• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Quests Problematic quests in events

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Please stop with the return of these problematic quests and/or no alternate option. It is seriously becoming a pita for many players. Especially since you already have the system built to avoid all this...

As a refresher, there used to be a ton of problematic quests. Inno actually got rid of many of them, which made ppl happy. They then eventually added this 'OR' option as a way to deal with the remaining problematic quests. (For example: 'Complete x tourney enc' OR 'Collect x goods - where only one had to be completed.) This was also a good idea and made ppl happy. (So its sad that i have to ask for you to do something you already did once...)

But in the last several events, we have seen the slow return of those problematic quests that were once removed. Quests like, 'scout a province' and 'finish a province'. The player base complained so much about them that they were removed... and now they are slowly being brought back? In what world does that sound like a smart idea?
We have also seen the abuse or neglect of the 'OR' option that was implemented for more difficult quests for some players. Where a problematic quest would show up, but the 'OR' option would also be a problematic quest.. sometimes even the same damn problematic quest. And its infuriating.

For example: 'Fight world map enc' OR 'Negotiate world map enc'. That one gets me angry every single time for multiple reasons.
First off, the problematic portion of that is the WORLD MAP ENC part of it. Many players do not have a lot of world map enc left/available to them. Ppl that have parked cities, that are over scouted, or near the end of the chapters... they can all have issues with have extra world map enc available. Or have issues with it because of a 2-5 day scout time. So the issue is the WORLD MAP ENC part of it.... so you made the "OR" option both the same difficult world map quest?! That is truly a slap in the face to the players. You're basically saying "hey, the world map enc is a problem? OK, here, do a world map enc instead!" -_- /slap
Its also annoying because you had a quest that was 'Fight/Negotiate world map enc' (all one quest). And instead of providing a real 'OR' option, you just separated it into two. They are the same thing!!! Fight/negotiate world map enc is the same over all quest as fight or negotiate world map enc!!!! That is just insulting! -- (To avoid potential confusing from some, i am NOT saying that fighting and negotiate are the same. Im saying the two overall quests are asking for the same thing.)
Its also a third degree of insulting because you also have a SINGLE quest thats 'Fight/negotiate world map, tourney, or spire encounters'. Now that is a good quest. That is a brilliant way to avoid the problems im mentioning. You include both fighting an negotiating, and cover all forms of combat relates areas. Its a ton of options all in one. Brilliant. Solves all the issues for similar related quests.
This is also what angers us so much. You have a single quest that solves it all, and you have an OR function that could help solve it. And to many times to we see both of them ignored, and you place the problematic quests anyway and no way around it.

Another is that damn 'Buy KP' quest. I know some like it. But for others its a problem, or at the very least a huge annoyance. This should have a legit 'OR' option if you intend to keep it around. - And to be clear, its one thing if it showed up only once or twice and was a small amount. But this last even, you guys went crazy on the buy KP quests. There were 5 buy kp quests that were mandatory (No 'or' option) and 5 more with 'or' options (sometimes bs OR options too). The mandatory buy kp totaled 107 kp. It went up to 194 kp if you add in the quests with an OR option. And all that is for a single event! And we've all noticed innos new 'never ending events' approach to the game. So this quickly becomes a major annoyance. Give it a legit OR option.

So lets sum this up.
Problematic quests should be altered to a non problematic approach, or, if unable, given a legit 'OR' option. That 'OR' option should NOT be another problematic quest.

(Scout provenience. Finish provenience)
Not sure why you brought these back. But these should have a legit OR option.

(Fight world map encounter. Negotiate world map encounter)
Any, and ALL, quests for 'world map encounters' should honestly be replaced with the option 'fight/negotiate world map, tourney, spire enc'. - At the very least it should be given a 'OR' option not involving more world map encounters. (Tho go with the first part!)

(Buy KP)
Provide a legit OR option. (And seriously.. lower the amount you use this quest...)

In all honestly, many players i talk to in game are a bit tired of these never ending events. But if you top that with these problematic quests that some players cant do, or is a huge hindrance to do.. then you are just pissing off the player base and your going to have a problem keeping the longer term players around. - And im not asking for everything to made 'easy' or only quests to suit a specific play style... im asking for legit options to the the quests that players find the most problematic. Those solutions will make the game better and the players happier (or at least, you'll stop angering them this way.)

As it is now, I just see real solutions that have been purposely ignored. And that kind of behavior will not be reward by me. That is why i will not spend a dime on this game while that type of behavior persists. So for the players sake, as well as your own inno, please fix these problematic quests!!!

(side note: The donate to magic acadamey is also an issue. But that is a IU issue and i will address that in a separate thread.)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas

Elovios

not sure who to tag for this. But the threads been up for 11 days so far. Guess most ppl are consumed with complaining in the forums announcement of a discord thread (not getting into that here!) So i guess the debate is over? Time to put it to a vote.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I'm for it but before voting check out the pinned thread in this section read before posting. Contains info and what they want in it to be able to vote.

Mighty Peach

@Dominionofgod I 100% agree with you. I made another post about the Buy KP quests yesterday. I think Gain KP would be a great alternative as well since it allows people to accomplish the quest through whatever play style works best for them.

In any case, there must be a reason they're clinging on to these problematic quests. Maybe they have a metric we're not privy to. Maybe they make more money with these quests included so that's why they brought them back. There has to be a reason involved.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Just put a poll on it if you want one. Nothing is being forwarded so this is all just for local use.
Do the polls and voting ideas on forum still count and get forwarded if they meet requirements now that most stuff is going to discord and they announced forums won't exist soon? Like will they still use this for now at least do you know?

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
No, maybe, yes-ish. I can't quote this but here it is:

1696128060668.png

Someone in one of my Fellowships said that asking for KP has been done in the past not just in the last 2 Events. I am on Chapters 11 and 12 and do not remember it being done before.
Someone, please tell me if you did this before these 2 quests. I don't think I would have minded the input if it was said differently. However, I do not care for all the quests as I stated before.
As far as improving the game, things mentioned throughout the Forum have excellent ideas. Don't know how they can be ignored.!
Thank You!

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
No, maybe, yes-ish. I can't quote this but here it is:

View attachment 16631
That sounds like bs honestly... No offense to speedless personally, i know hes not engineering everything at inno.
Restructuring? They already had everything in place for the posting of ideas/polls/and forwarding. They could just do nothing and keep that in place while working on any other ideas they might have. Wait until thats ready to be implemented before closing this. That seems far far more logical. - Even if they do close the forums down.. *mutters obscenities..* they could still keep this going until that point.

It feels more like they just dont want to hear from the player base any more... (or even get rid of the game)
Look at the evidence;
Never ending events
Events where you can complete everything but not get enough artifacts for evolving building.
Brought back some of the worst quests that players complained about forever. (and been previously removed)
They increased the numbers for those horrible quests...
Moved to discord which has drawn nothing but hate...
claiming to get rid of forums soon
Removal of the ideas/suggestion forwarding (this area)

its a whole string of ideas that piss the player base off. It feels like the boss at work thats trying to make everything as miserable as possible to make you quit. That way he can say 'you quit' rather then 'you're fired'. - Feels like inno is making worse and worse changes to elvenar to make players quit. That way they can shut it down at a low point instead of several months ago when it was at a high point.
... which is also a stupid idea because that only ensures id never play an inno game ever again.

But i gotta wonder wth happened over at inno hq. Because the last several months have been horrific. More so because none of it was necessary. Who ever is making these calls either has no idea what they are doing, or he knows exactly what hes doing, but hes just a sadist.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod
It all makes sense if they are planning to radically alter the game or sell it off.
that is one of many fears..
Id put my money on selling it off or canceling it over radically altering it. Weve seen many suggestions come back with a response saying something to the effect of it would be to hard to code. Granted, it could be a recoding to make all those things possible, but i dont rly see that happening.
Even selling it off makes me wonder. The forums/discord thing might make sense to that effect but i dont see how the rest of the list would help them raise the price or make it easier to facilitate.
Which kinda leads me back to 'slowly make it so bad that everyone leaves' idea. Which is still crappy because it came right after a period where inno was doing rly good work in improving the games UI and features. I was all abord during that. They did some rly great things that i loved. Then they just did a 180...

BrinDarby

The majority of profit is on the Up-Swing of any game.
Once the market is saturated, thats when ppl sell off
and just bank thier profits and start again.

The more the playerbase gentrifies, the less profit potential.

( thats why ya gotta stop pissing off the newbs and scaring
them off with stupid changes. "the children are your future")

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
as i said, im perfectly willing to give credit where its do, be it big or small. - I noticed that little adjustment to making and canceling trades. Im not sure how long its been out, as i dont have to put up many trades all to often, so its possible im just catching on to this... but i didnt see any announcement about it, so it caught me by surprise. - But that confirmation window for placing and canceling trades is gone. Instead, for placing trades, you jsut get a little mini window acknowledging the trade was placed. (The same window when you give neighborly help. Shows up for a second or two then gone.)
That is an adjustment that makes no great change to this game.. seems almost trivial... and i love it :D lol
I always love quality of life and UI improvements. It seems so miniscule, but it really helps. That confirmation widow after every single trade was rather tedious. And usually i like confirmation windows. But if your putting up 60 trades... tedious at best. So that little adjustment i think is a good one.
Not enough to balance the scales for everything i mentioned in OP.... but ill take every little bit i can get'

elvenbee

as i said, im perfectly willing to give credit where its do, be it big or small. - I noticed that little adjustment to making and canceling trades. Im not sure how long its been out, as i dont have to put up many trades all to often, so its possible im just catching on to this... but i didnt see any announcement about it, so it caught me by surprise.
That's because they're only announcing stuff on Discord now. They put out the release note for it on 9/25 with the changes going to effect on 9/28

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
That's because they're only announcing stuff on Discord now. They put out the release note for it on 9/25 with the changes going to effect on 9/28
i joined there server when it first came out. I posted in the fs recruitment area.. then i havnt rly looked back at the discord since...
Honestly, the only reason i have a discord was for another game. If i didnt already have it for that, i never would have bothered.
So yea, if it was only announced in discord, then i missed it.

Deleted User - 850238979

Event quests need to be skippable if they can't be completed for any reason. My ch 3 city has hit a road block with quest 45 which asks a the player to deposit 20kp into any AW. Access to AWs isn't granted until several techs into ch 4 and no alternative is given. This is a ' game over' for me.

Surely it would be more reasonable to make it so quests expire as the next daily begins just like the daily seasons quests. That way you forfeit the event currency but can still continue with the game.

Last edited by a moderator: