• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please reduce animations!

TaranEmrys

I've been playing Elvenar for years, and you keep increasing the extra motion in the app. The sword wiggle during auto combat, windows swooping open, icons sliding across the screen, etc.. The motions make gameplay dizzying and painful for anyone with a headache/migraine, movement disorder, motion sickness, or other visually triggered conditions. Elvenar used to be great for killing time while sick in bed or waiting for doc appts, but now because of these pointless animations it's almost impossible to play in those situations! Nobody is playing the game for these silly animations, but they are keeping loyal players away. As archmage I'm currently unable to effectively lead my fellowship during a FA because of them! Disabled players are a huge part of the gaming market and this is a major accessibility issue. Please at least give us a reduced motion option so we can continue to play the game.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Taran, I just wrote a thread recently where I didn't know how much longer I could actually play, now that they've changed the way the Tournaments jump from one city to the next. The movement gives me motion sickness. I was advised to close my eyes between clicks, to avoid the movement, but it's just so much more difficult to accomplish than they realize when going fast on the tourney. It really spoils the enjoyment of the game to have to close your eyes, and that in itself can be disorienting, too. Anyone who tries to do it every 10 seconds for 15 minutes straight would see how hard it is.

Frankly, I'm very disheartened by it because Elvenar is my haven from all the games that I once played that I can no longer play due to this very problem. I'm on the edge now of leaving here, and it would break my heart to leave my team. But I really don't want to take dramamine for the rest of my life just to play a game. It has side effects, if you have to do it every day of your life, not to mention the extra cost.

I'm losing hope, frankly, so I sympathize deeply with you.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
That's precisely why the devs don't seem to understand this problem. Unless you have it yourself, you never notice it. I only developed it in the last 15 years ... I never noticed it before that, either.
I feel for you Darielle. I can't imagine what that would be like. Isn't there some way to turn off the animation?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Taran, I just wrote a thread recently where I didn't know how much longer I could actually play, now that they've changed the way the Tournaments jump from one city to the next. The movement gives me motion sickness. I was advised to close my eyes between clicks, to avoid the movement, but it's just so much more difficult to accomplish than they realize when going fast on the tourney. It really spoils the enjoyment of the game to have to close your eyes, and that in itself can be disorienting, too. Anyone who tries to do it every 10 seconds for 15 minutes straight would see how hard it is.

Frankly, I'm very disheartened by it because Elvenar is my haven from all the games that I once played that I can no longer play due to this very problem. I'm on the edge now of leaving here, and it would break my heart to leave my team. But I really don't want to take dramamine for the rest of my life just to play a game. It has side effects, if you have to do it every day of your life, not to mention the extra cost.

I'm losing hope, frankly, so I sympathize deeply with you.
The part that annoys me most with the tourney one is it never goes to the province I'm going to do next! I'm one of those that go backwards in provinces from round 2 on and sometimes I manual fight. No, I DO NOT wish to go back to Province #1 after each encounter!!! It has the annoyance of 50 extra clicks like collecting wonder society badges of old when there was no rollovers AND all the extra swooshing animation of moving all over the place for no reason.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
:confused: Gee Really? I didn't notice any of these issues until ya'll mentioned them.....

Yep, now that you mention it.....I noticed. Why did you have to go and do that, anyway?! LOL!

The part that annoys me most with the tourney one is it never goes to the province I'm going to do next! I'm one of those that go backwards in provinces from round 2 on and sometimes I manual fight. No, I DO NOT wish to go back to Province #1 after each encounter!!! It has the annoyance of 50 extra clicks like collecting wonder society badges of old when there was no rollovers AND all the extra swooshing animation of moving all over the place for no reason.
I go backwards too. And I find if I access the provinces via the tent it stays on the page of the one I just did. Like if I just did number 32 it opens the page with 25-32 on it automatically once I click on the "awesome box". Using the tent icon also blocks a lot of the motion.

That's my experience, anyway.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I go backwards too. And I find if I access the provinces via the tent it stays on the page of the one I just did. Like if I just did number 32 it opens the page with 25-32 on it automatically once I click on the "awesome box". Using the tent icon also blocks a lot of the motion.
If you autofight. It wants to go back to province one if you manual fight.

Darielle

Me too!

Darielle

Yep, now that you mention it.....I noticed. Why did you have to go and do that, anyway?! LOL!

That's my experience, anyway.

AJ
It doesn't block it for me. I always use the tent option and the motion in the background behind the popup is nauseating. And even though it doesn't go back to number 1 if you use the tent option on a PC, it does move to a province you don't want to do if you are going backwards. Hence double the motion.

satchmo33

Oh. My! The Black Floaters. When they first began, I whined here in Forum...I whined to the support folks (I'm a great whiner, too....you should see how far I can stick my lower lip out....). They ain't goin' away. So gave up and just snarl at the suckers while I'm waiting to click on whatever is behind them.

Kadhrin

This will help somewhat for city view in the browser:
  1. Expand the Options menu by clicking the grey gear icon in the lower right corner of the page.
  2. Click the small gear icon to open the Advanced Settings dialog.
  3. Click the Graphics tab.
  4. On the first line, "City graphic quality", click the green arrow on the right.
  5. Select low.
  6. Click Save.
That will stop almost all animations in the city.

1680289650499.png