• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

question re: messaging auto delete

Aritra

I have seen that in-game (player-to-player) messages are automatically deleted by the system after sitting "too long." I wish I knew what that time limit was so I could preserve threads I want to keep by using them before they expire. Anybody know?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
No real answer for you, but here's what I see on browser*:
I have never 'cleaned up' my inbox in either city. I just let all msgs get pushed off the bottom. I am Eastern time in the US.
Ch17 city (city created in March 2017)
I have 18 pages with 5 msgs per page and there are 2 msgs on page 19. The date/time of the last post in the last msg on p 19 is: Oct 16, 2021, 9:20pm. Total msgs: 92
Ch16 city (city created in May 2018)
I have 6 pages with 5 msgs per page and there are 4 msgs on page 7. The date/time of the last post in the last msg on p 7 is: Oct 19, 2021, 5:36pm. Total msgs: 34

*I was flipping between tabs and typing as I went; I had never checked it before and there's a stark difference in the 2 cities! It's understandable I have more msgs in the first city: I'm AM there as well as FA coordinator. I send lots of FS wide msgs during the FA and get more direct msgs since I became AM last spring than when I was just a Mage. We also have 6 AWKP swap threads in that FS that get renewed about every 100 msgs or so when they get slow to load for some members. The other city, we have one NetZero thread for all AWKP swaps. There are few FA msgs there as we all use the same spreadsheet with color coded sections for badges for the different paths, so it's easier to tell where we are/where we're going.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah it's somewhere between as little as 30 days and as much as 10 weeks, so far as I can tell. I have the impression that, someone on the server's tech team just pushes a button, and hey presto, the old ones vanish.

With newer cities, I think a personal message may last up to 3 and and half months.

I have seen various requests from players that InnoGames update their antiquated mail system. There was a famous April Fools joke where a CM from here said that in order to bring parity to the two platforms that mail for the browser version was going to be canceled!! (That's the only real indication we've had that anyone has ever read our feedback about this).

Aritra

Thanks for the feedback.
It is really too bad that it appears to be so inconsistent. If it were consistent, then it would be easier to ask for a one liner on the inbox to the effect of "messages older than x days will automatically be deleted" (like gmail and many others do for the trash and spam folders). Hmmm :rolleyes: