• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.1

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 1.1.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

No update today?

Nvm

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser637

• Quests introducing the Spells feature have been added

Does this mean that building Magic Academy is mandatory now?

DeletedUser627

All okay thus far. I've built a couple of Day Farms and added some expansions - no quirks yet.

I do still have that problem with the message notifications, however.

Edit:

Chat is stalling.

Mandatory quests are really lame. At this level of the game, mandating beverage, bread and simple tool productions is, well, really? I wish you guys would assemble a legit players' committee. We'd be happy to make some interesting contributions, especially in areas like this where it's clear that devs are too busy and tossing out filler quests with little thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1122

RE: Magic Academy is mandatory now?

They're now mandatory in the current Beta release.
Since the Magic Academy is early in the game, will it be mandatory to go back and build it if you have started the fairies?

Is this statement correct?
Most (spells) are mandatory, but as they are very close to the beginning of the game, they will not affect anyone who has already passed that point.

DeletedUser61

will it be mandatory to go back and build it if you have started the fairies?
It's second hand information, but folks are complaining about that in the Beta Forum, so it's likely.

DeletedUser627

I read on Beta that players couldn't further advance into Research until they returned to complete the Academy requirements.

Honestly, I hate this Academy more than most...but I've already built mine and started storing Spells for supplies. Faery level just requires too many supplies - it's either build the Academy or use too much space trying for culture bonus.

DeletedUser1036

Completing the requirements (AKA doing the research in the knowledge tree) is a different thing compared to having to actually build it

DeletedUser43

My Shadow, there is a non declinable quest coming to build the magic academy. I am going to face a difficult decision when I get there. I maybe won't build that stupid useless building and just forego having the storyline quest from here on out. I don't know yet. I simply hate that stupid useless space taking up building. Though Piazza says it is necessary, so maybe I can't get away from it.

DeletedUser1390

It's a small thing, but I notice you can no longer click on and view a completed province on the map. Would that be because you are working on your dastardly plan to do new stuff with completed provinces?!

DeletedUser1017

ahh...you're right, Elven Ivory. :) I wonder what's up with that.

DeletedUser61

you can no longer click on and view a completed province on the map.
You can click on the City Sectors, of course, but you only get a mouseover on the relic sectors. I'm pretty sure it's always been that way.

DeletedUser1390

Yeah the mouseover is still there. Seems to me you before could still click and enter the province, just see the 8 checked off circles. Not very exciting or useful to be sure.

DeletedUser43

I think it is a feature. As you say Elven Ivory, there is nothing useful about being able to go back into completed provinces and it is a pain when you do it by mistake. This may have been a response to make it this way. :)