• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Racial imbalance for quests(spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For quests #60&70 there is a rather significant advantage to having an elf city versus a human city on top of the advantage any player with Elven planks or marble as a boost has over any human with planks or steel.
racial.png

This morning my cities were tied, but now my Elf will just finish quest #70 before my Human finishes #60.

IMO players with double sized Tier 1 buildings should require half as many productions/upgrades for the quests.

1x players for "produce 3h/9h/24h/48h"
Elven plankers
Elven marble
Human marble

0.5x players for "produce 3h/9h/24h/48h"
Elven steel
Human steel
Human plank

Same goes for the upgrade quests like in the image above.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
In terms of the building upgrades everyone can build a marble building regardless of race or boost. It is my go to for these sort of quests and most of my towns are planks boost.

SoggyShorts

In terms of the building upgrades everyone can build a marble building regardless of race or boost. It is my go to for these sort of quests and most of my towns are planks boost.
But human marble at levels 5&6 are way worse than elven planks. Triple the size and upgrade times.

qaccy

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If Inno starts trying to balance things based on quest requirements, I can only imagine what that's going to lead to. I think we just have to remember that we all made a choice when we started playing over which race we wanted to play, and the two aren't going to be equal in all areas.

SoggyShorts

I think we just have to remember that we all made a choice when we started playing over which race we wanted to play
I don't think very many (if any players) made informed decisions about which race to play though. Knowing that an Elf with plank silk gems* for boost is superior to all other set-ups** (even if it's small things) would have made me change my mind.

Yes it's relatively minor compared to some other things that need tweaking in this game, but the devs do or don't implement things seemingly at random, so why not point out a game flaw? You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

*plank/silk/gems has the smallest Tier 1 buildings for events, and the 3 as a set have tournament synergy.
*A case could be made that pallys>treants, and priests>mages gives humans one advantage, but personally the crappiness of mortars balances that out for me.

qaccy

@SoggyShorts

I'm not entirely sure there's any definitive 'superior set up', but in any case we can't influence which boosts we get short of simply abandoning ship and picking a new world entirely hoping for a better roll of the die.

For your other statement, I still don't really think it's a 'flaw'. For example, you consider it a disadvantage that a level 5 human marble manufactory is 3x larger than a level 5 elven planks manufactory, but that also means that a human only needs one builder to fill that space as opposed to three. Depending on what you're using the buildings for, that can be an advantage in favor of humans just as much as it could be for elves with different priorities.

YellowWeed

I have read and liked you Soggy Shorts. But I am very disappointed that you had to title this thread with the word "Racial" in it.
Why? Is that really to be called for here?
This game is a way to take me away from all the fuss out there.

SoggyShorts

For your other statement, I still don't really think it's a 'flaw'.
Every event asks for "produce Tier 1 x times" There is a clear advantage to being able to fit double the tier one buildings for these quests.
Every event asks for "upgrade x building to level y" There is a clear advantage to being able to do this in half the time,space, pop, culture.
For example, you consider it a disadvantage that a level 5 human marble manufactory is 3x larger than a level 5 elven planks manufactory, but that also means that a human only needs one builder to fill that space as opposed to three. Depending on what you're using the buildings for, that can be an advantage in favor of humans just as much as it could be for elves with different priorities.
I must be missing something, how does filling up space more easily equate to an advantage? During events the goal isn't to fill up space, it's to complete quests. I can't see how using 3x the space, pop, and culture and taking 3x as long can be an advantage.

I am very disappointed that you had to title this thread with the word "Racial" in it.
Why? Is that really to be called for here?
You are joking, right?
There are two playable races in Elvenar. There is an imbalance between those two races. That is called a racial imbalance.
That's how English works.

StarLoad

Some people can't understand that race and ethnicity are different things. Before they made the questions multiple choice I always used to put my race as "human" on forms.
Labels are such a bad thing... On all my forms I choose Other for race and ethnicity and enter "American" No hyphen needed just American.

SoggyShorts

Labels are such a bad thing... On all my forms I choose Other for race and ethnicity and enter "American" No hyphen needed just American.
Just as @Tedious said, labels aren't always a bad thing; imagine not wanting to identify as female when filling out a form, and how awkward it would be if your doctor scheduled you for a prostate exam and found out you didn't have one?

Also the whole "no-labels" Idea is a nice concept, but when taken too far can have consequences. For example Swedish police are not allowed to describe suspects anymore in case they might come off as being racist. That doesn't seem like a great idea to me
. EDIT: Fake news, but sounded true which is a bad sign...

And finally, it could be argued that "American" is a label;)
im-a-millennial-so-i-dont-really-like-labels.jpg

Edit: To be clear, Judging people, or treating them differently based solely on a label that you or others have ascribed to them can be bad, but the label itself might not be the problem.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Also the whole "no-labels" Idea is a nice concept, but when taken too far can have consequences. For example Swedish police are not allowed to describe suspects anymore in case they might come off as being racist. That doesn't seem like a great idea to me.
Note that the Independent left out key information. They aren't allowed to use certain indicators in press communications when it involves mundane cases where they aren't seeking the public's help in finding suspects. For wanted releases and internal documentation, all descriptions will continue to be detailed.

From the original Swedish coverage:
Gyllander said:
If you keep reading the directives, you'll see that we do say that if we need that kind of information [from the public] we are allowed to do that
This will specifically work to prevent news releases like "3 Muslim males were arrested after a burglary at some place" or "Four native teenagers were arrested after a high-speed chase."

SoggyShorts

For wanted releases and internal documentation, all descriptions will continue to be detailed.
Well that's at least a good thing. I'm not really familiar with The Independent, smells like some fake news outlet now....
Still, I wasn't at all surprised when I thought the article was accurate, and that says something.....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well that's at least a good thing. I'm not really familiar with The Independent, smells like some fake news outlet now....
Still, I wasn't at all surprised when I thought the article was accurate, and that says something.....
Sweden has been buffetted by a round-about external assault. They've changed their definition of rape and sexual assault several times in the last two decades, to one of the most liberal definitions in the world, which means that if an employer tells dirty jokes to an employee 6 times, and that person registers a complaint, that's six separate instances of sexual assault in their reported statistics and many things that would not be counted as rape in most other countries, are. They also leave the designation applied at reporting permanently, even if the charges are later reduced.

Then last year, Fox ran a piece on the number of unemployed young Muslim men, and tied in the "increase" in reports of rape/sexual assault over ten years earlier. Within 24 hours, Trump tweeted about the "rape problem in Sweden," despite them having a lower incidence of things that we'd call "rape" than most countries. His supporters, along with those who just like chaos, or aren't very smart, have flooded the internet with raw numbers that look really bad. Much of the world now honestly believes that Sweden has a (actually non-existent) rape problem.

SoggyShorts

Within 24 hours, Trump tweeted
Was he sleeping or golfing? What took so long?Normally the leader of the free world is much quicker to tweet verbatim what his circle of advisors* tell him.
*Fox and Friends in the morning

I feel bad for having linked an article on something a lot less serious(and to a significantly smaller audience), and retracted it as soon as I found out it was erroneous. It's also made me reconsider ever linking an article without further thorough research. What I need to do now is have a new scandal every day for a few weeks so that everyone forgets about it.
if an employer tells dirty jokes to an employee 6 times, and that person registers a complaint, that's six separate instances of sexual assault
Does it work with an audience? If you tell a dirty joke to a room full of people who each file a complaint, is that 50 instances of sexual assault? If so, what's the record? Has someone told a dirty joke on TV in Sweden yet? I'd bet it would be hard to find a new job if you had to disclose that you'd been charged with 132,986 instances of assault....
Fox ran a piece on the number of unemployed young Muslim men, and tied in the "increase" in reports of rape/sexual assault over ten years earlier.
Always trust statistics as well as reported cause and effects. Since the increase in the number of unemployed Muslim men in Sweden my brother has been involved in 2 car accidents for a total of 3 in his life. Therefore we can say that unemployed Muslims in Sweden cause a massive increase in car accidents in western Canada.o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.