• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Plenty of room to upgrade, but . . .

DeletedUser1055

I have had this issue a few times before, but it has returned. When I go to upgrade certain buildings, and make sure there is sufficient space for that upgrade, it still says I don't have room. I can move the building around within it's oversized space every which way and still it says "move and upgrade". Yes, I have cleared my cache. I have even had to use a completely blank land extenstion before to upgrade the building on and then move it back to it's origianl space, where it fits perfectly. What's up with that? I'm trying to upgrade my barracks and no matter where I move it it keeps saying, "move and upgrade" ARGH! I have used two different computers and two different browsers, with the same results. It is NOT my system.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

The anchor point for EVERY building is the topmost corner. If the building can expand WITHOUT moving the anchor it will do so immediately, otherwise you'll get a Move and Upgrade button. You indicated that you COULD move the building to the intended space, once it had expanded, so the building probably had to move the topmost corner to expand, which it won't do unassisted, BUT you would have been able to drag it into place, rather than expanding it elsewhere, and then moving it back.

Jump.jpg

If you fiddle a bit with a 1x3 object, where you can readily seen what's going on,
you can same some time by being clever about WHERE you click on the object as the
topmost corner with JUMP to attach itself to the arrow in your cursor icon.

When you're shifting a row of buildings you can save some elegant time by clicking on the "right" footprint square and then, without dragging the cursor at all, click again to release the building.

Had you not been able to move the building back to your intended location, than a piece of roadway, or a decoration, or the grassy corner of a larger building would probably have been occupying one of the squares that you needed for your expanded building.

Otherwise, all fishermen are liars except thee and me, and I have my doubts about thee.

DeletedUser1055

The anchor point for EVERY building is the topmost corner. If the building can expand WITHOUT moving the anchor it will do so immediately, otherwise you'll get a Move and Upgrade button. You indicated that you COULD move the building to the intended space, once it had expanded, so the building probably had to move the topmost corner to expand, which it won't do unassisted, BUT you would have been able to drag it into place, rather than expanding it elsewhere, and then moving it back.

View attachment 208

If you fiddle a bit with a 1x3 object, where you can readily seen what's going on,
you can same some time by being clever about WHERE you click on the object as the
topmost corner with JUMP to attach itself to the arrow in your cursor icon.

When you're shifting a row of buildings you can save some elegant time by clicking on the "right" footprint square and then, without dragging the cursor at all, click again to release the building.

Had you not been able to move the building back to your intended location, than a piece of roadway, or a decoration, or the grassy corner of a larger building would probably have been occupying one of the squares that you needed for your expanded building.

Otherwise, all fishermen are liars except thee and me, and I have my doubts about thee.

Thank you for trying to help. I do appreciate it. I tried to follow your instructions, but every time I clicked on the "right" footprint square, it would cause the barracks to move even if I didn't drag. I finally just had to use diamonds to be able to do it. Again, I do appreciate you answering my concern. This happens whenever I upgrade a building on the NE edge of my town. I am always very careful to make sure there is not a grassy edge or a piece of forgotten pathway causing the problem. I have had to upgrade all of my buildings on that edge by moving, upgrading and replacing where there was plenty of room. This time I had extra squares all around the required space. It still didn't matter. Thank you for your time.