• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.74 Feedback

DeletedUser1390

- Will the RR spells in tournament chests be in addition to the Blueprint in the 10th chest, or instead?

- And can I assume that RR spell will not yet appear it this week's Tournament chests?

Risen Malchiah

I love this update! So much so that I got in trouble for giving feedback before the announcement. :D

One potential problem however:

Currently, a player who is not in a fellowship has NO way of knowing tournaments exist since it's not mentioned anywhere in game. It's no longer in the tech tree and there's no tent icon, no tournament roster, and no mention of it in the popups describing fellowships. An unguilded player will see this recipe and have no clue what a blueprint is, which could be really frustrating as it would seem to them to be the only way to get Royal Restoration spells. One solution might be that solo players don't see these recipes at all, but that would be unfair to them.

I suggest moving Blueprints & Royal Restoration to a separate crafting tab in the Builder's Hut. This would make a dedicated space for them, allowing for more detailed information on what they are and how to obtain/use them. It would also add more functionality to the Builder's Hut. For an added bonus, Inno could occasionally offer premium crafting deals in the Builder's Hut that uses Blueprints and/or diamonds to further encourage its usage. (As a side benefit, it also doesn't add to the overly long recipe list in the Magic Academy.)

- Will the RR spells in tournament chests be in addition to the Blueprint in the 10th chest, or instead?

- And can I assume that RR spell will not yet appear it this week's Tournament chests?
While it's not clear from the announcement, I believe it is in addition to the blueprint in the 10th chest. And it may still be possible that the rewards for the current tournament could be updated when the game is updated (since the tournament has not completed yet).

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There are other simpler fixes to the lack of information issue, like an additional tip when starting (there are other/better options).

I am also really looking forward to the update. While I don't see this as a fix for broken shards it is a step in the right direction. The only reason it is not a fix is that you can still it the cap of 10 while waiting for a recipe to arrive. Blueprints we can at least store indefinitely while we wait for a recipe.

DeletedUser18253

Does anybody know how the RR spell worked in the beta. Does it upgrade my set building one tire or to my current one? I mean if my Phoenix set is tier III and now i'm in V will it upgrade it to IV first or straight to V?

Thank you

shimmerfly

I found this is the release notes announcment from yesterday...

"Note: The Crafting recipes will not be available immediately after the update. We plan to introduce them on Monday 11 March, when the new Mobile version is available for everyone"

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-74.18640/#post-131755

DeletedUser1390

Does anybody know how the RR spell worked in the beta. Does it upgrade my set building one tire or to my current one? I mean if my Phoenix set is tier III and now i'm in V will it upgrade it to IV first or straight to V?

To judge from the Upgrade tab, it upgrades the building one chapter level. The Upgrade tab has an icon showing the level the building will become when you upgrade it.

DeletedUser1390

There should be one Crafting Recipe that does not require a Blueprint. This would allow everyone a way to craft them in, perhaps, smaller numbers rather than, once again, penalizing players whose Fellowships are not yet strong enough to reach the 10th chest.
This makes a lot of sense to me, and seems like it should be easy enough to incorporate over time. Aside from being the means to convert Blueprints, Crafting seems like a natural way to obtain some RR spells - just as it is for the other spells.

DeletedUser4699

There should be one Crafting Recipe that does not require a Blueprint. This would allow everyone a way to craft them in, perhaps, smaller numbers rather than, once again, penalizing players whose Fellowships are not yet strong enough to reach the 10th chest.
Players/Fellowships are not penalized for not reaching 10th chest, players/fellowships that reach the 10th chest are being rewarded. Big difference there. Also, RR spells will be awarded in chests 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10. So, it's not just 10-chest FS that are getting these.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Players/Fellowships are not penalized for not reaching 10th chest, players/fellowships that reach the 10th chest are being rewarded. Big difference there. Also, RR spells will be awarded in chests 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10. So, it's not just 10-chest FS that are getting these.
People who aren't in a FS that gets ten chest have no path to upgrade the magic residences which were Inno's answer to nerfing the value of our event buildings. We were penalized (some of us severely. I had 11 Summer gardens at the time) We have been penalized, and if not in an elite group have no way to ever upgrade the residences which were inadequate compensation to start with.

the primary issue isn't who can or can't get what, it's Inno's repeatedly poor communication that leaves us with failed expectations.

DeletedUser20951

I'm a fellowship of me and only average three chests, so all the talk of Restoration spells and blueprints is purely theoretical from my perspective, but is it actually more efficient in some manner I am not seeing rather than just re-crafting stuff when you reach a new Age or replacing old event buildings with an equivalent new thing?

Edit: Ah, Magic thingies. Yeah, I don't build those.

DeletedUser1390

Another question has come up in my fellowship: As you add these 6 new recipes, do you plan to remove any of the many uninteresting ones in exchange? Otherwise the appearance of these new ones is going to be frustratingly rare. Already as it is, one person in my clan for example says they have yet to see a single chess piece appear; another says they saw their first one last night - and there are 4 of those. Clearly some of the dross needs to be trimmed out of the recipe pool - or at the very, very least it should not become yet bigger.

qaccy

Random is random with recipes. I don't keep track but I feel like I see everything often enough that nothing seems overly rare. Usually feels worse than it actually is when you're looking for something specifically and you're stuck just waiting for it.

My observations could also be based on the fact that I'm usually able to check every set of recipes at some point during its window. Someone who only logs in once a day or so is going to go a lot longer without seeing a desired option.

DeletedUser1390

Random is random with recipes.
Yes and no: odds are a function of the total number of possibilities, obviously. 3/40 is a lot better odds than 3/100.

Usually feels worse than it actually is when you're looking for something specifically and you're stuck just waiting for it.
My observations could also be based on the fact that I'm usually able to check every set of recipes at some point during its window. Someone who only logs in once a day or so is going to go a lot longer without seeing a desired option.
Yes that's a fair point that perceptual bias may be a factor, and it also did occur to me that some will miss options if they log on less frequently.
Still: first chess piece last night, that's pretty bad.

SunsetDanar

Random is random with recipes. I don't keep track but I feel like I see everything often enough that nothing seems overly rare. Usually feels worse than it actually is when you're looking for something specifically and you're stuck just waiting for it.

I catch most of the recipes as well. I've had a complete Chess Set for about a week and have yet to see duplicates of any individual piece so your observation is likely correct.

DeletedUser1390

I catch most of the recipes as well. I've had a complete Chess Set for about a week and have yet to see duplicates of any individual piece so your observation is likely correct.

That's slightly different: it's been confirmed that once you have a particular chess piece it is removed from the pool for you, so you will never see a duplicate (unless you place and then delete it).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's also a perennial question of who gets to decide what's uninteresting?

Assuming they want the recipes there as a sink for relics and unwanted spells and event buildings, they've got no reason to keep recipes that people aren't using. if they decide nobody wants particular recipes, they will no doubt replace them with others.