• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Possible Beta Changes/Event Buildings

DeletedUser9601

Not sure why they wouldn't publicize this more, as people are making decisions about event buildings. But from the beta forums (obviously subject to change):

So far, buildings that produced orcs or mana, all produced just supplies on lower levels. This has now changed, to give them more value to the players. They're going to produce items that are more relevant for the chapter the players are in when they receive these buildings. So instead for only giving supplies on lower levels, from now on they will give the following rewards:
  • Orcs producing buildings :
    Chapter 1-5: Supplies
    Chapter 6-7: Non-boosted Tier 3 goods
    Chapter 8-Infinity: Orcs
  • Mana producing buildings :
    Chapter 6-8: Non-boosted Tier 3 goods
    Chapter 9-Infinity: Mana
  • Seeds producing buildings (future work) :
    Chapter 6-8: Non-boosted Tier 3 goods
    Chapter 9-10: Mana
    Chapter 11-Infinity: Seeds
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-45.9754/

Later discussion implies these changes would apply to buildings already in existence.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The change to T3 goods does make mana huts more efficient.
A chapter 7 mana hut makes 430 tier 3/day.
This is what it takes to make gems in chapter 7
delete.jpg

That's over 150 squares once you add some roads, and makes 4500-10K gems a day depending on production times with max boost.
So if we assume your productions are 9h/3/3/3/3/3, then it's just under 10K
10,000/150 squares=
66 gems per square. Much less efficient than a mana(gem) hut.
In fact, a chapter 7 mana hut is slightly more efficient than level 19 Tier 3 buildings are in chapter 10

Not sure why they wouldn't publicize this more, as people are making decisions about event buildings. But from the beta forums (obviously subject to change):
Lol just wait until players find out that their flourishing nut caves have changed again.:eek:
Even if the math holds true for those, and they are better than getting supplies, the outrage will come.

Last edited:

Laochra

Would that mean that my Grounds of the Orc Strategist would stop giving me Orcs, since I am only in Chapter 5? I certainly hope not!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Would that mean that my Grounds of the Orc Strategist would stop giving me Orcs, since I am only in Chapter 5? I certainly hope not!
Nah it doesn't apply to military unit producing buildings, just orc nests and Frozen Orc Vortex.
Yet another example of the confusing terminology of using orcs(the resource) orcs(the units) orcs(the chapter)

DeletedUser8187

Thats nice to hear. I just built and sold my orc nest. The prize(If you call that a prize?) from the fellowship ad. I don't really need the supply maker, as I need my workshops for events/f/s adventures. So this guy just takes up space, good-bye orcey.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I should have thanked you for this when I first saw the post. I have 8 of these buildings producing supplies and they were all won in chapters where they will now produce elixir (for me). As I am just barely into Orcs, I was going to use these to help with the supplies drain I've heard is felt in Orcs. I was running 9 workshops and being very lackadaisical about upgrading them. I was also doing a veeerrryyy slow start to Orcs, dumping kp into wonders figuring I'll reconfigure city and really get started after the event ends. With this heads up, I built and am upgrading a 10th workshop and am working on upgrading the others. I'm putting kp into Orc techs so I can begin those upgrades. I am also building mushroom factories, running culture spells and workshop spells and trying to make use of all these extra supplies while I have them. Because of this post, I'm set to recover from the changes in the least painful way I can see. After I see how many Frozen Fountains and Orc Vortexes I get, will evaluate which of the culture/supply buildings will go. I've already been playing with the layout for culture as I will be selling off a bunch of the older stuff and arranging what I keep/place from prior events and/or this event around the set buildings. It may be that I can ditch my 3rd gems factory if I have enough elixir coming in. I expect the 2 Masquerade buildings will go, possibly the 3 orc nests. This will actually help with creating more room for some of the upgrades that are coming.
I know this game doesn't have a 'raiding' component (and I h.a.t.e. PvP raiding games) but I've made a scenario in my head where these changes to game mechanics by the developers is the 'raid' component of Elvenar. Doesn't happen as often or randomly as in real 'raiding' games, so I can live with it. Knowing it's coming, I can devise a strategy to get around/ahead of it. Thanking the elven gods for not letting me get a single one of those Nut Caves, though at the time I was really ticked at my horrid luck. Pretty sure I would not be happy with raiding the same building twice, lol!
Later discussion implies these changes would apply to buildings already in existence.
I'm guessing this change will apply to the Frozen Fountain. Any idea if it's going to apply to the set bonuses where the bonus gives supplies on other buildings in the set?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't play beta either, but I also read the forums. I didn't see anything in there about the set bonuses for supplies, but it's harder for me to find what I'm looking for over there, too. I could easily have missed it. Thanks for taking a look.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
It is best to ask all questions related to the topic at hand on the beta forum. At the moment, the implementation in question is not live and is not part of the live servers.

~Xelenia

Risen Malchiah

I don't mind them changing buildings that have not been released yet. I object to changing buildings that were received and placed in the past. As it stands, I don't yet know whether this will affect some of my buildings from previous events (like the Masquerade buildings I received just prior to starting Woodelves and which currently yield supplies for me).