• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Problem Upgrading house's near an edge

Synful69

so,i've finally able to upgrade my home's past level 7,but ran into a small problem,after i did my beginning placement,ran the road,and prepaired to upgrade i saw on the north side of the road i can't upgrade them even having the required space behind the line (3x3).Now,the same level home on the south side of the line can be upgraded with the same space allotted.
My thinking is upgrade them on the south,move them to the north side until all are updated,which will be a pain and take up free space i have a need for.Will this work,or will i need to once again redo my layout?

Pic for refrence attached.

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2020-10-28_123051_us8.elvenar.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2020-10-28_123051_us8.elvenar.com.png
    686.8 KB · Views: 72

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If you get the "move and upgrade" button instead of the plain "upgrade" button when you are attempting to upgrade a building it means the system either can't see the space "behind" the buildings or it doesn't exist...meaning they are at the edge of the available space. If you get the "move and upgrade" then go ahead and move it but before putting it anywhere look carefully and count the available squares in the space where it was. It looks to me that the edge away from the road (the "North" side) is in line with the north side of your main hall and that would indicate there are no more active expansions or parts of active expansions to the north of those residences.

Take a good look anyway. Just remember that there will be squares there when you hit the move icon, but are they active squares? Active squares are light green, inactive ones dark green.

AJ

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Synful69
I imported your city from ElvenStats.com to ElvenArchitect.com and you do have room to upgrade the houses in place since there is a full row of available squares behind the houses. The system only recognizes space in front of that house and to its right side (you don't need space there for this particular upgrade). Since the size changes from 2x3 to 3x3, you should be able to click 'move and upgrade' and that will pick up the house. Hold it over its current position and the line around the house should be green, place it and it should fit and upgrade right where it is.
Here's your city on Architect:
Synful's City