• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Quest to sell Wood Elves portal? Forum: No, Elvengems: Yes

ElfGunn

Is there a quest to sell the Wood Elves portal, the forest glade? I've completed research on the first four Sorcerers and Dragons techs, and haven't gotten it yet.

Edit: Forum says no quest, Elvengems Guest Race guide says there is the "Have no portals" quest. In any event, I never got the quest so I went ahead and sold the portal.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@ElfGunn
In ElvenGems, I see the 'have no portals' quest in Woodelves as quest #3, very early chapter and well before the Forest Glade is even unlocked. That quest would have been the ok to sell the Orc portal. I see no quest towards the end of Woodelves story quests and no quests at the beginning of S&D story quests that pertain to the portal at all.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
As I just passed that spot with a city in early S&D, the answer is NO QUEST.

I will answer for Gems. You will note that we do say, quests vary. This depends on many things. Choices that you make in the game are part of it. But the biggest factor is that the quests themselves are constantly being tweaked by the developers, so that we at Gems collect and play test new lists only to find that the quests have been changed again.

For instance. There is a quest in late Dwarf, Research Tavern and Temple. The very next quest used to be Build a Tavern or Temple, which then got changed to Have a Tavern or Temple. Then it was Have a Tavern but if we built a Temple prior to arriving at that quest, the quest would appear as Have a Tavern or Temple. And now, we're back to Build a Tavern with no possibility of triggering the change by our own actions. *face palm*

Have we really no other use to which developers' hours could be put? The quests were changed to more reasonable ones through honest feedback from folks who actually played Elvenar, as quality of life improvements (resisting to urge to swear).

So, @ElfGunn and other interested parties. We at Gems do our poor best to keep up, but some comments really ought to be directed back at the developers. (These views are my own, and may or may not reflect the views of other staff at Gems)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@ElfGunn I just went over the quest lists at Elvengems and the only portal quest for Woodelves is quest 3. "Have 0 portals." This is the quest where you sell off your Orc portal from the previous chapter. There is no quest listed on the Elvengems site at the end of the chapter related to selling off the Woodelves portal. So I am not sure why you say Elvengems lists such a quest.

@Lelanya As far as I can tell, Elvengem's info is completely accurate and up to date here. Also, thank you for all the work you and others do in maintaining this incredible site.

ElfGunn

As I just passed that spot with a city in early S&D, the answer is NO QUEST.

I will answer for Gems. You will note that we do say, quests vary. This depends on many things. Choices that you make in the game are part of it. But the biggest factor is that the quests themselves are constantly being tweaked by the developers, so that we at Gems collect and play test new lists only to find that the quests have been changed again.

For instance. There is a quest in late Dwarf, Research Tavern and Temple. The very next quest used to be Build a Tavern or Temple, which then got changed to Have a Tavern or Temple. Then it was Have a Tavern but if we built a Temple prior to arriving at that quest, the quest would appear as Have a Tavern or Temple. And now, we're back to Build a Tavern with no possibility of triggering the change by our own actions. *face palm*

Have we really no other use to which developers' hours could be put? The quests were changed to more reasonable ones through honest feedback from folks who actually played Elvenar, as quality of life improvements (resisting to urge to swear).

So, @ElfGunn and other interested parties. We at Gems do our poor best to keep up, but some comments really ought to be directed back at the developers. (These views are my own, and may or may not reflect the views of other staff at Gems)

I just wanted to share my findings, not point fingers.

To be quite clear, my original question was with regards to selling the Wood Elves portal (forest glade) AFTER completing Sorcerers and Dragons Advanced Scouts. As I said previously, I had completed several S&D techs without a quest to sell appearing. After finding out here that there is (or is no longer) such a quest, I sold the forest glade without regrets.

Dew Spinner

I just wanted to share my findings, not point fingers.

To be quite clear, my original question was with regards to selling the Wood Elves portal (forest glade) AFTER completing Sorcerers and Dragons Advanced Scouts. As I said previously, I had completed several S&D techs without a quest to sell appearing. After finding out here that there is (or is no longer) such a quest, I sold the forest glade without regrets.
I would suggest verifying the info on GoK by cross checking it with other sites. I have found quite a bit of inaccurate info on GoK.

Last edited: