• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

population growth or the lack there of?!WTF

DeletedUser

the game is telling me I need 92 population to be able to build a crystal factory.so I leveled up all cottages to at least lvl5 or higher and noticed I now need 92population.so I added yet another cottage and leveled it up to lvl5 and now I only need 92 population???WTF so I then added another and leveled up to 5 and leveled others up even higher and finally i only need 92 population.......?WTF! so what do i gota do to get my population growth up?if anyone tells me to add more cottages ill quit this game because im not seeing any change at all in the amount of population needed to build the factory?I feel i have way too many cottages for the city to start with and would need yet another expansion to fit it anyway!when the game says u need 92 pop to bild the factory and u lvl up cottages and even add two more and the number dosnt change i think its going back to the old (get your wallet out) system and i refuse to pay for the privy to build the crystal factory!!!i have put in a lot of time since i started this game and since my population isn't growing even after adding cottages and lvling them up i feel the game is getting stagnant!

DeletedUser

well im replaying to my own thread because im at a standstill and found another problem concerning population!!! one of my achievements is to build two of the same manufactories up to lvl5 or higher! I ALREADY HAVE ALL OF THEM WITH AT LEAST TWO AT 5 OR HIGHER!!! now I gota do it again?on top of that I just did a steel factory up to lvl5 np....then I just tried to do a 2nd one (3rd really) up to lvl5 and it says im 33 population short? how did I build the others if im short on population now? I have to say some things just don't make sense here?i had a lvl5 steel factory to start with then it says I have to get two of the same up to lvl 5 so I gota now do a 3rd one because the thing came up after I had already built one to lvl5 so I gota do others? ishould only have to build one to lvl5 if I already had one that high when it asked me to get two to lvl5.i still feel its all about the game wanting $ from us and its getting me upset!you shouldn't have to pay for something that should be free.i have the supplies and should have enough population to build it yet game says ......um.....no!lol this game may be losing a player soon if things don't start making more sense?!?

DeletedUser626

yesterday, i noticed population not showing up from recently built residential upgrades.

it corrected itself when i closed browser, and clearing history/ flash data brought it back to show the residences properly for me.

DeletedUser61

I typically achieve population goals by upgrading my housing. If you're NOT getting a population increase when a new house or a new upgrade goes to completion, then you should turn in a support ticket and let the Game Managers take a look at the problem.

The upgrading quests require ANY additional level at or above the stated level, so it's a pretty good excuse for pacing your development such that you'll get the extra quest benefits.

Likewise for discovering new sectors on the World Map. You might as well allow the quests to throw in some extra benefits.

DeletedUser51

when the game says u need 92 pop to bild the factory and u lvl up cottages and even add two more and the number dosnt change i think its going back to the old (get your wallet out) system
The number didn't change because you still needed 92 population to build the factory. The available population is not subtracted from the number that is required in the build menu. You would need to look at your available population at the top of the screen to see how many people you currently have available.

one of my achievements is to build two of the same manufactories up to lvl5 or higher
This is also correct. Any progress you already have when you receive a build quest is not counted, which is why it says 'or higher' in the quest. Some quests do say 'have' a certain building. Those quests will auto credit if you have that building when you receive it. Build quests will not.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

DeletedUser

Basically, decline quests whose inconvenience outweighs their benefit. Most of them go back in the hat of repeatables, anyhow.

DeletedUser688

you may not be understanding population...

when you build residences and upgrade them, your total population increases. but when you build other buildings, your total "available" population goes down.

trust me, if you are upgrading your residences, then the population IS going up. but if you keep upgrading the workshops and stuff, then your available population is gonna keep dropping and you will not have enough to do "upgrade 2 buildings to rank 5" when it pops up.
i myself always skip the "upgrade x buildings to rank x" because it is never worth it.
repeatable quests are broken in just the way they are presented, just ip the ones that are too long and only do the easy ones, if you keep skipping the hard ones, the easy ones will loop back around and you can do them again.

DeletedUser61

Or, my pattern is to wait until that type of quest pops up and THEN I do my upgrades so that I can get the additional benefits.

I use the same approach for exploring the World Map. Once you get into the rhythm, it's pretty easy to take full advantage of the extra quest benefits.