• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question: Does anyone know when "Spells" will be added

• Thread starter DeletedUser1657
  • Start date

DeletedUser627

..... If the academy is, in fact, to be a core component of the game - as indicated by its inability to be be sold/deleted after it has been constructed - I would expect that deciding whether or not to build it will become a moot point. Somewhere along the line, I would expect the developers to make the construction required (at some point) to progress the game, such coming in the form of a "non-declinable" quest or another mechanism such as a requirement to support the buildings or goods production of next guest race.

As for the Wiki - interestingly, Magic Academy is already listed under the Basic Buildings section, but only linking to a picture and an otherwise empty page.

Exactly...which is why we would expect to see some significant contribution to the game, not this wanky little spell. Barracks and Main Hall, Trader and Builder - these are true core functions that provide significant value. From the first moment they are built, they expand a player's game and are worth the space required. The Magic Academy doesn't provide any value to beginning players - it just takes up space and thus slows the game. Again.

DeletedUser43

Right now, on beta, building the magic academy is an option in the tech tree. You don't need to build one to move forward. Unless they mess with the storyline quest.

DeletedUser1053

I am 3/4 through my dwarves chapter and still have a non-declinable quest from the previous chapter. The bonus is not enough to cause me to continue it forward.

DeletedUser1161

Yep, that's pretty much what was presented in the video. I think it's a ploy to get new players to use up too much city space and be forced into buying diamonds for premium expansions. You won't figure out that it's useless until you build it and then it's too late.

I think the elven/human AW serve the same purpose. If you build and level them aggressively, you'll need premium expansions for houses and factories to make up for the lost goods production.