• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

portal prophets

DeletedUser4699

Portal profit spells will always stay current with your chapter. When you change chapters, and when your portal changes levels, the portal profit spell will stay relevant to what you are in. By hovering over the PP spell, you will see a tooltip describing exactly what it will give you.

SilverbugLuxor

Yes I am moving from Sorcerers and Dragons into Elements, and did not use all of the portal prophets and I was wondering if they will change their value when I change chapters. So it sounds like I will just have to Disenchanted them

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes I am moving from Sorcerers and Dragons into Elements, and did not use all of the portal prophets and I was wondering if they will change their value when I change chapters. So it sounds like I will just have to Disenchanted them
No. You misunderstood Bricabrac. They are not chapter specific. Each one provides the stated percentage of the portal limited goods of whatever chapter you are in when you use them. They do not become redundant in the next chapter, they stay current.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Portal Profit spells are always worth a set percent of goods. What makes them worth more or less in a chapter is what level your Portal building is when you use the spell. No matter the chapter, a portal profit spell gets you less when your Portal is level 1 versus level 2 or 3 or 4.

Oh, and if you are finishing Sorcerers now, then you are going into Halflings next, not Elementals. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What makes them worth more or less in a chapter is what level your Portal building is when you use the spell. No matter the chapter, a portal profit spell gets you less when your Portal is level 1 versus level 2 or 3 or 4.
I thought this at first, but the relationship isn't cut-and-dried. I was going to save my PP for after the portal was maxed in halflings, then I realized that by using it at the start, I could have my portal (and thus my production) maxed before I even started producing some of the goods to max it, which actually sped the chapter up more than if I had waited until the portal was at max level.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought this at first, but the relationship isn't cut-and-dried. I was going to save my PP for after the portal was maxed in halflings, then I realized that by using it at the start, I could have my portal (and thus my production) maxed before I even started producing some of the goods to max it, which actually sped the chapter up more than if I had waited until the portal was at max level.

But that is just another variable. If someone only has 5 or 10 various portal profits versus someone sitting on a hoard of dozens. I have three portal profits sitting in my inventory, so no way in hell am I burning them before my Portal is at least level 3.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I only suggest you research, and do the math. It wouldn't even work for fairies, because leveling the portal uses non - portal limited goods, so doesn't help. But by my calculations, for halflings, early use yields a superior result

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

Yup. In constructs your production blows in the beginning, but at level 4 with max buildings using PP seems like a waste.
E.G. I can make about 40% portal fill in a day with buildings now, and I'm not going to toss 8x5% PP just to save 1 day.
But when I had level 1 buildings filling my portal would have taken a week, so jumping to level 4 in a single day saved a huge amount of time- far more than at the end.
In many cases, I suspect the best use of PP is to get the portal up ASAP to skip over those super weak production days.