• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reduce merchant time/rework ascended requirements (18, 19, 20)

Reason: If you are lucky and in chapter 18 and have ingots, you are golden.
If you are lucky and in chapter 19 and have minerals and/or powder, you are golden

If you have 'undesireable' boosts, the current merchant system forces extra months and coins (or diamonds) to get the goods you need to get through the chapter. Time for chapter completion is at least double when you have to wait 5 hours for goods because most log in on 3-hour rotations (or 6 or 9, but nothing divisible by 5).

My trader on land A has 13 pages offering wax, a few lines offering minerals (depending on time and day) and the phenomenon is duplicated on other lands. Most of those mineral offerings request powder. Both level 2 and level 3 breeders require powder.

Reassigning which ascendeds are needed so that there is balance that reflects current players who are anywhere near -- or are in -- ascended chapters seems the most helpful solution, but I would love to hear what others recommend. At the very least, stagger the boosteds required.

I can see no cons to changing the system other than this: those who have already suffered have no recourse. There was an after-release change with requirements for AWs at the end of chapter 18. I had to do it the hard way. I am happy for those who won't have to!

Last edited:
"we need that vote feature to be at your discretion, I think."

I am sorry, I do not understand what that means! Do you want me to remove the vote? Thank you.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Sorry Patty your idea is not ready for a vote yet, no one has debated it.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@pattyelvenar before we put ideas to a vote we allow some time for the community to discuss them and help with any changes that might be necessary to make them more successful. When you've cemented the idea and are ready for the vote you should first edit your initial post with any changes and then @ me and I'll add the poll for you. I'd also recommend reading the pinned post about suggestion forwarding so you know how it works. I look forward to hearing from you when your idea is ready for voting!

*edited for typos

Last edited:

Palavyn

I feel your pain. With planks, silk, and dust, I've been screwed over by boosts at every step. I had to compete with moonstone library production undercutting the value of my production and then with huge ingot and wax surpluses on my server. But once you get everything upgraded you can coast. I can't think of a good way to remedy the situation. Merchant is 6 hours on my server.