• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalance FA way-points

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This was something that bothered me last FA. It continues to bother me this FA. - Since the rebalancing on badges, both how much is needed to make one and how many are needed on the map, there are waypoints on map 3 that just do not make any mathematical sense to actually complete. Its mathmatically better to jsut kip them and go to the pit because the amounts needed are jsut to outrageous for '300 points'.

FA 300 point waste_01.jpg

In this picture you can see the values for the 3rd circle on the green path in map 3. (78 coins, 62 kp, 31 bs)
Especially with the changes to the coin badge, making them harder to make, it has become where completing the waypoint is simply a waste of badges. Its to many badges for a reward of 300 point. Its more beneficial to skip that waypoint entirely. Honestly, even tho the waypoint after it will remained locked as a result of skipping it... its still beneficial to skip. - The pit was supposed to be a way to use up extra badges and give ppl something to do until the fa ends. It was not supposed to be a better point value then the main maps. But since the rebalancing, that is what it has become.

Last FA my FS completed all of map 1 and 2, and completed all of map 3 except for this waypoint and the one after it since it was locked. It simply wasnt worth it. I had honestly forgot about it tho until this fa when the same one was back. Its highly irritating to have a waypoint thats actually a waste. And iv heard many other ppl talking about this in regards to other waypoints on map 3.

I really feel you should examine the numbers/balancing of map 3 in the FA (and/or badge production numbers) to make the cost/reward ratio more even. Its not good where the best stratagy is to skip parts of the event.
(And iv been doing every fa for the last 6 some years. Back before any UI changes when it was a real grind. So im not jsut complaining for 'easier'. I honestly feel the balancing is off.)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We've always skipped the 300 point waypoints in stage 3. Well, we actually stop and consider if they are worth it, then skip almost all of them except the ones we have to do to get to the pit. I really thought that's what everybody was doing.

AJ

Veronique Valiant

The programmers for the FA are clearly sadists. The coins situation is unforgiveable really. Now if Elvenar wasn't so cheap with the FA rewards... then MAYBE it would make sense. My FA finished at spot #30... and we got this dorky statue that was worth 350 culture. REALLY???????? What is wrong with you people? I hate these FAs... really. I don't see the purpose of it... other than to wreck our cities, waste our time, and cause a bunch of stress for nothing! Last time, we made it to #20 and got some nonsense then too... I think we got a carting library (woohoo lol yeah right)... and something else that was a small trinket! Honestly... how cheap can you be elvenar?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We've always skipped the 300 point waypoints in stage 3. Well, we actually stop and consider if they are worth it, then skip almost all of them except the ones we have to do to get to the pit. I really thought that's what everybody was doing.

My Beta fellowship, with 19 active members at the time of the last FA, completed all three paths on stages one and two, but only one path and all tri-colors on stage three, before going into the Pit. We finished in 4th place by doing that. None of the regular spots on the other two paths were worth the badges to us, as the same amount of badges would get so many more points in the Pit.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
yea, its messed up if the pit has become a better value then the main maps...

The Pit has always been a better value than the regular spots on stage three. What matters is whether your fellowship is making so many badges that there are enough to do all paths and still not run short in the Pit Completing all nine paths and getting into the Pit on the first or second day is pretty common for the top fellowships, so they make more than enough badges to not skip anything and still compete for the top spot. But for a team shooting for top 20, or even top 10, but not top 3, the Pit is always better than burning time and badges on stage three normal spots not on your main path.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
the Pit is always better than burning time and badges on stage three normal spots not on your main path.
and i think thats a problem. The pit should be an extra or an after. It shouldnt be a better value then the main maps. It shouldn't be more point efficient to skip the main map. - Now whether they adjsuted the badges needed on map 3, adjsuted the point amount for the way point, adjsut pit point value.... There are several options to look in to. And im not trying to tell them which one to do.. mearly that something should be altered to make the point/effort value more even between map3 and pit.

I agree with it all!! lolol, yes the old FA had some on stage 3 that had the badges worth more in the pit but it wasnt in the amounts that are now. This revamp as not been fun for my FS's. We may not have placed in the top 10 but at least we were closer to it than now. also agree that the rewards are not good enough either. i would like to suggest a 3x3 good population or supply.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Hint: Not all badges are created equal so don't count them as equals.

I had 2 cities win FAs, 1 that took it easy and came in 12th, and one that tried really hard and finished in the high 200s. In the city that took it easy, we still did all 3 stages and most of the checkpoints on stage 3. We walked away with 160k XP points, which is the equivalent of 40 tourney chests in a week's work. We'll happily take it. We're not a top 50 FS. We're barely a top 100 FS. Keeping our overall FS level comparably high compared to the other top 10 FS allows us to attract quality recruits. It shows we may be small, but we can get a lot done.

Last edited: