• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Receiving Quests that are too advanced

DeletedUser2479

I've been receiving quests that are too advanced for me, and that I won't be able to complete for a very long time. I hate to decline, because the Quest says "Do you really want to decline? This cannot be reversed." I'm afraid if I decline them I will just get quests that are further & further away from my level.

I'm only on the "Evolving" Section and have a long way to go. The current Quest is: Produce 1 Mage Journal. I don't have any idea what a mage is, nor what a Journal is.

A previous Quest I wrote to support because I didn't have any idea what I was being asked to do. This is the reply I received: "This quest is asking to upgrade a boosted manufactory to level 5 or higher, this could be tier one, two, or three boosted goods." What is a boosted manufactory? What is teir one, two, and three boosted goods?

Would appreciate any help/input

DeletedUser61

The "cannot be reversed" is a misnomer. If you decline all of the available quests, Voila! Deja vu all over again.
  • Mainline (non-declinable) quests often "encourage" you to finish a box or two in your Tech Tree
  • Sideline (declinable) quests are usually triggered by unlocking a (sort of) related technology.
I'd suggest that the developers just borrowed a questing engine from one of the other InnoGames platform, and threw it into Elvenar without carefully thinking about the consequences for a City Builder, and now we're reaping the whirlwind. The developers still have a LOT of work to do before the quests are smoothly integrated into the Elvenar experience.

For now I almost dread seeing new quests, because they so often don't make much sense.
What is a boosted manufactory? What is teir one, two, and three boosted goods?
If you click on your Main Hall, and select the Relics tab, you'll see that there are three groups of Relics, and you'll have a "favored" benefit from one Relic in each group.

If you go to the World Map, your boosted (favored) Relics will be adjacent to your city.
  • Southwest
  • Southeast
  • double Southeast (which is always the same a North)
The way the map is laid out, if you look at an 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock diagonal, every third sector will be of the same relic type, and you're never more than 4.5 sectors away from another Relic sector of any given type.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2479

If you click on your Main Hall, and select the Relics tab, you'll see that there are three groups of Relics, and you'll have a "favored" benefit from one Relic in each group.

If you go to the World Map, your boosted (favored) Relics will be adjacent to your city.
  • Southwest
  • Southeast
The way the map is laid out, if you look at an 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock diagonal, every third sector will be of the same relic type, and you're never more than 4.5 sectors away from another Relic sector of any given type.

Thank you for such an informative response! I would be very grateful if you could answer a couple more questions.
I did what you suggested, and I clicked on the relics tab. It says my boost is in steel, "next upgrade: 4"
1) What is a "magical boosted" manufactury? I guess my boost is in steel, but it doesn't say it is magical. Is this something I will earn at a later time?
2) The current Quest is: Produce 1 Mage Journal. I don't have any idea what that is. When quests of this type appear, is it ok to decline them? Will they return? Will it harm my progress in any way? I hate to decline it because it's a huge reward of 60,000 coin. I tried looking ahead & don't see anything that even mentions mage or journal in the research area. So would you recommend just passing it for now?

DeletedUser61

1) What is a "magical boosted" manufactury? I guess my boost is in steel, but it doesn't say it is magical.
"Goods are grouped into three qualities: Basic Goods, Crafted Goods and Magical Goods." So it just means Tier3 goods.
See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Trader

Produce 1 Mage Journal. I don't have any idea what that is
Mage Journal is just a term of the art for the 1 day cycle in a Scrolls manufacturing building.
See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Scrolls_Manufactory#Purpose

DeletedUser2479

Thank you. Wow, I'm sorry, I'm feeling extremely dumb right now because I can't seem to grasp the concept of a "magically boosted" good.

My specific quest was: upgrade a magical boosted manufacturing building to level 5 or higher.
The response from support was: "This quest is asking to upgrade a boosted manufactory to level 5 or higher, this could be tier one, two, or three boosted goods."
So, if a magical good is just tier 3 goods, then how could it be tier one or two as support mentioned?

I'm very confused. I read the entire page you directed me to, but nothing really defines what a magically boosted item is.
Perhaps examples of basic good, crafted good, and magically boosted manufactory good would help.

I've attached a picture of my "relics" tab (from main hall). Do I have capacity to craft magically boosted goods?
Is a basic good, supplies? Is crafted goods anything I make? (I.e., my manufacturing buildings craft the planks).

Can anyone help me figure out how to magically boost something? I thought it must be something to do with the Magic Academy because that is the only place I see "magic" being used. I can craft Power of Provision spell on my workshops, but don't have a spell to craft on my manufacturing buildings. Maybe I'm confusing the term "magic" with how I boost production in my workshops (by using the spell I've created in the Magic Academy).

Attachments

• relic page.JPG
    relic page.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115

Hi Allorah -

Your accounts boosts are as followed: steel, scrolls, and magic dust. All three of these goods are boosted for you, whenever you gain the required technology.

If you have not unlocked or placed a tier two (scrolls) or three (magic dust) manufactory in your city, then you will simply just need to upgrade a tier one (steel) manufactory to level five or higher.

There is not a quest in the game that specifically asks for "magical" manufactory to be upgraded, these quests will be using the specific term (Magic Dust) when referring to building/upgrading. **Well, there could be...but this one isn't. ;)**

The quest will complete after completing a boosted manufactory to level five or higher. I would recommend upgrading your steel manufactory to level five or higher if you are not quite ready for scrolls or magic dust.

I hope this helps! :)

DeletedUser61

As I recall that type of quest, it's simply asking you to upgrade a boosted building. So give Steel a shot, upgrade it to level 5. If it works then we're done.

Even in contemporary language, "Magical" is an artfully vague word, so I wouldn't expect anything different of Elvenar.

DeletedUser3983

The "cannot be reversed" is a misnomer. If you decline all of the available quests, Voila! Deja vu all over again.
  • Mainline (non-declinable) quests often "encourage" you to finish a box or two in your Tech Tree
  • Sideline (declinable) quests are usually triggered by unlocking a (sort of) related technology.
I'd suggest that the developers just borrowed a questing engine from one of the other InnoGames platform, and threw it into Elvenar without carefully thinking about the consequences for a City Builder, and now we're reaping the whirlwind. The developers still have a LOT of work to do before the quests are smoothly integrated into the Elvenar experience.

For now I almost dread seeing new quests, because they so often don't make much sense.

• Southwest
  • Southeast
This just saved me from pulling my hair out!! Thank you!! i could not for the life of me figure out why some goods were getting boosted and others not. I'm relatively new to this game...and this type of game. Just wanted to say thank you again for the good info

DeletedUser3312

There are some wonderful resources for learning the game on the Wiki and from seasoned players like BobbyKitty, Makan, and Katwijk to name a few. And never hesitate to ask. That is why many of us are here. To help out new players.

DeletedUser2768

A lot of these questions have already been answered, but I wanted to chime in with my two cents, and compile them into one spot.

Q: What is a boosted manufactory?
A: It is the one factory at each level that will give you extra productions, or more bang for your buck. It is best, space wise, to only build your boosted goods.

Q: What is Tier 1, 2, 3?
A: Tier 1 (Basic): Marble, Steel, Planks
Tier 2 (Crafted): Crystal, Scrolls, Silk
Tier 3 (Magical): Elixir, Magic Dust, Gems

Q: What is a "magical boosted" manufactury?
A: It is a tier 3 factory.

Q: Is this something I will earn at a later time?
A: Yes. As you progress through the research tree, you'll unlock all kinds of things. Some you'll find useful, some you won't.

Q: The current Quest is: Produce 1 Mage Journal. I don't have any idea what that is.
A: It's a scrolls production quest. I don't really pay attention to what each time set is called, but they all have a different name.

Q: When quests of this type appear, is it ok to decline them?
A: Yes

Q: Will they return?
A: Yes

Q: Will it harm my progress in any way?
A: No

Q: So would you recommend just passing it for now?
A: You can, or you can sit on it until you get a scrolls factory and complete the quest.

Q: I've attached a picture of my "relics" tab (from main hall). Do I have capacity to craft magically boosted goods?
A: Not yet. You've unlocked your Steel factories, but your Scrolls (Tier 2 boost) and your Dust (Tier 3 boost) haven't been researched and unlocked yet. You SHOULD be able to see them in your research tree.

Q: Is a basic good, supplies?
A: No. Supplies are different from Basic Goods.

Q: Is crafted goods anything I make?
A: No. Crafted goods are Tier 2 goods.

Q: Can anyone help me figure out how to magically boost something?
A: Go to your city. Look on the bottom where you see the globe icon (world map), scales icon (trader), and all of those. You should see one with a bag. Click on the bag. You SHOULD have some icons on this screen.
An orange crate=magically boost your factories
Blue crossed tools=magically boost your workshops
purple handshake=magically boost your culture buildings
gold book=magically boost your KP storage limit

All of these have a time limit on them.

vermp

"Q: The current Quest is: Produce 1 Mage Journal. I don't have any idea what that is.
A: It's a scrolls production quest. I don't really pay attention to what each time set is called, but they all have a different name."

- What is a "scrolls production quest?"
Thanks.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Your have a scroll manufactory. There are four different production runs you can start. 3 hour, 9 hour, 24 hour, and 48 hour. One of those will produce "Mage Journal"

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Must quests in Eldrasil's Ascending be completed in order?
Yes. There are two series, one main series that advances as fast as you complete it and one that appears one day at a time. You don't have to finish them every day, but you can't do the next one until you finish the previous ones. there is no "cancel" option in the events, and they do not scroll back through.

That said, you can (if you find the list) prepare many of them ahead of time. You just can't actually collect the results until the quest is active.

Eldenisa Tiege

Yes. There are two series, one main series that advances as fast as you complete it and one that appears one day at a time. You don't have to finish them every day, but you can't do the next one until you finish the previous ones. there is no "cancel" option in the events, and they do not scroll back through.

That said, you can (if you find the list) prepare many of them ahead of time. You just can't actually collect the results until the quest is active.

Thank you Ashrem.

Eldenisa Tiege

I found not collecting the "work" done before the quest called for it to be quite a challenge. I have dedicated an area just for those buildings that I can foresee needing and setting them up for the next quests. Hopefully, that will help. Meanwhile I can run my city, lol!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member

I found not collecting the "work" done before the quest called for it to be quite a challenge. I have dedicated an area just for those buildings that I can foresee needing and setting them up for the next quests. Hopefully, that will help. Meanwhile I can run my city, lol!
If you have that space set up at the edge, once the production has completed, just disconnect a road square(stick it off to the side somewhere). The buildings will have the red circle over them and you can't collect by accident! When the quest comes up, put the road back and collect away...

SilverbugLuxor

are there any levels after 91 .. that's all i see on their webpage ?

Also the last few days of the daily buildings are blank