• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.46

DeletedUser115

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have announced our recent update version 1.46, and look forward to hearing your feedback here.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Risen Malchiah

Thank you for the bug fixes. Some of these have been sorely needed.

As for the changes to Fellowship Adventures, I'll try to be brief since I'm sure there will be many complaints. My main one boils down to this: The community provided MANY possible suggestions of how to improve the FA. But instead of balancing the reward vs complexity, or addressing the concerns many players have, we're instead faced with an FA with even greater complexity that is even less rewarding. Now the hard part for me isn't whether to participate or not, it's convincing the rest of the fellowship not to bother.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The community provided MANY possible suggestions
Even the simplest one wasn't implemented: Split the quests in half.
1 quest giver for all the workshops stuff
1 quest giver for the rest
instantly you have 50% less quest cycling.
Now the hard part for me isn't whether to participate or not, it's convincing the rest of the fellowship not to bother.
Luckily that wasn't hard for us.
Khelonaar voted 7 to 15 against doing it and
Winy 8 to 16,
So there will be no FA for soggy other than on Beta where the increase of 78% more badges(most of which are 24h and 48h) will make it so that we actually don't even finish despite trying.

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

So there will be no FA for soggy other than on Beta where the increase of 78% more badges(most of which are 24h and 48h) will make it so that we actually don't even finish despite trying.
Wow, that's pretty telling if lots of beta players don't end up finishing it. I'm sure some will manage to complete it, but I'd love to see the end results of this FA and compare them to the end results from the previous one.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
but I'd love to see the end results of this FA and compare them to the end results from the previous one.
At the time of this post, there are 3 days and ?? hours left, we are ranked #36 and we haven't finished the first spot on stage 2, which means only a maximum of 40, fellowships have finished stage 1.

Last edited:

HJK84

I'm happy with the bug fixes.
Also, happy about restricting movement, ie; leaving FS during event. I didn't know about such "moves", guessing it was something people took advantage of, that wasn't suppose to be so.

Not sure what people are disappointed with?
I read SoggyShorts, mentioning more badges is that it?
Am I missing something cause I'm not on Beta?

Personally, I didn't read anything in the update that was bad o_O

Risen Malchiah

Personally, I didn't read anything in the update that was bad
It's more of a criticism of the "improved" FA event itself. Essentially it is the same event but with 3 more badges (for a total of 13) that require collecting spells, every path requires 1-day and 2-day items, and the total number badges needed for completion is doubled. Players on beta are having difficulty completing the event, so unless there are changes before Monday, this will be a trainwreck.

HJK84

It's more of a criticism of the "improved" FA event itself. Essentially it is the same event but with 3 more badges (for a total of 13) that require collecting spells, every path requires 1-day and 2-day items, and the total number badges needed for completion is doubled. Players on beta are having difficulty completing the event, so unless there are changes before Monday, this will be a trainwreck.

Ah! Gotchya :cool:
Thanks

qaccy

Nominal but welcome improvement to FA quests. Removing the confirmation window is already a significant reduction in time. I would imagine that the developers are continuing to work on better functionality, and that this is just a smaller, more easily-implemented improvement in the meantime. Don't act like this is the last time FAs are going to be changed!

However, I'm disappointed to hear that the FA now requires more items to work through. Unless the rewards are bumped up as well to compensate, there's very little value in them compared to tournaments, which is somewhat odd considering an activity that requires the coordination of a large group of people should provide significant rewards. Granted, I don't know what the rewards are going to be for this upcoming FA but based on the two we've already had I'm not expecting them to be very good.

Essentially, the FA is too much work for too little reward. I'm usually one of the more optimistic people but even I can't really find something to like about FAs in their current form. I'm curious to hear a serious reason as to why someone would be interested in participating in them.

DeletedUser15294

It would be helpful to have a "last logged in" to help maintain fellowships on mobile apps.
Thanks.. :)

DeletedUser5800

First of all FA 'Improvements' are like putting a new paint job on a car with a blown motor! And quite frankly the paint job done here was with cheap spray paint in the wind. o_O

Seriously, increase the difficulty and make the prizes more worthless... somebody should get fired for that bright idea. Why in the world would the prize for a Fellowship Adventure be something that most benefits solo play? At least a SEED hut would have been something worth getting!

Who thought it was good idea to add spells before fixing the Academy to let you collect one at a time?... or make it work at all on the app.?

How did something as simple as the much requested raising of the ability to collect up to Mage not make the cut of lazy 'Improvements'?

Also saying the confirmation has been removed like it's a big help when you added 3 more badges to click through and left the 'Awesome' click is a bit of stretch don't ya think?

If the goal is to get it to where only the top 3 FS play Credit Card wars and nobody else opens it at all I would say you are right on track. Or is the goal the hope that people that don't pay attention at all throw money at it? I for one will be telling all of my FS it's a trick, don't even look at it... which is a shame because there are about 100 ways it could have been something better* than a waste of space that some unsuspecting sucker drops a dollar in. :rolleyes:
*The fact that it is going in the exact opposite direction say it all.

DeletedUser5800

@SoggyShorts Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit off that you can upgrade Academy with diamonds on the app. but can't make spells but you need spells for the FA now, which they can apparently add to the app., but you can buy the badges with diamonds that you can't make the spells for in your diamond leveled Academy? :eek:

Edit: Is that how it works?
If you only play on the app. you essentially now have premium badges that you have to have to play the FA?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6555

I concur with everyone's opinions & ideas stated above. I play on 5 worlds, and in all but 1, we have elected to not participate this time. I LOVE the idea that was behind the Fellowship Adventures - something to bring everyone together toward a common goal, outside of tournaments, to get great prizes (I especially LOVE the instants!). In the last Adventure, the prizes were crap too, so we lost a lot of interest there. The work does NOT equal the rewards, unfortunately.

Stick with tournaments. You get FAR greater rewards there. :) Hoping Inno will revise the FA to something that players actually WANT to participate in and have fun doing.

DeletedUser3220

Thank you for the bug fixes. Some of these have been sorely needed.

As for the changes to Fellowship Adventures, I'll try to be brief since I'm sure there will be many complaints. My main one boils down to this: The community provided MANY possible suggestions of how to improve the FA. But instead of balancing the reward vs complexity, or addressing the concerns many players have, we're instead faced with an FA with even greater complexity that is even less rewarding. Now the hard part for me isn't whether to participate or not, it's convincing the rest of the fellowship not to bother.
You don't have to convince me and about 75 others I have talked too. If the prizes were going to be worth the effort, but from what I'm reading they are not. I'm seeing the developers making this whole game more work than fun. The same happen with Farmville II. It became work with no pay. That's what I think about the FA.
Plus, I feel they are taking more of the teamwork out of the fellowships with these merchant buildings and having non-boosted factories. It's like the developers have lost their inspiration to bother with better task. This is a fellowship world, it is what made it great... now, it's losting that aspect more and more with each update.

DeletedUser15438

I can't even get to the FA! I play on my iPad and you're suppose to be able to tap on the fellowship flag and it's suppose to take you to it! Well, it's not happening! What can I do??
Dear Humans and Elves,

We have announced our recent update version 1.46, and look forward to hearing your feedback here.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Dear Humans and Elves,

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I can't even get

DeletedUser6547

Well 1 bug seems unmentioned. I like to use the phone app to click the visits, problem: open notifications to click and often times it closes the game before I can click the neighbors from the map. Also has a 2nd visit bug from the FS, click a random one as you go down,opens the help window but nothing inside. Freezes out on the same person that whole day if you keep trying. So gotta use the pc, map, or skip them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well 1 bug seems unmentioned. I like to use the phone app to click the visits, problem: open notifications to click and often times it closes the game before I can click the neighbors from the map. Also has a 2nd visit bug from the FS, click a random one as you go down,opens the help window but nothing inside. Freezes out on the same person that whole day if you keep trying. So gotta use the pc, map, or skip them.
I haven't experienced any of that on the app. It might be worth deleting the app and re-installing it. If that doesn't fix it, you should probably file an in-game ticket