• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pros and Cons of Magic Residences

hvariidh gwendrot

ch 3 is best bang for the buck chapter if you are purchasing magic residents, using 300 diamonds for upgrades it's cheaper than the purchase thereafter, using BP's it's no diamond upgrades, considering the fellowsip they should do a little spire and try winning them at stage 1 boss, workshops less often but winnable at frog boss stage 2, then use the diamonds for MA-builder then epansions or such

Glandeh

Magic residences in chapter 3 provide less pop/square than the regular ones, though they need slightly less culture per pop (.282 culture/pop for normal, .264 culture/pop for magic)

1696264211033.png
1696264227422.png

Yogi Dave

Yeah, neither houses or workshops are worth getting before chapter 6. Well, human workshops are fine in chapter 5, but I'd still wait until chapter 6 or later. I always cringe when I see someone with a bunch of magic buildings when they are in the low chapters.

BrinDarby

Magic residences in chapter 3 provide less pop/square than the regular ones
I think this applies to just elves or just humans. I know I had to
wait till CH4 to make mine worth placing in 1 of them, yet in
the other one CH3 ones made sence.

Yogi Dave

I made this google spreadsheet showing how magic houses and workshops for elves and humans compare. Obviously, it was years ago since it only goes through chapter 14.
Comparison of Magic to Non-Magic Buildings
I don't know if Inno has made changes since then. I doubt it, but we are talking about Inno. Even if they did, I don't think they would be major. It would take a lot of time to verify that and time for that, I do not have.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's around American Thanksgiving. Be patient, it usually comes as the last offer or almost the last one. So, don't despair. Just keep looking for the deal. Yeah, it may mean logging on a couple of times a day to see it.

Edit: I was informed in my FS that it's Cyber Monday, which is the Monday after Black Friday. Also, it seems to last longer than a day.
I just got a very interesting offer on my new ID that's in Chapter 3. It gave me 2 magic workshops, 2 magic residences, 1 shrine of enar, and 10kp for $1.99. I had sworn not to buy anything on that ID, but I just couldn't resist.

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish
I just got a very interesting offer on my new ID that's in Chapter 3. It gave me 2 magic workshops, 2 magic residences, 1 shrine of enar, and 10kp for $1.99. I had sworn not to buy anything on that ID, but I just couldn't resist.
Holy Cats...that is one heck of a deal. IMO Magic anything is better than the regular but you do have to have either Blueprints of Diamonds to upgrade them between chapters. If not then the regular ones are for you.

Darielle

Resistance is futile.

I'd have taken it too but would sell the Shrine of Enar within a chapter or two.
Yep ... I'll do that as soon as it's useless. But for now, it's the best culture I could get and putting it down was the only way I was able to put down a MR and MW. So I'm glad they threw it into the package. I might have bought it if it were only the 2 mr and 2 mws. Fifty cents a piece for those four ain't bad, and it's probably the best deal I've ever seen.

Darielle

Holy Cats...that is one heck of a deal. IMO Magic anything is better than the regular but you do have to have either Blueprints of Diamonds to upgrade them between chapters. If not then the regular ones are for you.
I agree; I've never seen anything that good before. Almost makes up for the fact that I've never gotten a 200 (or 100) percent offer on this ID. :)

SuNaya Dark

I agree; I've never seen anything that good before. Almost makes up for the fact that I've never gotten a 200 (or 100) percent offer on this ID. :)
I got lucky and had a 200% offer for $20 U.S. and went for it. I'm hoarding as many of the diamonds as possible until I truly need to spend them. Magic Res and Magic WS will be the prime reason, after the final upgrade to my MAs. I'm not ready to "waste" Diamonds on expansions, but right now (since I've never 'bought' one with Diamonds, they're still 450 each. I may cave if the space is needed before Ch8.

SuNaya Dark

I made this google spreadsheet showing how magic houses and workshops for elves and humans compare. Obviously, it was years ago since it only goes through chapter 14.
Comparison of Magic to Non-Magic Buildings
I don't know if Inno has made changes since then. I doubt it, but we are talking about Inno. Even if they did, I don't think they would be major. It would take a lot of time to verify that and time for that, I do not have.
I clicked the link of your spreadsheet. The only information available was your Introductions and your Table of Contents.
There were no Comparison sections anywhere in the rest of the spreadsheet.
Is there a way to get those?

Thanks.
- SuNaya Dark

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I got lucky and had a 200% offer for $20 U.S. and went for it. I'm hoarding as many of the diamonds as possible until I truly need to spend them. Magic Res and Magic WS will be the prime reason, after the final upgrade to my MAs. I'm not ready to "waste" Diamonds on expansions, but right now (since I've never 'bought' one with Diamonds, they're still 450 each. I may cave if the space is needed before Ch8.

Only the first one is 450. Each one cost more than the previous one. The Wiki has a complete list of the cost of each premium expansion.

Also, I have never spent diamonds on either MR or MW, as I have won plenty of them from the Spire, since when the Spire was first added to the game.

Yogi Dave

I clicked the link of your spreadsheet. The only information available was your Introductions and your Table of Contents.
There were no Comparison sections anywhere in the rest of the spreadsheet.
Is there a way to get those?
Did you click the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet? There are 3 sheets. The link opens to the Info one.
1696708711750.png

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
700 diamonds, you will find, is not much. I think I'd combine the advice above and try to increase my diamonds faster than the rate of increase for the magic residences as you go up each chapter. If that sounds confusing, it is, even to me, who wrote it. The cost of magic residences goes up and thus, they are cheaper in lower chapters...as @Darielle and other state. But it also costs a blue print to move it up a level AND you tend to get more diamonds as you go. So if, say, the next chapter that 500 diamond magic residence costs you 600 diamonds, but you have, in the mean time, both collected a blue print or two AND more than 100 diamonds, you are ahead by waiting for the next sale. As long as you are earning more diamonds each chapter than the increase in the cost of a magic residence, you will eventually have enough blue prints saved and diamonds to buy it at that current chapter. But of course, in waiting you do lose the benefits of not having it...more pop and coins... but in the lower chapters it's not that much. I think somebody said about chapter 8 or so would be a good compromise of when to buy them? I think that sounds about right to me.

AJ