• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Proposed: Off-world site to rank non-payers. Feasibility and ideas?

DeletedUser627

Is it possible to set up a public Google sheets to rank non-paying players?

I imagine we'd have to publicize it ourselves by messaging archmages?

Two classifications: Total non-pay (builders allowed), and non-premium buildings (expansions and builders allowed)

I'd very much like to be able to give credit where credit is due, and encourage everyone to keep playing. What are the technical challenges involved? Would it be possible to open it for individual players to update once weekly or would it require designated data entry players?

DeletedUser43

I think this is a great idea. I know Inno only wants diamond players, but I do think it is important that free players stick around too. If we have a ranking thread for the free players they might feel some sort of accomplishment that they won't feel from the regular ranking list.

I don't see why it has to be off world. We used to have a thread going here that ranked everyone.

Valtitude

Is it possible to set up a public Google sheets to rank non-paying players?

I imagine we'd have to publicize it ourselves by messaging archmages?

Two classifications: Total non-pay (builders allowed), and non-premium buildings (expansions and builders allowed)

I'd very much like to be able to give credit where credit is due, and encourage everyone to keep playing. What are the technical challenges involved? Would it be possible to open it for individual players to update once weekly or would it require designated data entry players?
I think it sounds like a lot of work to keep your proposed spreadsheet up to date, but I agree players who play very few Diamonds deserve recognition. I know a handful of these players. They're true Elvenar Wizards! I try to emulate them as best I can, playing as few Diamonds as possible, but I don't come close to their expertise.
Google Sheets works beautifully and can have read/ write permissions set by the creator of the spreadsheet.

Creator.jpg