• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Province expansions

DeletedUser10905

Province expansions haven't been raised since I started this game. We need more! The buildings are getting bigger with each chapter, the spire prizes need room, the event buildings can't get placed. Maybe inno could put up a poll to see if we need more? I can't afford to buy 1,000s of diamonds.

DeletedUser10905

When did you start the game? More expansions have been added twice in the last year or so, when chapter 15 and chapter 16 were added to the game. And if you are still early in the game, then you just need to get further along and you will get more expansions.
Not talking about research expansions, province expansions are the one you get when you scout so many provinces on the world map

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not talking about research expansions, province expansions are the one you get when you scout so many provinces on the world map

And so am I. Each of the last two added chapters has included one new extra expansion from scouting that were not even in the game until the chapter was added. That is two new scouting expansions added to the game in the past year. Now you do not get the final scouting expansion until you have scouted 500+ provinces.

StarLoad

And so am I. Each of the last two added chapters has included one new extra expansion from scouting that were not even in the game until the chapter was added. That is two new scouting expansions added to the game in the past year. Now you do not get the final scouting expansion until you have scouted 500+ provinces.
OK I will re-try the question, How many provinces do you have to scout for that 1 expansion? And is that amount of scouting reasonable for 1 expansion?
Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
OK I will re-try the question, How many provinces do you have to scout for that 1 expansion? And is that amount of scouting reasonable for 1 expansion?

Looking at the full list on the Wiki, if you already had all the scouting expansions available before chapter 15 was added, and had stopped at the 457 needed for that, the new one unlocked with chapter 15 requires 18 more completed provinces to earn. And the one added with chapter 16 requires 25 more completed provinces to earn, to make that total of 500 to have all the current expansions available from scouting.

And considering I have over 560 completed provinces, yes, that amount if reasonable to me.

StarLoad

Looking at the full list on the Wiki, if you already had all the scouting expansions available before chapter 15 was added, and had stopped at the 457 needed for that, the new one unlocked with chapter 15 requires 18 more completed provinces to earn. And the one added with chapter 16 requires 25 more completed provinces to earn, to make that total of 500 to have all the current expansions available from scouting.

And considering I have over 560 completed provinces, yes, that amount if reasonable to me.
Thank you, and since I am far behind you how long does clearing 1 province take at ch 15 & 16?

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you, and since I am far behind you how long does clearing 1 province take at ch 15 & 16?

Ed

The scouting is about 88 hours now, but I should add that I have another 12 or so provinces scouted, but not completed, for use in events, so that added more to the time than just the 560 completed would. And completing the province takes about 2 minutes, since I have the goods and the troops to do it right away if I want to.

Now, if I was still back at 500 scouted or lower, the time to do so would be a lot lower, of course, since every scouted province increases the time to do the next one. Maybe someone else who is still at that point can give you a more accurate time amount, but probably still less than 72 hours at that point.

StarLoad

Thanks, that helps to understand the progression, So what I seem to see us that as you progress the number of Provinces needed for an expansion grows as does the cost to clear the province, so at some point, the maximum province expansions you can get is one and in theory you should get to a point where the number of provinces required to get an expansion would exceed the number needed to clear a chapter.
If I have that correct and if the growth in the size of building space and needed space for guest races have also increased, then INNO will either provide for more expansions via Diamonds or by other means to provide the players the ability to keep growing. Yes they, INNO, would prefer we buy diamonds and get the expansions that way. However, I fear that is the exception rather than the rule.
This may put many players in the position of saying stop, as I have heard from many in my FS and from others, and they are not progressing into and thru the next chapters.

Hence the need to provide for more expansions in some manner other than by diamond, the 1 province, and the 2 tech expansions. IMO

Ed

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

Ed
You need 500 provinces to get the 62nd expansion, and exploring your 500th province is a little over 60 hours.

so at some point, the maximum province expansions you can get is one and in theory you should get to a point where the number of provinces required to get an expansion would exceed the number needed to clear a chapter.
You do not need 500 provinces cleared to get into the final chapter, only 470, so there is no chapter requirement to explore more provinces than you get new expansions for. Desiring more expansions is the essence of scarcity. that doesn't mean it should be indulged.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Interesting as I am at 369 provinces and scouting is 36 hours each
Not as interesting as you might think. The largest component of the cost of scouting (on which time is based) is the ring you are in, and by the time you get to province 500 there are over 60 provinces per ring, so much less variation than in earlier rings. And the advanced scouts in Ch XV have a significant effect on scouting.

StarLoad

Not as interesting as you might think. The largest component of the cost of scouting (on which time is based) is the ring you are in, and by the time you get to province 500 there are over 60 provinces per ring, so much less variation than in earlier rings. And the advanced scouts in Ch XV have a significant effect on scouting.
And that ring is the number away from the core so I am doing my final 12 out now

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And that ring is the number away from the core so I am doing my final 12 out now
So at 220 complete, you have enough explored provinces to get into Sorcerors and Dragons, and have four more sets of Advanced Scout techs coming before you get to enough provinces for all the available expansions. By the time you get to Chapter 16, you'll have received 26 more expansions.

StarLoad

So at 220 complete, you have enough explored provinces to get into Sorcerors and Dragons, and have four more sets of Advanced Scout techs coming before you get to enough provinces for all the available expansions. By the time you get to Chapter 16, you'll have received 26 more expansions.
Actually I am in Constructs, 369 provinces complete out of 400 needed to finish and move on.

StarLoad

I just looked and the incomplete tab has 18 provinces ready to complete and I started a scout this AM and it was on the last 12 from center. Maybe in INNO's way of counting 12=13?

michmarc

Counting mine out right now, it looks like the number that shows up in that dialog is counting the number of provinces between your city and the target province which means the ones immediately adjacent to you are distance 0 (but what most people would call ring 1). So yes, the ones marked as distance 12 are in ring 13.