• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recruiting harder?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I have been, as of the last year or so, having a harder time recruiting. Before, if I had a opening, I could just wait and in a few weeks somebody would show up. Somebody qualified and active. So I did only a little recruiting and when I did I could usually get somebody in a few days at most. But then things changed, and here's my idea as to why.

When we had the Great Migration a year or so ago, many players who were in bad neighborhoods, moved to good ones. That meant the fellowship they were in didn't quite have to do as much to support them as they had an increase of active traders in their neighborhood. Hence, I suspect there is less movement between fellowships since there is less need for a strong fellowship.

What do you think? Did the Great Migration make recruiting harder?

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I haven't had a big problem with recruiting, so it may be world-specific. I'm very pro-active and seek out members who need to be rescued from their fellowships. I'm not talking about poaching someone from a struggling but basically good fellowship. Anyone can have a few black triangles and if the archmage is trying, I won't touch them. I'm talking about rescuing from fellowships that clearly have no business dragging their only decent member down with them. I found one of those a few months ago ... 19 or 20 members in the fellowship and all but two with black triangles. AM AWOL too. The player I snagged had just stumbled into the fellowship recently. He was the only one playing tourney in like a one-chest fellowship. He is much, much happier now, and told me that if I hadn't found him, he was planning to quit because he just didn't feel like he was getting anywhere. How would that have helped anyone? In my opinion, that's not poaching. That's rescuing a person who would have left anyway.

Some newer players have no idea what a GOOD fellowship looks like, and so they stay with their dismal one until they give up. You sometimes have to tell them that they can get a lot more out of their game play in a fellowship where they can get blueprints, diamonds, and more. That player has done phenomenally well in my fellowship, and I feel very lucky to have him. I don't mind taking on newer players as long as they have good potential. I've got another one like that, too. He started in June with about 12K points. he's now close to 80K and sitting at the top of the spire as we speak. I've been lucky; so far I never have to worry. If I lose one or two, I make them up within a week or two at the most. We just had another come in yesterday, and she sounds like she's going to be fantastic.

Good luck to you in your recruiting efforts.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I think it might be a post pandemic issue. During all the lockdowns in 2020, a lot of people had lots of extra free time on their hands. Elvenar gained a lot of players during this period. So during 2020 recruiting was easier due to all the new players. And it would have carried over somewhat into 2021. But now everything is back to normal. We got used to the easy recruiting due to the pandemic. Therefore a return to the normal baseline seems harder.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
It’s been slow , but we just got a new member yesterday, so they are out there. Through the years I’ve noticed
from Oct thru Dec it’s a lot slower. I attribute it to the holidays . Christmas is 6 weeks away …. people are busy with Holiday stuff .
After Christmas thru mid January it picks up.
Goodluck AJ~