• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes

BrinDarby

Thats the ticket laddy, stuff someone can give to
Inno on Discord.......

Stop it, just stop it... please Inno.
Before it was 2 steps fwd, 3 steps back.........
Now its 2 steps fwd, 10 steps back......

Tell ya what Inno, if all these changes are sooo good,
just reset the whole game to CH1 and lets see whom stays
and of those who pays, shall we ???

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I never thought in my entire life a game I love so much, or any game at all actually could make me feel the level of sad and upset and irritated I'm feeling over this Ancient Wonders change that went into Beta. Maybe this is a sign that I got too into my game or that I need to just back away for a while? I'm not sure. But I'm very upset to know all the years and hours I thought I was working on something great is about to be completely ruined if it goes to live worlds like they are planning. I thought them ripping the forum was a doozy, but I tried my hardest to turn positive and stay positive and optimistic. I was told there was only one time that something in beta did not go to live worlds. I'm not sure if that is fact or not but I'm hoping not. And I'm hoping that this is all changed back soon or fixed to wherever it should be. All I know is it isn't this!

I log in daily to Elvenar because it makes me happy. If I had a beta city and logged in and saw that it would have caused big mad inside me and I would have logged right back out to find something else to spend my time doing. I'm hoping this does not continue.

Matter in fact, I don't understand why they would even think of doing something this huge, this soon after upsetting so many by taking the forums out of the in game link and ruining our forum! I'm not sure what they are thinking we would feel by this. All I know is actions speak louder than words and I'm in utter shock.

All of the complaints on the specific discord section were forwarded to the devs. And so far not one word back.

Sorry. Now I'm done my rant. That is all for now. I'm normally pretty level-headed too.

BrinDarby

Lets see, since the takeover in March....
We've been given (forced) free migration to CH 5/6.
Suffered thru losing our bedrock community Forum.
Events have been nerf'd down, from F2P to P2P levels.
Now its a rebalance (nerf) of AWs, and if you think
its just (4), thats prolly just the 4 we'd notice, so they
gave us a warning heads up on. ;)

Players have paid good $$$ to specifically have what
they have. Now Inno says, ooops we're going to make
those buildings not worth spending on, thanks tho for
paying us for dissappearing pixels basically. Not only
that but everything is interconnected, to rebalance
anything means rebalancing everything. Any moron
knows if you're gonna do that, do it Once and do
it All at Once, don't do it chunks here/there.... duhh

I guess Inno's new motto is :
How can we alienate the paying customers today,
and chase away our detractors and F2P players ??

BrinDarby

lets add now I'm being prodded to watch Adverts....
the 1st time I see a advert, is the last time I ever log in !!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I never thought in my entire life a game I love so much, or any game at all actually could make me feel the level of sad and upset and irritated I'm feeling over this Ancient Wonders change that went into Beta. Maybe this is a sign that I got too into my game or that I need to just back away for a while? I'm not sure. But I'm very upset to know all the years and hours I thought I was working on something great is about to be completely ruined if it goes to live worlds like they are planning. I thought them ripping the forum was a doozy, but I tried my hardest to turn positive and stay positive and optimistic. I was told there was only one time that something in beta did not go to live worlds. I'm not sure if that is fact or not but I'm hoping not. And I'm hoping that this is all changed back soon or fixed to wherever it should be. All I know is it isn't this!
What she said!!!

Deleted User - 849411552

Then give me a "settings option" to not show them, otherwise
"completely ignore" isn't possible, msgs are part of it.
Yes, that just showed up in my city last night! Just one more irritation on top of my outright annoyance at Inno's complete betrayal of trust with these impending changes. I don't see the ads because of my ad blocker, but now there's the incessant message, "There's a treasure in this city!", every time I return to the city screen.

If they go ahead with these changes on the live servers it will prove to me that whatever strategy the community and myself might come up with to deal with them, they will just move the goal posts - or actually switch up from soccer to football as someone said - at Inno's whim in the future. I would have to be an idiot to continue playing in this kind of environment - and especially to invest any more money in it.

I had been burned by another online game in the past, but when I discovered Elvenar - and especially the quality and care the developers had put into it - I was delighted. The lack of player-vs-player and the game's deliberate focus on cooperation was a huge plus too, so it was and is a privilege to be part of a supportive community - both in-game and in this forum.

But I suppose the lesson for me is to instead focus on games that I can actually buy outright and thereafter play in whatever style I wish to without the developer ever being able to upturn the universe because their post-COVID profits are down. And in the case of games that I actually install on my PC and "own", I will happily pay for DLCs that give the developer a continuing source of revenue, and give me an expanding and stimulating world to play in.

So I suppose I won't have to put up with the "There's a treasure in this city!" message for much longer...

BrinDarby

But I suppose the lesson for me is to instead focus on games that I can actually buy outright and thereafter play in whatever style I wish to without the developer ever being able to upturn the universe because their post-COVID profits are down.
Even this doesn't work 100% for most modern games.

When game developers moved from successive game
versions/titles, like Ultima I, Ultima II, Ultima III, ect ect....
to online portals, very quickly that became subscriptions.
Basically having ppl pay to play the game they already
bought and paid for... then selling pixels became the rage.
Pixels in the form of "stuff" but also virtual property.
At the same time we got the rise of the F2P online game.
The big platforms jumped on that bandwagon, buying
up F2P games for thier platform.

As you say David, you'd hope a bought game be free from
future whims of the devs. I would even consider those games
to be P2P because you "paid" for the right to play. The big
problem here is having a P2P game, disguised as a F2P game.
Its one thing to pay for pixels/property, its another to have
to pay just so you're not pulling your hair out trying to play
the darn game. Either way, the unwritten rule always has been,
that if you buy pixels.... caviot emptor, let the buyer beware. ;)

I try to take @Mykan 's view, I hope the devs really are trying
to make things better, but actions speak louder than words.
Lets take the Ultima series as an example. Would I as a player
freak, if 3 years in, in order to continue I had to kill someone ?
I'd be like I spent 3 years killing noone to keep that part of
my character ok in that disclipine.... of course I'm gonna freak.
1 act to "continue" sets me back 1-2 years, uhhhhh No.

When a game is as interconnected as Elvenar is, most players
(once they grasp the game) make choices in what is built in
thier city depending on thier playstyle/avail time. Changing
something a player bought/did 3-15 CHs ago and has been
building on since then, basically erases all that hard work.
It degrades the basic trust between the playerbase and Inno.
Once trust is lost, next goes revenue to Inno or an outright
exodus of players to other games. At the very least, players
"park", not knowing which decisions to make.

All games have a lifespan, when a new mgmt team tries to
revitalize a game thats already market saturated, its an huge
uphill climb. Usually its not a pretty site, and far too often
it fails and the game emplodes. Elvenar seems @ the stage
where new mgmt is squeezing out what life/revenue Elvenar
still has, then move on to greener pastures. This might take
awhile, but the downward spiral seems to be evident.

Had Inno chg'd mgmt, came in and look'd @ past threads,
and gone down a path of a charm offensive, by giving us
what we've been asking for for sooo long, the playerbase
might have been on Inno's side about making wholesale
changes to the game. Seems the opposite happened and
Inno came in with a wrecking ball approach. I'm not gonna
hold my breath, but I'll take David's view..... time to go
back to "bought" games. Sad thing is, ya can't just go down
to the local computer store/software outlet and buy a game,
and companies are shifting to "renting" from "owning".
Soon I fear all games will suffer the same problems we're
having here.

Deleted User - 849411552

Well said, Brin. "Charm offensive" - yes that would be a great idea. Alienating a large portion of your player base is not.

Its interesting you mentioned several Bethesda games. I have a soft spot for them. Starfield is my all time favourite, followed by Skyrim. Yes, with Starfield they went to that mixed model - buy it outright or rent it through Game Pass. The rental model hugely inflated the player numbers so it became a big marketing point - even though many of those players may have only played for a few hours before moving on. The thing is, those who "bought" Starfield have made a significant investment and they are probably much more likely to build on this by adding to it with future DLCs. Higher player allegiance.

We do have games for sale in the cities, but I live far out in the boonies so that's never really been a practical option for me - apart from mail order. And it seems that those who buy a boxed game are at somewhat of a disadvantage. There seems to be more immediate support and of course saved game backups if you buy Starfield from Steam, as I did.

It may have been that Elvenar would have been more successful in the long term if there was a mixture of free play or demo play to get people interested, but subscriptions for players once they are hooked. Its probably too late to switch to that now - but I suppose that model does force a developer to be more responsive to their clients, or players cancel their monthly payments.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes, Thursday. Because a week of Beta testing for the biggest change in at least 5 years, with the most negative feedback ever, obviously only needs 1 week of Beta testing
This is very common with InnoGames, the more a feature is disliked, the quicker they will push it through. It's no accident that this came when so many players are exploring the in-game Ads features.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Someone said something about Enar's Embassy getting buffed. Anyone know anything about that one?