. I would like some variety.

My goods:

Elcysandir-Elf
Planks/Scrolls/Dust

Arendyll-Human
Steel/Scrolls/Dust

Beta-Human
Planks/Silk/Gems

Sinya Arda-Elf
Steel/Scrolls/Dust

How to determine an "experienced" player....hmm.....maybe have at least one city in Dwarves or higher? Go by sign up date? Or, just give everyone the option when they first start in a world. Not quite sure how to implement this part.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There is a possibility that some boosts are better than others, and that allowing players to choose would cause an imbalance.
I know that during events when you build a dozen+ level 1 factories that elven plankers and elf/human marble have a pretty nice advantage with half-sized buildings. Also some are better looking than others.;)

DeletedUser6857

Saying that something is an advantage because helps a bit during an event is a bit thin. I have thought this myself when I started my new cities 3 weeks ago. I knew people from a FS in my first city and wanted to join a FS with them in the other cities. I would have been nice to be able to choose the boosts that were of the greatest help to those FS. Also, as Rosehawk noted above for those with multiple cities it would be nice to try different things. I was pretty disappointed when I got crystal and elixir again.

SoggyShorts

Saying that something is an advantage because helps a bit during an event is a bit thin.
I might be biased because I always try to finish events as fast as possible. Being able to fit 30 level 1 planks in the same space as 15 level 1 steel really does help with that.

Another factor is synergistic boosts.
My Beta city has planks,silk, gems and it is AWESOME for tournaments since each tournament primarily asks for all 3 of those.
Same goes for steel>scrolls>dust or marble>crystal>elixir. Some boosts really are better than others, and any advanced player will know this, so then the problem becomes that all of the non-synergistic city hexes will go to new players putting them at a disadvantage.

There has also been whole threads dedicated to hating on the level 19 Dust artwork, so I don't think an imbalance resulting from players avoiding dust is impossible.

When my wife and I started our second cities we both got Dust which is pretty lame, so I can understand the desire to select your boosts.

edeba

I do not get why you think that is an advantage.

Another factor is synergistic boosts.
My Beta city has planks,silk, gems and it is AWESOME for tournaments since each tournament primarily asks for all 3 of those.
Same goes for steel>scrolls>dust or marble>crystal>elixir. Some boosts really are better than others, and any advanced player will know this, so then the problem becomes that all of the non-synergistic city hexes will go to new players putting them at a disadvantage.

There has also been whole threads dedicated to hating on the level 19 Dust artwork, so I don't think an imbalance resulting from players avoiding dust is impossible.

When my wife and I started our second cities we both got Dust which is pretty lame, so I can understand the desire to select your boosts.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Because if you line up your goods just right, then you need exactly the same mix of goods for every boosted tournament, and can do maximum catering without having to trade for anything. Meanwhile, someone who has a partial or no overlap, will always need to trade for something to participate in their boost tournament

SoggyShorts

During tournaments the goods required for catering are mostly 3 types.
For example,
in a Planks tournament the provinces ask for planks,silk, and gems for 90% of the time
in a Silk tournament the provinces ask for planks,silk, and gems for 90% of the time
in a Gems tournament the provinces ask for planks,silk, and gems for 90% of the time
So a player with Planks, Silk, Gems as their 3 boosts increases their tournament boosts for all 3 every tournament.

Edit: @Ashrem with the ninja;)

Edit2: Of course if you have a perfectly balanced FS with everyone producing the same amount of goods, with a large stockpile of each, and everyone is always online for trading, then which boosts you have is completely irrelevant in all cases other than which ones are prettier.

DeletedUser3507

lol a perfectly balanced FS.....:rolleyes: Where?

This is great... but slightly imbalanced in types of goods made.

Screenshot_23.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6857

Because if you line up your goods just right, then you need exactly the same mix of goods for every boosted tournament, and can do maximum catering without having to trade for anything.

I have been noticing that this isn't as true as it once was since they changed tournaments. For example in this marble tournament in my tiny city that is boosted in Marble I have been seeing a lot of caters that require planks. I had been holding on to much of my Marble expecting it to be all marble but ended up doing some balancing to cover for this.