• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reduce the amount we have to scroll around the map

Palavyn

The Autumn Zodiac event is almost over, and I've got pain in my hand, arm, and shoulder. Scrolling around the map looking for the ground spawns is a major contributing factor. The action of holding the click-button down on the mouse while simultaneously moving it around wreaks havoc. I've got the map zoomed out about as far as I can, but still takes a good while to get around the perimeter. Is there anything that can be done to reduce how much we have to scroll around the map? I'd greatly appreciate it and will make in-game purchases again if this issue were to be seriously addressed. I realize that most others don't have an issue with this and love to scroll around the map, but it's by far the most annoying aspect of the game for me.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Do you have both the in-game zoomed out, and the browser (ctrl+scroll down) zoomed out? At 33% page zoom I can see the whole map, and still identify the keys and click on them.
33PercentPageZoom.JPG

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
most others don't have an issue with this and love to scroll around the map, but it's by far the most annoying aspect of the game for me.

I think it's annoying to more players than you know! I know players who just don't bother trying to keep up with the drops. They'll just sweep for them once/twice a day and be done. They recognize it's inefficient, but it's sufficiently annoying to them to just not do it.
There was an idea that was never shepherded through for a vote, though it seemed very popular in the few responses it got. That thread was archived here.
It would at least eliminate scrolling around for event currency when there's none to be found. And, since we know the outskirts only hold up to 6 drops, once the counter is at five, we can sweep the city once and know we don't have to do it again for a few hrs.
Problem is, for whatever reason, that poster didn't see the idea through the whole process, so it just gets archived after awhile. What we need is someone to present the idea in the required format (found in the Guide for this forum) and follow it through to a vote.

Palavyn

Do you have both the in-game zoomed out, and the browser (ctrl+scroll down) zoomed out? At 33% page zoom I can see the whole map, and still identify the keys and click on them.
I don't know what setup you're running, but I just tried it on 3 different computers with a variety of browsers and it does NOT work. At 33% resolution, I can see all of them. However, when I click on them nothing happens!

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Palavyn I use Opera, and just tested again, still loads the city. It's not my default setting, I'm more comfortable at 67% or 75%, but it does work, though city screen is very small and a bit hard to read.

Palavyn

@Palavyn I use Opera, and just tested again, still loads the city. It's not my default setting, I'm more comfortable at 67% or 75%, but it does work, though city screen is very small and a bit hard to read.
Seems you misunderstood me. I can load it to 33% resolution just fine. But when I click on the event currency usually nothing happens.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Palavyn Ah, I see. I had to wait to test it, but you are correct, that is an error. I am also not able to claim the event items at the edge of the map at 33% zoom, though I am able to claim mana from my buildings for example.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Using Firefox and reducing it to 33% and collecting works here. Perhaps the icon becomes so small in some browsers the user isn't hitting the center? Just a slim possibility, but it would explain it. I'll try some other browsers and see.

Also, I use CTRL+ the minus sign to shrink and CTRL+ the plus sign to grow my browser screen.

MS Edge- Works
MS Explorer - Works
Chrome - Works
Opera - Works

AJ

Last edited:

Palavyn

I figured it out. If you just zoom in, then you can collect. But if you zoom in and then scroll the mouse wheel back (without pressing ctrl), you can't collect.

At any rate, I keep it at about 70%-75% and so zooming in to 33% to collect and then zooming back out is about as bad as dragging the map around.