• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.43

DeletedUser115

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have posted our upcoming release notes for version 1.43 and would love to hear what you have to say. Let us know below!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser13400

This game is so cool!

I don't know what the game was like before the most recent update of course, but it seems to me it's going to be even more fun now. I'd been silently wondering to myself <em>Where are all these people?</em> My inventory was showing like 30 odd available population, but I couldn't see them anywhere. I idly considered maybe they were like me and just don't like to leave the house much.

With all the good things the updates brought, I think I'm going to enjoy this one the best. I'm too new to appreciate the other updates right now, but I'm sure that's bound to change.

Also I had seen the mobile version of this game, but put off on downloading it because I'd read that some of the features do not work the same as they do on the PC. It's like learning a new set of rules, kinda. (Think Minecraft PE). Since I'm still learning the PC version, I'm going to hold off before playing the mobile version.

PS. I think it's a good idea to push updates on Thanksgiving. I understand this holiday has become over commercialized and under valued. I believe it should still be a day for family. I have to admit it's not a very special day at my house, but we do try to go the extra way to show gratitude for the things we have in our everyday lives that many people don't. Anyway, I'm rambling. The update is gonna be awesome! Thanks.

Silvianar

All of the "Bug Fixes" you've mentioned saying you are fixing I have not seen in any world I play in. All though I would like to know when the Chat will be fixed as several players, myself included, in several different worlds cannot use the chat. It says it's connecting but never does.

DeletedUser13400

All of the "Bug Fixes" you've mentioned saying you are fixing I have not seen in any world I play in. All though I would like to know when the Chat will be fixed as several players, myself included, in several different worlds cannot use the chat. It says it's connecting but never does.

"When expanding a Private Message, the text would sometimes be expanded to the right." I think that may mean that this feature has been fixed.

I can't use the chat feature yet, because I'm not in a fellowship.

Do you ever get to use the chat? Or does it mainly come and go? Has it always been that way?

DeletedUser3507

Still waiting for culture pop ups on cities I visit, Note this was suppose to have been implemented along time ago..

Silvianar

"When expanding a Private Message, the text would sometimes be expanded to the right." I think that may mean that this feature has been fixed.

I can't use the chat feature yet, because I'm not in a fellowship.

Do you ever get to use the chat? Or does it mainly come and go? Has it always been that way?
Mine in Felyndral has been out for 2+ months and some of my fellows in other worlds about the same from what they've told me. Other worlds I'm in I have no problem with although my fellows do. I've put in trouble tickets for it and have either been ignored or outright deleted.

DeletedUser13400

Mine in Felyndral has been out for 2+ months and some of my fellows in other worlds about the same from what they've told me. Other worlds I'm in I have no problem with although my fellows do. I've put in trouble tickets for it and have either been ignored or outright deleted.

Ah man. I'm sorry. No clue what it might be or if there's anything you can do on your end to make it better. ;) Maybe you'll get a response on it now?

DeletedUser1390

There is a message in the support ticket window saying they are aware of the ongoing problems with chat, and have been trying to fix them but have no estimate of when they will be fixed. In other words they have tried but failed to fix them, thus far.

The problem seems to affect a significant minority of players, but the chat does work for most of us, with just occasional outages or glitches. I would definitely suggest joining a fellowship as it will make the game a lot more fun!:)

DeletedUser13400

There is a message in the support ticket window saying they are aware of the ongoing problems with chat, and have been trying to fix them but have no estimate of when they will be fixed. In other words they have tried but failed to fix them, thus far.

The problem seems to affect a significant minority of players, but the chat does work for most of us, with just occasional outages or glitches. I would definitely suggest joining a fellowship as it will make the game a lot more fun!:)

It may be on the user's end depending on the browser type and the internet connection. That could be why they've not been able to find a resolution yet. For instance, will the chat work better on Google Chrome or Firefox? What about Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge? I also daresay a highspeed internet connection would be needed to maintain a stable chat connection. That's just my two cents though. I would recommend trying it on different browsers to see if there's any improvement. Or maybe switching to Ethernet if you're currently using WiFi.

Yea, I've been trying--to join a fellowship that is. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

WolfSinger

I think Soggy has the right of it there - just hope they find a way to let players ask for what they want instead of visitors having to guess. And a way to limit to only a few culture.

qaccy

I have to say, even I'm starting to get bored with the game at this point. The Halflings chapter was implemented on live servers in June, and the only significant content addition to the game since then has been Fellowship Adventures, which had a fairly lukewarm reception at best. Even beta isn't showing anything new coming down the pipeline. Are that many resources being diverted to the mobile platform and 'end of Flash' version of the game that there's no time to work on new features? Bugfixes are nice and all, but when it's all we're getting for nearly half a year it's kind of a bummer.

P.S. I haven't seen any opportunities for these +KP instants that were supposedly added to the game a while ago, and the change in encounters to allow squads to be from 1-8 in size is also something I personally haven't witnessed anywhere. Everything's still been 4-8 for me, 'even very late in the game'.

DeletedUser12423

We need time between events to balance our cities, I don't see anything regarding a Thanksgiving Event or any Dragonturkey Rewards lol
(our guild laughed at the thought of Dragonturkey Statues)

Have a good holiday, everyone!

YarL

Chat works only with fellowship members.

I notice that chat (and some other features) work for me on some computers and not on others. I play on more than a dozen computers on a regular basis and things work best on the most powerful computers (e.g. the ones with 8+ GB of RAM, best graphics cards, etc.). The variance in how the graphics look on different computers is enormous! The graphics are stunning on my Mac Book Pro Retina and my iPad. On some PCs, Elvenar looks terrible. It is not simply a matter of adjusting quality in the settings.

The variance in graphics quality is an issue in the client software... My guess is that the problem is Flash related. I hope the developers are looking at rewriting the game using something other than Flash. I assume they know Flash support is fully ending in 2020 and development has already drastically slowed down. Adobe has been hinting this would happen for a couple years. This is an issue that threatens the profitability of their game and thus its continued existence.

https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html

DeletedUser3507

It's a good thing that there recoding the game to a non flash version.

DeletedUser3297

... the change in encounters to allow squads to be from 1-8 in size is also something I personally haven't witnessed anywhere. Everything's still been 4-8 for me, 'even very late in the game'.

They are out there, even late in the game. But I don't think that made fighting any better ;)

jseuFgu.png

DeletedUser13729

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have posted our upcoming release notes for version 1.43 and would love to hear what you have to say. Let us know below!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
First time on the forum. Saw something about you were giving free diamonds. That would be great! Just wanted to saw the new mobil/ipad app is great. Just wish we could cast spells and it would work with special quests as well.

DeletedUser13257

I like the new mobile app, but I wish I could use enchants on my goods.