• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Questions regarding Rune Shards

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
Would someone please make a list of the ways you can obtain Rune Shards?
I've been a member since 12/22 & :confused: this is the first time I've been unable to upgrade an AW because I ran out of Rune Shards! Grrrrrrrr ~ I'm stuck in "upgrading" and I sukk at patience haha. The AW is the Crystal Lighthouse. Hardly anybody in my fellowship has one....
I understand I can get them in the tournaments. There has to be more ways.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
***Having read what was said I'm kinda confused. Their language is not for the newbie.
Anyone one else have advice?
First, do not partake in magical products before reading that link...

Second, runes are specific to wonders but broken rune shards are universal and can be used to build any wonder. Essentially, you use the rune wheel of a wonder you do not wish to build to produce broken rune shards. Once you have 10 broken rune shards, you go back to the rune wheel of the wonder you DO want to build and forge it into a rune for a different wonder. 10 broken rune shards will be forged into a rune that is guaranteed to fit in a rune wheel.

Example: I want to build Needles of the Tempest but do not have enough runes. I go to my Tome of Secrets, which I do not want to build and have 80 runes for (or whatever). I try to build the rune wheel for Tome of Secrets, and in the process, a bunch of those 80 runes will break into broken rune shards. Once I have 10 broken rune shards, I go back to my Needles of Tempest wonder and I forge it into a Needles of Tempest rune to fit in the rune wheel. If you run out of Tome runes, you can move on to a different wonder you don't want to build, like Enars, etc. Keep breaking runes until you have enough broken runes to use to complete Needles. Then click build and then resume fungi consumption.

Best source for runes is tournament. All the 10+ provinces give a rune in the 6th round. Do enough tourney and you'll never run out of runes.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Their language is not for the newbie
I'll give it another shot; I often need to hear things several different ways before I understand. And it's always helpful if the examples used are the same ones I'm trying to work with.
You need Crystal Lighthouse (CL) runes for the rune wheel. You understand anytime that broken shards bar in the CL rune wheel window is full with 10 broken shards, it will forge one CL rune that will automatically insert in the rune wheel and is guaranteed not to break. You've done that. How to get 10 broken shards to fill that bar again:
You haven't built the Tome of Secrets (ToS) so I'll use that AW as the example. Since it's an AW unlocked early on, you should have quite a few runes for it. Open the rune wheel window of the ToS and begin inserting the runes into its rune wheel. Some will break and will add 1 broken shard to the broken shards bar. Do this until that bar is full (10 broken shards). Close the ToS rune wheel window. Open the CL rune wheel window. Since all AW's share the same broken shards bar, that bar is now also full in the CL rune wheel window. Forge rune; it will auto insert in the wheel, guaranteed not to break. You still need a rune for the CL to finish the wheel. Return to ToS rune wheel window and repeat steps you did before.
*What if you end up with the ToS rune wheel complete, but still need more CL runes?*
Build the ToS. Once it's finished, sell it off*. You get the ToS back in your AW inventory, but lose the runes you put in before building, so empty rune wheel again. Repeat all steps above until you've completed the rune wheel in the CL.
*Edit to add: you can't just cancel construction, you have to sell the AW. If you cancel construction, you get the ToS back in your inventory but the rune wheel is full and ready to upgrade. That won't help you break runes to make broken shards.
Also: I found it helpful to never think of the term 'shards' when referring to runes and never use the word 'rune' when referring to broken shards. Yes, I know the game does; they named them rune shards and broken rune shards. It just sounds confusing to me. My brain is way happier with 'runes' and 'broken shards' and I use my mental eraser to ignore the rune/shards when found in the 'wrong' location, lol!

Last edited:

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
First, do not partake in magical products before reading that link...

Second, runes are specific to wonders but broken rune shards are universal and can be used to build any wonder. Essentially, you use the rune wheel of a wonder you do not wish to build to produce broken rune shards. Once you have 10 broken rune shards, you go back to the rune wheel of the wonder you DO want to build and forge it into a rune for a different wonder. 10 broken rune shards will be forged into a rune that is guaranteed to fit in a rune wheel.

Example: I want to build Needles of the Tempest but do not have enough runes. I go to my Tome of Secrets, which I do not want to build and have 80 runes for (or whatever). I try to build the rune wheel for Tome of Secrets, and in the process, a bunch of those 80 runes will break into broken rune shards. Once I have 10 broken rune shards, I go back to my Needles of Tempest wonder and I forge it into a Needles of Tempest rune to fit in the rune wheel. If you run out of Tome runes, you can move on to a different wonder you don't want to build, like Enars, etc. Keep breaking runes until you have enough broken runes to use to complete Needles. Then click build and then resume fungi consumption.

Best source for runes is tournament. All the 10+ provinces give a rune in the 6th round. Do enough tourney and you'll never run out of runes.
Awesome info @crackie thanks :)