• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prior SSU status

• Thread starter DeletedUser22644
  • Start date

DeletedUser22644

So should we go back and complete the SSU's that were skipped before now? That will make out tourney easier correct and wont adversely effect the spire?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My understanding is that they no longer affect your tournament fighting so they are now a net positive to complete. But I'm not an expert on all this and am only passing on what I've heard. Others will, not doubt, be able to better explain it.

"Others?" Are you there?

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm here, but I don't know any more than what I've heard as well. I'll try to find a thread that deals with this issue.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My understanding of the new formula:
Completing an optional research tech does not effect tourney squad sizes. Your regular squad size no longer effects tourney squad sizes (that's what increases when you take the optional SSU techs and was what used to cause increased tourney squad sizes). So taking them will have no effect on the tourney; it won't make it any more or less costly in troop resources. Taking them will help on world map province fights since you can bring more troops into the battles and the enemy squad sizes are established when you complete the Advanced Scout tech for each chapter. Enemy squad sizes only go up by a small amount each as you clear more provinces until you reach the amount needed to open the next chapter Adv Scout tech.
Taking them will also help with certain AW bonus, ex: Dwarven Bulwark. Both the number of light melee units produced and the Training Size added are percentages of your regular squad size. In my case (Ch 15 city), I stopped upgrading the Bulwark once I got the Shrooms. Increasing one AW level has the same effect on the tourney no matter which AW is upgraded. Since the Bulwark now requires way less kp (590) than the Shrooms (920) for the next level, I may decide to start taking the SSU techs and upgrading the Bulwark. Since my Shrooms are at lvl 19, I'll probably get them to the next rune upgrade first. Either way, I decided not to enter Ch16 months ago (nothing there I want) so even though I've got the kp filled in all the SSU ones I skipped, I'm going to save them for 'research a technology' options in event quests. It's been forever since I could take advantage of that option.

yelf

Interesting....I've found going back and doing my skipped SSUs only affects my city squad size (not in any tourney or Spire fights). Now my squads are bigger which causes a longer training time. I agree, saving them for quests is a good idea.