• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.3

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 1.3.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

maeter75

Nice addition of two more AW, I do wonder how they will work shard wise. I guess well all see soon enough.

DeletedUser43

They work the same way the old ones work. You need to clear provinces or donate to other people's wonders to get the rune shards you want. Pretty much, you have to buy them with diamonds if you want them. You can't even start building them until you get through the whole tech tree. Then you have a one in six chance of getting the right rune when you clear provinces. (Unless I have been misinformed. That could be possible.)

Since it takes about 30 runes (with breakage and all) in order to build every wonder, you can either complete 180 provinces (the one in six chance times the 30 you need) or you can donate to wonders and hope you are the one who donates the most. Since now there are only 2 wonders that everyone on top wants, everyone will be competing for those runes...but wait...it gets harder.

The Blooming Trader Guild is mostly worthless to a top player (and of course you have to be a top player to unlock the tech). So everyone will be trying to grab the runes for the Prosperity Towers. That is a lot of competition.

If you want to try to just clear provinces to get the runes you need, at an average of 3-4 days per province, and you need to clear 180 provinces to get the right runes, that is roughly 630 days of nonstop playing to get enough to build one fairy wonder. As I said, they will mostly only be for diamond players.

For the diamond players that are done with the tech tree already, these new wonders will give them something to spend their kp on.

This comment is already too long, so I will post all about the Blooming Wonder below.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Fairy Blooming Wonder:

25% wholesaler offer improvement

This won't be of any use to a very advanced player? By the time you get here, you should have cleared hundreds of provinces and you should have a very advanced fellowship. When you have to clear provinces it takes tens of thousands of goods to do so per sector in one province. You need 250,000 goods to get through the whole province. You certainly aren't going to be buying those goods 500 at a time. I don't care if they remove the cost of the wholesaler completely, it doesn't matter. The only time an advanced player (someone who has progressed far enough to have researched this tech) buys goods from the wholesaler is when they have extra coins or supplies to toss away.

40% reduced trade fee

Once again, in order to be an advanced player, you have to have a very good trading system in place. You have likely been playing this game for 6 months to a year by now. With the new province requirements, you couldn't even get to this level if you wanted to without having at more than 180 neighbors. Also, you will have had to make trades in the thousands of goods regularly. Yes, if the game is totally broken and you don't have a fellowship and you are stuck in a desert wasteland of zero neighbors, then this may be of some use to you....but only if you got super lucky and that one person you needed to trade with was just outside your neighborhood. Most worlds have trading posts where you can go to make the large trades you need if you absolutely have to, so this is totally superfluous no matter how reduced the trader fee is.

5% Portal production boost

The portal production for all races gets boosted. Ok...yeah....that is nice. But it doesn't work on the dwarven portal because you are past the dwarves by the time you research this. It doesn't work on the fairies for the same reason. It will work on the next race and that might be of some use. However, in order to build this wonder you will need to research tons of provinces, and give away tons of KP trying to get these runes (you will have a one in 6 chance). By the time you have built this wonder, you will likely be through the end of all future races. But if not, and the game stalls again for months and months it is somewhere to stick that KP.

But don't forget what you forgo when you build a wonder....you lose a lot of space and you lose boosted relics. That will cost you goods every production for the end of time. Is it worth the cost for maybe that production boost if you build it before the new races are here? That will be for you to decide. I know it takes a long to slog through the new races tech, but what do you get if you rush through it? You get less game to play. You get to wait for months and months for something new. It isn't so bad getting through the tech more slowly.

AS WITH ALL WONDERS, ONCE BUILT, YOU WILL NEVER EVER EVER GET BACK THOSE BOOSTED RELICS. So decide well before you choose. Even if you delete it, your production level is lowered for all time.

(All percentages of boosts are for a level 1 wonder and will go up as you upgrade your wonder, but no matter what the percentages are, the principles above remain the same.)

Sorry...this got long too. One more post and then I am done!

DeletedUser43

Fairy Wonder Prosperity Towers

A level one Prosperity Towers gives you:

5ooo supplies every 3 hours.

Now that is useful. That's a lot of supplies per a 3 hour stint. As you upgrade your towers I imagine this will increase too. So basically, this tower is a super workshop. It won't give you the points*, but you may be able to delete more of your other workshops and put the population and culture towards building more factories or armories or whatever you want. Plus, you can have fewer workshops, then that gives you more space.
*Plus, there have been comments that wonders will indeed give you points in the future. If so, this becomes very attractive indeed!

A one hour supply spell production boost.

If you have built a magic academy and use these spell boosts, then this could be of a big use to you. As you upgrade this wonder, I imagine this boost will increase too.

This wonder doesn't do anything else, so there really isn't much else to say about it. But that first benefit may be all it takes to make this the exciting fairy wonder to have!!

DeletedUser61

or you can donate to wonders and hope you are the one who donates the most.
That's entirely true for a level 1 AW. But as the AW levels, it distributes more Runes, one per level, but of course each level requires more Knowledge Points. Each time the AW levels, there's a 10% KPs dividend, in addition to the Rune Shards.

So once the AW struggles up to level 7, for example, the Rune distribution would be 1+1+1+1+1 (first round) +1+1+0+0+0 (second round) = 7 Rune Shards for the top 5 contributors.

DeletedUser1036

Fairy Wonder Prosperity Towers

A level one Prosperity Towers gives you:

5ooo supplies every 3 hours.

Looking at the Wiki it is 8500 for 3 hours.
Mousing over the spot in AW it is only 5000 for 3 hours.

If it were only 5000 then it would be of no use to me since a level 19 workshop with a 125% culture boost produces 8844 supplies if your doing 15 minute grinds for 3 hours. Of course that is only for players like myself that check in on a regular basis and frequently participate or watch the chat box.

If your a player that does 3 hour grind's and only checks in to harvest goods and supplies every 3 hours then a level 19 workshop produce's 3750 so it would be beneficial giving you 4750 extra supplies over and above vs a workshop in the same space.

To me one of the key point's is just about everyone use's the 9 hour grind for over night or when they check in before going away to work and at a 125% culture boost you get 6500 supplies per workshop at level 19 so you would get 2000 extra supplies vs a workshop.

The space it would take up and since you can only build one of them, the biggest benefit would only be the extra supplies on a 3 or 9 hour away from game grind which isn't that much of a game changer.

It really is up to one's own playing style.

DeletedUser1010

I just want to say THANK YOU to the Elvenar team for working so hard on this lovely game for us. I know the game is not perfect but no game can make everyone happy with the content all the time. So keep up the good work and give yourself a pat on the back. I am glad to have this game to take my mind off stressful things=))

WolfSinger

I see the Dwarven specific quests went away (the ones that require copper and granite), but none of the duplicated declineable quests vanished. We really need to have the declineable quest lines looked at and fixed. Working through 69 declineable quests is just too much.

qaccy

I see the Dwarven specific quests went away (the ones that require copper and granite), but none of the duplicated declineable quests vanished. We really need to have the declineable quest lines looked at and fixed. Working through 69 declineable quests is just too much.

You Elves must really be broken. Not having any issues in a human city (even before the update), and my declinable quest list is only 25 long with no duplicates.

DeletedUser43

My Shadow, does the other fairy wonder, the blooming wonder, fit with your playing style? Is that something you will want? If so, what benefits do you see to that one?

DeletedUser1036

Hi Bobbykitty, It would have been really nice to have it available at the beginning of the chapter. I have a feeling were going to have to produce some outrageous numbers of fairy goods when they release the next part or chapter in the knowledge tree so I'm on a limb for that one. I should note while I haven't finished the KP tree yet, I will make sure my portal is filled to capacity before back tracking down the line to finish those tech's I skipped.

The reduced trader fee for world trades could and would come in handy if you have a few large players around who are within a few provinces of your scouting radius but for me the only active one's I have offer really small trades to begin with.

The biggest advantage I can see personally is there are times my Main Hall is maxed on coin (I do dailys in world as well as the fellowship 7 days a week). So it would be nice to get more goods at a cheaper rate when trying to unload coin while the builders are all ready busy.

I still haven't built the Magic Academy and probably won't unless they come up with a couple of spell's that either motivates builders and or scouts time's.

DeletedUser627

About the Blooming Wonder Portal Boost...

If you compare the requirements for Fairy KP vs Fairy Goods:

With 3 Day and 3 Night Farms (mostly levels 4, Portal at L4) - it takes about twice as many days to produce the KP as it does the actual Goods. And this is true even though I'm 2/3 of the way through the Research (where in early stages you don't need ambrosia or night essence for research). I have far more goods than I know what to do with,though I've been consistently buying KP to hasten my way through Fairy

So...a Wonder increasing the value of Portal goods would have been useless in Fairy. It would have been helpful during Dwarven, so I guess that theoretically it might help during a third Guest Race. But what are the odds of even getting it built in time for a new race? It takes quite some time to collect enough Rune Shards for initial construction - unless we have a large time gap between end of Fairy and beginning of third (which we were promised not to see)...so it will be difficult bordering on impossible to see much more than 5% benefit for some (not all) of the next race.

What if we buy the Runes for construction - is it worth it for a 5% Portal increase? We'd likely be better off spending the real $ buying occasional goods to finish research (we wouldn't have to waste grid space). And I haven't done the math...but my guess is that the 25 or so grid we don't put into a Wonder could be used to increase Guest production by more than 5%?

DeletedUser43

I have great news! Tournaments have been released in beta and they are saying that if you win the tough battles, you can win runes! I am not that far yet, so I don't know, but it might be easier to get runes than it is now!

DeletedUser627

If the Provincial Tournament Tech part of Fairy Research?

DeletedUser61

Nope, it's at the end of Chapter II. For the moment it's optional, but we can expect that to change in due course.

DeletedUser627

My on my! Does this mean that players as early as Section III have the ability for significantly more KP?