• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ranking

DeletedUser2392

I started a fellowship. How does one decide on who gets appointed to ambassador status? I know what an ambassador is but how should I go about handing out promotions? I have one Mage, and we thought maybe the top 10 players should get promoted to ambassadors. But the more we grow the more unfair that seems. Not everyone contributes equally or as active as lower ranked players.

DeletedUser

That's individual to each fellowship, so you'll have to decide where you're comfortable. In my fellowship, we confer "Ambassador" status to anyone who is interested in helping us recruit. So you can be a great player, but if you don't want the extra responsibility, you don't have to. Good luck!

DeletedUser594

They should have ranks and powers seperated so that you can give rank to acknowledge whatever you chose while being able to assign the powers (recruiting, expelling etc)...to those actually engaged in that process.
We chose to just not tie the title to any sort of ranking system- if one was actively involved in various aspects of fellowship maintenance then we gave the title to open the privileges- it would be really nice though to have more flexibility.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I started a fellowship. How does one decide on who gets appointed to ambassador status? I know what an ambassador is but how should I go about handing out promotions? I have one Mage, and we thought maybe the top 10 players should get promoted to ambassadors. But the more we grow the more unfair that seems. Not everyone contributes equally or as active as lower ranked players.

Everyone handles this differently!

I belonged to one crazy fellowship where the ArchMage made you a Mage if your advanced your score more than a certain amount in 5 days. Then he would demote you to Fellow if you weren't playing often enough.
He had 25 Mages in his group - none of whom were allowed to do anything because he ran the show himself!
Loony Tunes!!
:)

In my Fellowship I promote everyone to Ambassador after they show that they are committed to the fellowship - usually within a day or two.
I only have a few Mages who help out with Admin, bounce poicy decisions around with me, and keep the boat afloat by answering queries and solving crises in the hours when I am asleep.

I agree with Varron - there is no point in giving powers to someone who is not allowed to use them!
But giving someone a title like Ambassador is a nice way to reward them for being a good team player...

DeletedUser2463

I am in a fellowship in Arendyl that used to promote everyone to mage status, and it was self governing (until we had some issues of newer players accepting invites from really new players, the archmage just wanted spots filled at first, but then a few of us higher ranking players kind of took over the fellowship lead. This fellowship I am in here, I was left as the Archmage a month or so ago - i left the ones that already had mage or ambassador status, and after a week i moved someone up to ambassador to help recruit as they were almost always online and were a big help to the group.