• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

problems with new neighborly "help"-worthless Lighthouse

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ouch. Should we start a pool on whether they fix it or save themselves the trouble by pretending it was an intentional nerf because the lighthouse is too powerful?

Deleted User - 3932582

In all fairness, how many people before that change polished your mana producers? I am pretty sure I, for one, have never done such a thing. And a few times when I bothered to do NH on browser I am certain that I have made very suboptimal culture choices as I don't think anyone would be running calculations of what is the best NH culture bonus on any single random city. So that's a big improvement for culture, and I doubt it changes much for mana producers.

TL;DR - Yeah, IMO Lighthouse is pretty worthless, but it was this way for a long, long time (if someone cared enough they can still visit your city and polish specific buildings even now).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Assorted stuff
I agree with all of that. So if the Lighthouse manna boost effect was mostly worthless, they should acknowledge it and either change or replace the effect to provide other value. They could make the effect percentage boost to generated manna regardless of help, or they could make it a boost based on your total manna from culture bonuses due to help.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
TL;DR - Yeah, IMO Lighthouse is pretty worthless, but it was this way for a long, long time

Yes
They over correct everything. They thought the Lighthouse was too generous, so instead of just reducing the effect a bit they nerfed the crap out of it. They do this so much I'm not even sure it is a mistake anymore. I think they like introducing things that you want to spend resources on. Then after you've invest 500 KP ( or whatever ) they say, "Oh oops, we are going to cut that effect in half now."
It's the same game new stores or restaurants play. "All you can eat seafood buffet $8.50" then three months later "Oh sorry, that's $20 now and crab legs are separate"

AtaguS

They over correct everything.
It's the same game new stores or restaurants play. "All you can eat seafood buffet $8.50" then three months later "Oh sorry, that's $20 now and crab legs are separate"

I feel like they did exactly this with the evolve buildings. It seems the bear and phoenix evolves were spectacular (wasn't playing at the time, going off the forum buzz) and fairly easily evolved up to full potential. Then Inno realized evolving buildings were total game changers and down-sized their potency while making the necessary artifacts harder to acquire. Or am I just becoming cynical?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
They thought the Lighthouse was too generous, so instead of just reducing the effect a bit they nerfed the crap out of it.
Wrong Lighthouse. Why they insist on duplicating names of game items is beyond me, but you're obviously talking about the nerf of the Crystal Lighthouse. This post is complaining about the impact of the new neighborly help system on the Lighthouse of the Good Neighborhood. That one gives a mana boost when the culture is polished on a mana producing bldg...but since many/most mana/culture bldgs are not the highest culture bldgs, they don't appear in culture window of the new help system until all other higher culture bldgs are polished. Because so many people were doing visits via mobile anyway, that's why @MinMax Gamer wondered if the OP was getting mana polishes before the system came to browser.
Another deficiency of this system is the inability to pick culture buildings with active EE spells. While you'd hope everyone would cast spells on their highest culture bldgs, there may be times where the spell is still active on a lesser culture bldg that won't show in that window until it's the highest culture bldg available to polish.

KarlD

Built The Crystal Lighthouse and got it to level 4 (waste of KP) and then sold it for the space.
Did not build Good Neighbor one either.
Same here except I think I only got to Level 3 before I sold my Crystal Lighthouse. Didn't see much need for the Good Neighbor one either. I don't use the EE spells often. I don't much care to get more coins and I get more than enough supplies using PoP spells. The only mana producing wonder that I think is worth placing is the Dragon Abbey. I love having a mana ATM where I can withdraw as much mana as I need at a moment's notice. Once I had that I no longer cared about mana decay because I only needed to produce enough mana to meet my daily needs. Any one-time needs could be met by using spells. In general I feel mana is best produced by mana producing event buildings. My KP can better be used on wonders that do more special things than producing mana like 100 other buildings already do better.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I agree with all of that. So if the Lighthouse manna boost effect was mostly worthless, they should acknowledge it and either change or replace the effect to provide other value. They could make the effect percentage boost to generated manna regardless of help, or they could make it a boost based on your total manna from culture bonuses due to help.

Or they can just ignore it for a year or more, which they are probably getting close to with this one. The mobile visits made the crystal lighthouse and other chest based wonders useless which they did acknowledge. Took till very recent to get solutions to that. This issue was also raised ages ago (on beta at least) and continues to be ignored.

the mana bonus on this one is kinda useless before and after visit change though. Fellowship member has this one and they got 800K supplies from a workshop so they aren't feeling too disappointed with it. While that isn't directly related to this wonder alone it is a combination of factors that works well enough for them.