• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Profound Dialogue

DeletedUser

I'll make this short and simple, because I can go on for hours. :p

What are the most profound lines of movie dialogue for you? What resonates for you on a level that you can't explain (or can, but you'd go on for hours)?

I have five. In their order:

5. "I love you, my sons."

4. "You have your mother's eyes."

3. "I have been, and always shall be, your friend."

2. "You...will never be...a God."

1. "I am Iron Man."

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
"A man's got to know his limitation's Dirty Harry -- Magnum Force

Nothing will destroy a person's ability to accomplish anything faster than over-estimating or even under-estimating their limitations. The perfect balance between confidence and conceit is difficult to find, but without confidence we don't try and with conceit we attempt too much and often lose what we have gained.

"Know thyself" as the Greek oracle said, and it's pretty much one of the things most important in life, I think.

AJ

Vergazi

from Paint Your Wagon

Mad Jack Duncan: You tell no one about what we're doing here, you get me? If you so much as breath a word about this, I'll put a stick of dynamite in your mouth, do you get me?
Horton: I swear before God.
Mad Jack Duncan: I said no one.

Mad Jack Duncan: I don't give a bloody damn how a man prays.
Mad Jack Duncan: There's enough room in hell for all of us.

Horace Tabor: Wait a minute! You can't buy a woman for money.
Mad Jack Duncan: You just try and get one without it.

from Blazing Saddles

Mongo: Mongo only pawn in the game of life.

Jim the Waco Kid: [to Bart, after the old woman insults him] What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny?" "Make yourself at home?" "Marry my daughter?" You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the New West. You know...morons.

There's just so many we could go on for hours and hours...

DeletedUser19723

Listen. Can you hear it? The music. I can hear it everywhere. In the wind... in the air... in the light. It's all around us. All you have to do is open yourself up. All you have to do... is listen.

Evan Taylor in August Rush.

DeletedUser18252

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Blade Runner
RIP Rutger Hauer

DeletedUser19483

The Dark Knight
"If your good at something, never do it for free."

DeletedUser23158

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Blade Runner
RIP Rutger Hauer
One of the best scenes ever!!