• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.2

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 1.2.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Deleted User - 312108

So, there were many bugs reported in 1.2 on Beta, are those fixed in the version coming to the US servers or are we going to have to deal with all of the known issues?

DeletedUser

Only 36 day till i get an expansion(maybe more since I do not have to log on to play anymore) so I can place an magic academy? Woot Woot!!!! I am so excited!!!! Also I want to thank Elvenar and their gods for the ressurection/spring present!!! Very nice

DeletedUser1440

Ok, so now it appears all Research regarding the Magic Academy (manufactory Spell, etc.) now has to be completed in order con continue along the tree? Is this true now in the 1.2 03-31-2016 11AM release?

Question: Do you have to BUILD it too? or just research? Pitiful really that a 2 minute *update* could cause players 2+ days to recover, not to mention interrupting gameplay unnecessarily. Unhappy Bear! I'm always disappointed when a good product finally reaches the point of a money (diamond) grab.

In alignment with MANY prior requests.... at least have the ability to sell it. (5x5's are difficult enough).

Bear

DeletedUser

Posts were merged and a warning for multi-posting was issued.
Have to build it before you can research manufactory spell

correction you just have to activate

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Do you have to BUILD it too?

So far, I haven't seen anything that forces you to build one, unless you care about the quests. As soon as the non declinable quest comes to build that academy, I will be down to one repeating quest line. That building is much too harmful for me to lose all that space on something that provides zero benefit. I have plenty of goods and I only keep my culture at 100%. Therefore, I will never get a culture bonus from it. (You only get a bonus if you have 125% or more culture.)

We have a thread running in beta about how useless that academy is, and the OVERWHELMING majority of players don't want one. If we could delete it that would be fine, if the tech was released but we didn't need a building for it, that would be fine, if it was optional in the quest line that would be fine. But as is, strategic players won't be building it.

Why do we still have the useless dwarven quests once we sell our dwarven portal? Those were known bugs and should have been eliminated.

Deleted User - 312108

I don't know, but I think I am definitely reconsidering this game. I loathe the magic academy. I loathe the fact that we are forced to research non-boosted goods. I loathe that we are forced to play in a narrow scope by conquering a certain number of provinces each chapter. Every release gives us less and less freedom to build our cities to our own vision and I am not sure why I should spend the time with it.

DeletedUser

and the spells do not work on elven or dwarven factories so an ugly worthless piece! 35 days for expansion!! I already have goods, coins and supplies...thought that was part of building up city.

DeletedUser637

I don't know, but I think I am definitely reconsidering this game. I loathe the magic academy. I loathe the fact that we are forced to research non-boosted goods. I loathe that we are forced to play in a narrow scope by conquering a certain number of provinces each chapter. Every release gives us less and less freedom to build our cities to our own vision and I am not sure why I should spend the time with it.

I am 100% with u.

I just got the quest. I don't want that thing in my city.

I am VERY dissapointed with the fact that after all that odium for magic academy in Beta forum devs still decided to bring mandatory quest here. It shows an extraodinary contempt for players and payers...

DeletedUser1440

When that quest appears.... I'll likely disappear.

Are you watching this Forum Mods? It was a bad business and game choice! Take the constructive criticism - fix the issue, and move on with presenting a pleasant gaming experience.... SO very disappointing (burn rate of new players must be about 3-4 months - before the realization sets in)..... Sad Bear (there is SO much potential here - imagine.... a game where you don't have to fight and protect your investment on a daily basis) Amazing concept, and now the tinkering comes into play...... What a shame

DeletedUser627

If any of you are Beta users, the Mods there opened a thread requesting specific input about the Academy. It's here to say, so if you want to put in your specific two cents, they're reading it.

DeletedUser1440

Ok.... I'm glad we at least have a Forum that's being read (hopefully - objectively).

I don't feel like I'm alone when I say that the enjoyment of the game has in a way, been diminished with the 1.2 release. I'm a relatively new (4th month now).... I've dropped my obligatory "I'm interested and having fun" USD $$$.... and whaddya know - the game changes and makes pre-requisites mandatory to continue to enjoy the game play (Magic Academy). We were thrown back a few chapters to complete a knowledge item we never wanted in the 1st place, we were asked to generate a fairly substantial amount of KP before resuming our enjoyment, and now forced into a decision of relinquishing 50% of our Quest options if we cannot / or choose not, to build the Academy. Clearing a pre-requisite number of provinces was bad enough, but now it's been compounded with yet another "downer". If you can't alter the code to make the Magic Academy optional, PLEASE, at least let players SELL / REMOVE it afterwards. Simple fix, yes?

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling they're being told how to play the game. In my honest opinion, it's the developers that should be listening to their paying customers and finding the balance we both need to receive mutual satisfaction. What about a monthly calendar of events? Perhaps a free expansion now and then, or some relic shards for 10 days continuous play, or a culture boost that starts at 100% (not 125%)..... You know.... something that might keep us playing and enjoying.... Just the Bear's $0.02.

BearCubRI (Fely and Kehl)

DeletedUser594

The type and tone of the changes don't make sense to me. I just don't see how this element of the Academy is important to the underlying structure of the game. Province clearing mandates don't make much sense to me either but even if they are somehow critical to the arc of the games development they surely could have been released in a less disruptive and dismissive manner. They should have grandfathered players or given fair and clear advance warning a month ahead of release so players could get caught up. It looks like a feedback thread has made it to this server so this last hub-bub must have been loud enough to be heard at the top

DeletedUser1987

Just got the quest to build the Magic Academy. Looks like I'm down to one quest line.

It just makes no sense to have a building that is (supposedly) like the Barracks start out so huge. Why not make a level 1 Magic Academy for those of us who don't want to upgrade it, tiny, so it doesn't take up so much space? There is literally no room for a Magic Academy in my city, and the next few expansions I get are going to go to actually upgrade my workshops, not add a useless building that takes an entire block. I used to buy diamonds to unlock more expansions, but I'm not going to do that again if I'm just going to have this thing shoved at me. The barracks started out at 4x3 (for elves). Then it got bigger with upgrades. What's the point of building something that is 5x5 with no ability to try it out and see if you like it before choosing to upgrade it to be so huge?

I play World of Warcraft. PvP fighting is a core gameplay mechanic, but it isn't mandatory. PvE fighting is a core gameplay mechanic, but it isn't mandatory. Other things are core gameplay mechanics, but are also not mandatory if they don't fit your playstyle. This is a game about BUILDING A CITY. There IS no one right way to build a city. If there was, all the cities in the world would be identical. Why can't this core gameplay mechanic, which seems designed only for one playstyle, not others, be not mandatory?

DeletedUser627

Not only is the Academy mandatory...but I'm still asking questions about the new Mercenary Camp. It's 4x4...and "shares a queue with the regular Barracks". I'm betting this means that only one building works at a time?? If so, we have another 16 spaces wasted - it the queue is shared, then there's ZERO reason to have an entire additional building.

qaccy

Keep in mind that when we started out, we were required to build the Barracks and the Trader as well. The Academy is a bit underwhelming to later players, but to new ones coming in and not yet at that point, it's not disruptive since it's just added into the flow of the game. I imagine a similar reaction would be had if the Academy had always been available and this was the barracks (and combat in general) being newly added to the game, as not everyone likes to battle (even if it can be automated). :D