• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ratios?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Whoever it was that implied I would offer generous trades in order to "undercut" my neighbors.
That sort of thinking says more about you than me.
Amen.

I never have the slightest bit of trouble getting my 3 star trades taken. And I never fail to take my neighbors' 3 star trades for anything, or 2 star if I need the items.

When I really need something, it's always 3 star. When I trade for balance or nonessentials, it may be 2 star. My neighbors know that, so if they see three stars they snap them up, knowing I may need the items. It works out great for me since I only offer 3 stars on boosts, and I'm still making tons of goods.

The only thing you don't want to do, Fierce, is to offer one star or zero star trades. Getting a reputation in the neighborhood for unfair trades will hurt you down the road when you really need your neighbors' help. I've had people tell me that they won't accept a 2 star from someone because that person has always "gouged" in the past and they just won't deal with them.

I'm not advocating 3 star or 2. Just give either and see how it works in your particular neighborhood and fellowship. Adapt to your surroundings. Try 2 star first and see if they get taken within 2-3 hours. If not, switch to 3 star and see how it goes. Good luck.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Something to remember is that trades within the same star rating are listed from largest to smallest, so if you can only post small trades, under 1000 goods, adding an extra 5 or 10 to your offer to make it a 3-star will make it get noticed sooner and taken more quickly. I don't look at my Trader every day, but when I do go through all the trades, I am always surprised to see small 2-star trades that have just sat there for a couple of days with no one taking them. Too many players seem to only think about themselves when they use the Trader and don't look to see who they can help instead.

defiantoneks

Something to remember is that trades within the same star rating are listed from largest to smallest, so if you can only post small trades, under 1000 goods, adding an extra 5 or 10 to your offer to make it a 3-star will make it get noticed sooner and taken more quickly. I don't look at my Trader every day, but when I do go through all the trades, I am always surprised to see small 2-star trades that have just sat there for a couple of days with no one taking them. Too many players seem to only think about themselves when they use the Trader and don't look to see who they can help instead.
true enough. however there are also peeps like me who click the fellowship button to sort, and prioritize those. i may not look at trades for myself, but i will click that real quick and see if any of my team need something. then exit. i dont necessarily spend a lot of time looking to help anyone/everyone (while that's fine if you do, just saying, the FS should be there for anyone first and foremost, IMO)

Genefer

Yes, we do not want any predation within the Elvenar Market - it is hard enough to trade with the extreme imbalance of T2 goods relative to T1 & T3 and scrolls within the T2.

Due to my lack of neighbors in general and those I do have all need Scrolls as well; I have turned to the wholesaler for my standard goods. I buy far more non-boost from the wholesaler than I can produce with my factories. The Blooming Trader Guild Ancient Wonder turns the wholesaler into a huge advantage.

Example:

Wholesale Purchases beginning on 2/26/2023 at 3pm and ending on 2/27/2023 at 3pm

T1 - 956,800 with supplies + 220,800 with coins = total - 1,177,600 units

T2 - 634,400 with supplies + 146,400 with coins = total - 780,800 units

T3 - 426,400 with supplies + 98,400 with coins = total - 524,800 units

That is my record high and only possible because my culture bonus value ranged from 610% to 660% over the 24hrs and I didn't go to bed lol. Typically, I make 28 purchases per tier daily.

T1 - 1,030,000
T2 - 683,200
T3 - 459,200

Compare to my city's factory productions.

My 4 - Level 31 Marble factories Enchanted, 4 Level 27 Silk Enchanted, & 4 level 27 Gems Enchanted - with my Elvenar Trade Center the Enchantment duration is 20 hrs. & 48 minutes with the effect value of 80%. 4 Level 27 Silk not Enchanted.

Each Factory had a 9hr & 5 x 3hr collections.

T1 - 320,785 units
T2 - 363,377 units
T3 - 243,160 units

I only enchant my factories once weekly.

90% of my trade offers are non-boost for boosted goods.

So, with the Blooming Trader we can remove the "" from Wholesaler :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I make sure to get the first trade in each of the sentient categories every day. Since my BTG is maxed out on the wholesaler (level 30), the first sentient trade is always 2 star and even. I buy them even if I don't need the items, because all three of my sentient boosts suck and there's always a glut of them in the trader. By getting that first trade on each every day, I can keep myself and my team members stocked in the rarer items.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I choose the even trade. I think if you can afford to undercut your neighbors you probably don't need my help. If you're just doing it to be generous, I prefer to leave it for the players who actually need your help.

And there we have it. Both trades, the 10,000 for 10.000 and the 10,500 for 10,000 are possible and both are valued not on the numbers so much as the goals and desires of the players. Proving, once again, that value resides in the seller and purchaser and not in some formula created by the devs, and sometimes "enforced" by players in their actions and attitudes. Value what you value at what you value it, and be slow to judge others for valuing it differently.

AJ

GorgeousM18657

I have only been playing a few weeks. I used the trader a bunch of times to get stuff and never really knew anything about the star rating. To me I looked for what I needed and if I had what they were asking for. I didn't really care as long as I was getting what I need. I don't recall seeing any 3 star trades. I have seen a couple 2 star trades but generally for stuff I don't have what they want. The majority of the stuff in the trader are 0 star and 1 star trades pretty much every day.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I have only been playing a few weeks. I used the trader a bunch of times to get stuff and never really knew anything about the star rating. To me I looked for what I needed and if I had what they were asking for. I didn't really care as long as I was getting what I need. I don't recall seeing any 3 star trades. I have seen a couple 2 star trades but generally for stuff I don't have what they want. The majority of the stuff in the trader are 0 star and 1 star trades pretty much every day.

being new you'll be seeing a lot of one star for a while because you don't have many neighbors
this is one way a good fellowship can help

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@GorgeousM18657
The little Exclamation Point, usually means that there is a trader fee. You can easily avoid those trades by clicking the "No Fee" filter on the bottom left.

[MOD EDIT] Please repost pic without player names

Last edited by a moderator: