• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Portal Problem, or Opps, that hurt!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I needed, per the quest, to build a campus. I cleared the space and started it. But it had to be next to a Wisdom Square and that meant moving things around so my wisdom square was in the right place. Problem was, I had no more room to move things around -- but if I didn't have the campus I could, right? So I deleted the campus -- which wasn't building anyway since it wasn't next to the wisdom square -- and got things in order. At that point things went south.

Went to rebuild the campus (which is the portal) and ouch! -- they only let you build it once, the second time you get to pay diamonds! Not a lot, 121, I believe, but that sort of sucked.

Another lesson in the continuing tale of learning this game, I guess.

I really think though, if you don't complete the build but delete it before it even starts you shouldn't have to pay for putting it back. In fact, I think it sucks pretty much that you have to pay for it again even if you did already build it and then tear it down.

AJ

Deleted User - 3932582

Went to rebuild the campus (which is the portal) and ouch! -- they only let you build it once, the second time you get to pay diamonds! Not a lot, 121, I believe, but that sort of sucked.
I think you're mistaken - you're most likely are just short of one of the resource requirements. If not, contact support - I am past S&D, and I can certainly build the Campus again without diamonds.

Deleted User - 3932582

This brings up another point though. If a building is cancelled before completion, it really ought to refund your entire building cost. You get refunded in full when cancelling a production, so why not a building?
I believe it does - except if you're capped, then you may lose some resources. Do you have examples when this is not the case?

Deleted User - 3932582

Guest race goods used to build guest race buildings are not refunded if you cancel construction. I learned that the hard way losing a bunch of mana tears in wooodelves.
Are you sure about that? I am almost positive that guest race goods are refunded as well - including in Woodelves. But can't test it right now. Perhaps it was some kind of bug?

Deleted User - 3932582

And I have just started and cancelled residence upgrade (L4->L5). I got full refund of costs - both coins and supplies. Hm.

And what do you know, for manufactories I indeed got only half the costs refunded. So it seems cancellation cost depends on the type of building. I learn something every day ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3932582

It could be a quiet change they slipped in to avoid people using large construction projects to foil overnight decay of mana/seeds/sentient
That's it, I knew I looked at the cancellation costs before! I remember contemplating whether or not I had enough mana to upgrade my main hall (not to hamper my research activation), and realized that there was no downside to initiating the upgrade because I could cancel if needed, and get mana back. Then I figured that if one is willing to postpone actual MH upgrade it would be possible to kite non-trivial mana amount around decay deadline by locking it into MH upgrade, then cancelling and re-doing it a day or two later.

DeletedUser22293

This is bullcrap. I accidentally started construction on the wrong thing and lost 2000 whatever they call the teardrop stuff in level 9