• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 0.27

DeletedUser627

I'm not inclined to let a few very competent, very articulate players have it all their way.
Until they burn out.
There are a great many of us who view click fests as an obvious flaw in the game design.

Perhaps it is a flaw. Perhaps Inno should have thought ahead and limited their target market to players whose sole desire is to log in for a few minutes and then go away and do something else (where there's actually a game to play, perhaps). Perhaps I too would have found such a game intriguing and popped in for a few minutes here and there to build and fight. But I certainly wouldn't have spent any money on a game that can't be played at will.

However, Inno not only introduced the "flaw", they didn't eliminate it in Beta. They released it to players without disclaimer. They featured declinable quests, and even in their latest release, set up introductory play so that it's possible to start a new Elvenar city and play uninterruptedly for at least 3 hours without paying a dime. They continue to market and represent this game as though it could be played at will.

Inno designed the declinable concept, introduced it, encouraged it, and more importantly, never informed players that they intended to close down the few features that allow for active play. They encouraged me, and many others, to spend money on a game which they have subsequently changed so drastically that we can't play it as purchased.

My comments aren't about some theoretical game design question. It's not about what Elvenar should or shouldn't be. It's about me and the other players who have paid to play a game. I'm sitting here today, having spent a large amount of money to have a city to play...and there's literally not one thing to play. This is straight up the developers responsibility. I paid under a very clear set of expectations - however "flawed" they might be in your opinion. I want my game back. Or my money back.

DeletedUser

Wow. I've finally had some time to look at the changes that have been made and I'm ... I don't know... in shock, I guess. I cannot for the life of me figure out what you developers were thinking. Did you not think that these changes would alienate the bulk of your players - especially those of us that spend small fortunes on this game.
I obviously won't count Katwijk amongst this group as this person is merely a cliche' spouting troll and until something actually useful comes from that account then I have no further use for this person.
You have brought this game to a screeching halt with your nerfing of the quest system and I would implore you to reconsider this disastrous move before you lose the loyalty and financial contributions of a large majority of us that have come to love this game. This is NO LONGER the game for which I signed up all those many months ago. Disappointed, folks. Very, very disappointed.

DeletedUser1061

Know what gets me the most? I almost spent money today because I saw a 30% more diamonds but had I went for it I would be extra mad right now. Did anyone happen to notice that these "diamond extra sales" you must choose before you can see the damage that Inno did to your playstyle? If you say no you can't come back and say yes as you can in FoE (for instance). It is almost as if they are trying to sneak sells in before you actually get a chance to feel their aftermath. Now that *does* make me mad and is akin to a shady used car salesman if you ask me.

DeletedUser61

Plus, those that have spent a lot of money are FURIOUS. If they keep messing with the paying customers, even if they fix things those people will stop spending ever again.
You make my point very nicely. It's called burnout.

DeletedUser1115

I am a player who has worked hard, with and before my fellowship, to be in the top 100 players. These new changes are crippling our ability to play. Katwijk, reading through your posts, it is easy to see that you are a bully and a troll, dismissing any opinion that dares to differ from your own obviously biased opinions. Y0u speak condescendingly to people who are making logical points, by repeatedly stating quotes that don't apply to the issue at hand. You like to quote other people instead of mustering up a logical rebuttal? Here's a quote, “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It's a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.”
Zack W. Van
Inno, you will lose many of your loyal players if you can't take into consideration the needs of the players. There are many game developers who are willing to pick up all of your lost players. This is our forum to communicate our needs to you, without having to deal with combative trolls. (There's your next guest race. Katwijk can help you out, since he seems so willing to swallow every crumb you to deign to give him.) But please understand that there are far more of us unhappy about the changes, than their are happy with them.

DeletedUser61

I have a sneaking suspicion that repeatable quests are going to get nerfed in a future update...
OhNo.jpg
I would refer you to the above message, from the end of July.

You can't hardly claim that you're surprised.

DeletedUser

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 0.27.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
The zoom is awful, makes me dizzy. Why does it open zoomed in so close and then when you scroll out it scrolls out and then immediately back in again. Everyone in my fellowship is complaining about it.

DeletedUser1122

Smells like a paid shrill. Recognize the ordour from the stock trading days. Why else would u support faulty changes and try to make out as a challenges?

DeletedUser828

Well another view to all of this change, is that our Fellowships overall needs to be producing more of their boosted goods than they might have earlier on in the game. I believe a lot of this lies within our Fellowships and Trading. I have to honestly say in my Fellowship on Winyandor, goods are not much of a problem. Doing the 24 hours quests for goods, were always irrelevant because we had a good crew who worked hard and still works hard to get out the goods needed. The change in these offering coins is more incentive to me than the actual goods were. Although I am still not going to do them because they are time consuming.
With the addition of the Ancient Worlds we are getting additional Permanent Culture that will lay on the out skirt of our city, which I like because it does not take up needed space. I only foresee that we will need to up our boosted goods production to make sure we have everyone covered in their time of need.
The game takes team work. Without the team work we are doomed to fail. I realize some people don't like the changes, I dislike some of them. Overall I do enjoy playing the game, I'm glad I play with the people that I do because we make sure we are all covered. Doing a 24 quest for goods is useless in the end when I can run my goods every three hours and get more than the quest will give me.
There will always be things we don't like, more challenges may be hard to accept, but if you have a good Fellowship to back you up I think we can all get through the changes without the stress. After all, this is a game, it's not a life style. This should be fun and a relaxing get away from real life. If every thing were easy peezy what would be the fun in doing it.
Speed up the build times, get rid of the damn zoom that makes you go cross eyed when coming into your city....cut the 24 hour quests out. That's too long to do a quest. I don't want to take a week or 4 days to finish a research. Nobody needs to have it done in a day, but two to three days is long enough.

DeletedUser1061

...Doing a 24 quest for goods is useless in the end when I can run my goods every three hours and get more than the quest will give me.
I was making way more than I ever could on my non boosted goods for the level I was at and when I advance to a point that it possibly would give me more than the 24h you produce and get 500 each of two of your non boosted goods comes those quest will have been long gone so I am not seeing it.
There will always be things we don't like, more challenges may be hard to accept, but if you have a good Fellowship to back you up I think we can all get through the changes without the stress.
At 25 per fellowship your point is moot as all of "the good ones" are too full to accept anyone and flippantly saying (in case you might say it) go make one that is good is not the answer either as a lot of people do not have the time to be a leader, nor the will.
After all, this is a game, it's not a life style. This should be fun and a relaxing get away from real life.
It was but now Inno has made it a lifestyle because you will be stuck in the game forever when you used to could treat it very casually and there should never ever be real life pain because, as you said, this is a game it is for fun.
If every thing were easy peezy what would be the fun in doing it.
It has never EVER been easy peasy lemon squeezy only now it has become a torture chamber for a lot of people who have left the game for good. There is no good riddance to losing players who may buy diamonds or have and they have lost both. Smooth move on their parts but greed does that to people/companies.
Speed up the build times, get rid of the damn zoom that makes you go cross eyed when coming into your city....cut the 24 hour quests out. That's too long to do a quest. I don't want to take a week or 4 days to finish a research. Nobody needs to have it done in a day, but two to three days is long enough.
They are just mimicking their other games where it can take up to 5 days (I am currently at 2 days now) just to send a scout out on the Industrial Age map of Inno's Forge of Empires. I have been told by the Tomorrow Era people that it is 4-5 days for them for one section and you have 5-10 sections (provinces) per map, but I am not there so I can't say.

DeletedUser43

Princess Sabella, what you say is exactly true! Now, more than ever everyone in the fellowship needs to be making as many goods as they can! All those that can, need to be on 3 hour cycles and producing the heck out of goods to help those that can only make 9 hour cycles.

Unfortunately, the devs have made that impossible.

I have 9 gem factories, 5 silk factories and 4 planks factories most at their maximum level. Because of the DRASTIC changes in quest bonuses however, I can't run them. That is my problem. That is why I am so upset about all this. Despite what you NEED for the game, Inno seems to have decided they don't want you to actually play the game.

What do I need? As many productions as possible.
What is the way I now have to produce? As few productions as possible.

I need 3 hour cycles...for sure. But, a 3 hour cycle takes 4 gem factories to fill one quest and I get 50,000 coins and 1000 measly supplies for all 4. Then I have to reset them each and that costs 58,200 and 5820 supplies each. A 24 hour production costs 183,000 and 1820 supplies. If I set one for a 24 hour cycle it fills the 24 hour quest and I get 90000 coins.

I can do math. I am sure you can do math. Inno can do math. Both productions are so expensive it is not possible to have the houses to support them. But the 24 hour ones are slightly less expensive.

Want to know what they are telling you to do in beta? Don't have all your factories running. Tear some down. Build more workshops. Build more houses so you can build more workshops. And even if I do tear all my buildings down and do what they want, who is to say they won't change the rules again next week and make all that worthless. Inno is like the government that just loves to keep increasing your taxes every day and giving you less. So far, each new update brings worse quests until they will go to a once a day quest as they did on beta. (That was horrific and many people quit then). I simply can't have any trust in a company that keeps making my game worse.

So no.....Inno doesn't want you to play this game. Nor can we. My whole fellowship is suffering. I can't produce, they can't produce, no one can produce. My fellowship leader quit yesterday. I quit on Winyandor. Others are quitting all around me. It isn't even that they want to, it is just that they can do math and they know what will happen, and they can see they can't sustain anything. The only discussions anyone has had is "how do you get your money back from here?" "Can we have a class action because they offered us one thing and now have switched it to another?" "Have you ever played Skyrim?" "Have you ever tried WoW?" "How about Clash of clans?" "Whatever we go find, never another Inno game....lol...yeah." Are those really the conversations you want us to have?

I am the archmage of the top fellowship of this world. Under these conditions we are going to crumble. You simply cannot play this game with these new useless quests when you advance as far as we all have.

DeletedUser1061

Wow, Bobbykitty, yeah I had no idea all of that was that bad because I haven't reached that high on my highest world. I quit yesterday myself and in 30 days they told me they will remove my city and my account due to non activity. Okies.

That last sentiment you quoted is how I have been feeling too for about 6 weeks. I play two of their games and I have tried one other AND I did a web search on all of the games and the stuff I heard about Inno, as well as those games, made me question Inno itself because I was feeling what I was reading in FoE. So, I start over here and I said okies, a bit repressive but if I am strong, and stubborn, I can play it but I will need a fellowship. Here comes this update and I just saw the writing on the wall and bid my farewell to my fellowships because I can't spend time on something that at any minute the rules change. I was in a game like that a long time ago and I finally said enough is enough the rules are changing too much from what I signed on to. I canceled my subscription and moved on. The game shuddered around a few years and went f2p then about two years ago had to close because it was a ghost game.

DeletedUser1010

Know what gets me the most? I almost spent money today because I saw a 30% more diamonds but had I went for it I would be extra mad right now. Did anyone happen to notice that these "diamond extra sales" you must choose before you can see the damage that Inno did to your playstyle? If you say no you can't come back and say yes as you can in FoE (for instance). It is almost as if they are trying to sneak sells in before you actually get a chance to feel their aftermath. Now that *does* make me mad and is akin to a shady used car salesman if you ask me.

I have no skin in the game about the quest or at least so far it hasn't affected my game play, but I just saw what you said about not being able to get the 30% off if you say no, But you should be able to( at least I was able to) bc I notice that if you X out of the offer, it will then pop up a 2ent notice saying something like if you decline you will lose this offer and it gives you two choices to click on, if you click on the "cancel" choice and not the "ok" it will pop back up next time you log in. ( in other words you can cancel saying no to the 30%off and save the offer for later) Tho after awhile it does stop askng. I have done this a number of times until I was ready to buy. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1061

I have no skin in the game about the quest or at least so far it hasn't affected my game play, but I just saw what you said about not being able to get the 30% off if you say no, But you should be able to( at least I was able to) bc I notice that if you X out of the offer, it will then pop up a 2ent notice saying something like if you decline you will lose this offer and it gives you two choices to click on, if you click on the "cancel" choice and not the "ok" it will pop back up next time you log in. ( in other words you can cancel saying no to the 30%off and save the offer for later) Tho after awhile it does stop askng. I have done this a number of times until I was ready to buy. Hope that helps.
It never did this for me for any single time it has offered it to me. In FoE there will remain a box with the offer flashing but here I decline then it asks me if I am sure I want to decline the offer and I say yes and POOF, gone forever.

DeletedUser828

As far as money spent in the game, that is done upon the players free will. It was not a requirement to play the game, nor was any forced to do so. Sadly when we put money in these games, we do it at our own risk, it's an online game on a server we have no control over : therefore if they shut down tomorrow there is not one thing that can be done about it. That is a punishment we put ourselves through. Shame on us for investing money where we have no material gain in return for it.
But one would think that the players willingly paying a hefty sum to play their game could have some leverage on changes. As I stated above, myself I am not asking for a easy game, but that it is not made impossible to play.
As I look at other cities I see many who have over half their map filled with culture, but I have to question why does the culture items have to be so large? I run at 100% culture, I got tired of fighting the culture battle. I keep enough to build and spend money on culture that adds population. I run
{ 9 } workshops in { 15 } minute intervals while I am playing as well as flip the easier quests for coins and supplies. I am eeking it out somehow, but as I continue to upgrade, which I am in the last stages having all of my manufactures at level { 15 } , unless I add more culture eeking by will become more difficult. If I add more culture that means I am tearing down buildings in order to accommodate the size of it.
My fellowship plays competitively , so that means losing fellowship points. I am glad to see the addition of Ancient Wonders I only hope the culture these features add will be accommodating to the actual game play.
I believe in order to play more successfully our workshops and housing needs to produce more coins and supplies than it currently does. I don't want it handed to me, but heck let's make it easier to eek by in the game and not stressful.
Throughout all of these transitions, I'm not going to stop playing the game. I will slow down the dollar amount I spend in it, the enjoyment I get from it will be less if the more I upgrade to get ahead , the further behind it will make me get. Especially once we start to use our Relics, our boosted Relics and lose our production boosts. Which means what....we build more of our boosted goods, taking even more space. I'm trying to forewarn my fellowship about this :) Aside the fact you can now buy KPs with your boosted goods. One will have to produce more than before.
I agree there are some nasty turns going on, but I play this for fun. Simply put when it no longer becomes fun I'll no longer play. I'm slowing down the amount of money I am spending, and that is really all any of us can really do. Money does talk. When they are raking in less from their players changes will be made. Funny how I never have seen an offer for discounted Diamonds, I hear others have, but they have told me they never buy them. Funny how they are only trying to snare the players who aren't spending money instead of also extending offers to help keep those who do spend it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1061

... Funny how I never have seen an offer for discounted Diamonds, I hear others have, but they have told me they never buy them. Funny how they are only trying to snare the players who aren't spending money instead of also extending offers to help keep those who do spend it.
Same thing for companies like Comcast cable where all the good deals are for new customers while the existing customers don't matter as much.

Thing is we can't, well, I sure can't, see the new changes Inno did before we buy those diamonds at the discount. So, X out of the offer and it is forever gone (until they do something else and offer a discount). Now they do make sure you really meant to X out but when I X out I want to try what was implemented then I will decide not going to buy a pig in a poke no matter how much of a discount there is.

All of this is moot for me unless, within the next 29 days, I see that Inno woke up out of their coma and made some changes back. I am watching the forum closely in hopes of them making some changes back but if not my city is gone and I will find something else to play that isn't Inno related.

DeletedUser43

Update: The top players in my fellowship are now producing about 80% fewer goods than before. Our trader is stalling out and people just aren't putting up trades. Clearly, they want the game to go a lot slower. But, how slow?

I was scouting a province once every day and a half and clearing it in that time. At that rate, needing 9 provinces to get a new expansion it took 10 days or so. Now, I can't negotiate one little sector in a day, let alone 8. I am not making the goods I need to negotiate. Nor can I fight anything, because my fighters are just sitting there idle. Haven't had the supplies to train any of them....(not that it matters much as the fighting keeps getting worse with every update too). So....maybe by Thanksgiving I will get another expansion? Or Christmas?

Just how slow do they want this game to be?

DeletedUser1010

It never did this for me for any single time it has offered it to me. In FoE there will remain a box with the offer flashing but here I decline then it asks me if I am sure I want to decline the offer and I say yes and POOF, gone forever.
That's what I am trying to say, when it asked you if your sure you want to decline, instead of clicking on the "yes" your sure you want to decline there should also be a button with the word "cancel" on it...click that not the button with the word "yes" and you will get it again next time you log in. I had other ppl try it last night and it worked for them too=)

DeletedUser1061

That's what I am trying to say, when it asked you if your sure you want to decline, instead of clicking on the "yes" your sure you want to decline there should also be a button with the word "cancel" on it...click that not the button with the word "yes" and you will get it again next time you log in. I had other ppl try it last night and it worked for them too=)
Ahhh, thanks for that I thought cancel meant cancel the X out and go back to the offer. All moot now though for me but thank you for the help.