• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Re-Arranging City

• Thread starter DeletedUser2251
  • Start date

DeletedUser2251

I know that the game does not allow for building footprint rotation. There is another game that I play that has a temporary storage just in order to change the layout. The storage does not allow one to close out with any previously placed buildings or items in it. It would just enable us to store and then place our buildings back in a new configuration without having to sell off culture buildings that we either won in previous events or paid for with diamonds. A lot of players have become frustrated with the game and quit for various reasons. One of the biggest complaints I hear is the lack of ability to rearrange cities without either spending diamonds for new land or selling off buildings especially with the guest races and their particular needs. Just a thought.

DeletedUser5186

I agree, it is frustrating as you advance and the building directional layout changes an you have no room. Should be some kind of layout reset for this.

DeletedUser3297

It's always a good idea to have a few extra expansions laying around just for this. I have 6 empty expansions that I use for a variety of reasons. Right now, they are full of level 1 workshops, etc. to speed me through the next Winter Flurry event. After that, they will be empty again. Although, these are the expansions that I will eventually start putting guest race stuff on. But by the time I get to my first settlement, I will have another 4 empty expansions :)

It's not about having the largest city and making the most stuff. It's how you use your stuff you already have to your advantage. To get through the entire game, you don't need more than 3 of each maxed out boosted goods manufactory and I am doing just fine with only 2 of each :)

DeletedUser5186

Great idea and suggestion. Still will need sell off to make it work this time around though.

DeletedUser4310

Great suggestion, actually one I was gonna make. Would love to be able to rearrange my town's layout by placing buildings in temporary storage to shuffle buildings around. I am not at a level where I can just have 4 or more expansions just laying around empty. Why not allow the gift building storage a few slots for current buildings on a temporary basis or add a new storage section, even if it means having to research for it around level 2 or 3?

DeletedUser3297

What's the point of a city builder game if you can just re-arrange your city on a whim?

You all need to come up with a strategic plan that has accounted for leveling buildings and size changes.

If you want to complain about not having enough space, you are playing the game wrong...

DeletedUser4310

well shucks, wasn't aware that changing my mind on how I want my city layout to be was the wrong way to play.. didn't even realize there is a right or wrong way to play. Still, I think it would be a nice addition, and if anyone didn't wanna use it, they wouldn't have to. Similar games I've played allowed for the ability to store and move your city around. Perhaps its unrealistic to assume everyone has a grand plan for their city from the get-go. Now that I've been playing a while I realize my city is a bit inefficient, all I'm saying is, it would be nice to have that option .. use it or not, your choice.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
100% not going to happen I'm afraid. The developers have stated that the puzzle aspect of re-arranging buildings as they upgrade and change in shape/size is a core aspect of the game and will not be altered. Likewise there will be no building swap or storage feature.