• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Relic Exchange

DeletedUser6375

** sorry, i actually do see this posted on the next page. feel free to delete mods. :p **

--

i was kinda thinking it'd be nice to have a way to exchange some of the many relics i have in one boost, to another.

maybe something in the wholesale trader. maybe.. even letting players trade relics.

the reason i brought it up , is i'm sitting on thousands of my boost relics, and hurting on the relics i need for making enchantments.

also sucks that my boost happens to coincide with the easier tournaments, making it harder for me to use only the tournaments for resupplying my harder to get relics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9601

Its almost like they designed a system that forces you to keep playing so that your relics don't fall to zero...

Crafting is the closest you'll get to this request. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of having different relics if everything can just be exchanged 1:1. And it can't be 1:1, because otherwise everyone would just load up on easy relics (like Steel), and swap them for hard relics (like Scrolls).

DeletedUser20396

it would have to be like the crystal for planks in the trader. The crystal is more valuable, so more planks are needed to match it. :) That's my thoughts.

DeletedUser19723

And it can't be 1:1, because otherwise everyone would just load up on easy relics (like Steel), and swap them for hard relics (like Scrolls).

Can you explain the hard/easy part? Why are scrolls hard? I do know that the scrolls tournament started today and I got my head handed to me. The catering costs were high. The fights were harder also. Scrolls is my boost. I thought that would make this tournament easier. It sure isn't. After Round 1, I'm not sure I want to go on.

DeletedUser9601

It's about attrition. Scrolls. Your best unit is light melee and you fight light ranged and mages. That means every fight the enemy gets to hit you at least once, and maybe twice, before you counter attack. You should still win in the end. But in the process you've taken a beating.

Compare to Steel. You send archers against heavy melee. You should get 2 attacks in at least before the enemy reaches you. By that point they might be dead and you win the fight without taking any damage.

DeletedUser20930

Its almost like they designed a system that forces you to keep playing so that your relics don't fall to zero...

Crafting is the closest you'll get to this request. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of having different relics if everything can just be exchanged 1:1. And it can't be 1:1, because otherwise everyone would just load up on easy relics (like Steel), and swap them for hard relics (like Scrolls).

Um. as far as I know you just get relics. It is no easier to get a tier one then it is to get a tier three. Sure, I am going to horde steel, scroll, and dust relics (my boosts) but I'd like to get more marble, crystal, and elixir relics for Combining Catalysts.

DeletedUser20930

Can you explain the hard/easy part? Why are scrolls hard? I do know that the scrolls tournament started today and I got my head handed to me. The catering costs were high. The fights were harder also. Scrolls is my boost. I thought that would make this tournament easier. It sure isn't. After Round 1, I'm not sure I want to go on.
It is all about the match ups.. study your opponents weaknesses, and exploit them. I never Cater. I will negotiate though to gain expansions.

DeletedUser20930

** sorry, i actually do see this posted on the next page. feel free to delete mods. :p **

--

i was kinda thinking it'd be nice to have a way to exchange some of the many relics i have in one boost, to another.

maybe something in the wholesale trader. maybe.. even letting players trade relics.

the reason i brought it up , is i'm sitting on thousands of my boost relics, and hurting on the relics i need for making enchantments.

also sucks that my boost happens to coincide with the easier tournaments, making it harder for me to use only the tournaments for resupplying my harder to get relics.
Yes a relic exchange system would be great...

DeletedUser19914

One way to make it a little less exploitable to trade relics would be only to allow trades within Fellowships and then only after a week (or some other length of time > 1 hr.) in the FS. The time delay, especially if significant, would discourage those who might otherwise surf FS to get Relics.

DeletedUser19723

It's about attrition. Scrolls. Your best unit is light melee and you fight light ranged and mages. That means every fight the enemy gets to hit you at least once, and maybe twice, before you counter attack. You should still win in the end. But in the process you've taken a beating.
Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense. I've been trying to get the hang of who does what to whom and how often. In the beginning, I couldn't win any fight. Now I can win, at least sometimes :)
Two things:
If I am defeated in a battle and send in the exact same troops again will I lose again or is there some luck/chance involved?
When I am choosing my troops for battle, does the order I choose them in have any effect on who goes first, second, etc.?

DeletedUser9601

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense. I've been trying to get the hang of who does what to whom and how often. In the beginning, I couldn't win any fight. Now I can win, at least sometimes :)
Two things:
If I am defeated in a battle and send in the exact same troops again will I lose again or is there some luck/chance involved?
When I am choosing my troops for battle, does the order I choose them in have any effect on who goes first, second, etc.?
First - yes, there is some luck. All units have a range of attack damage (think of rolling dice in Dungeons and Dragons or other games). You could have a fight where all of your attacks are on the high end, and all are on the low end. That being said, unless you just barely lost (like, the enemies survived with 1 unit left with 5% health), you probably don't want to blindly send in the same troops. Probably best to mix it up. If you manually fight, you can also try different strategies.

Second - yes, unit selection order is CRUCIAL for manual fighting. See the "Troop Placement" section in @Mykan 's excellent fighting guide (https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/). If you pick your units correctly, you can make sure that, for instance, your mages are protected behind a bush, with treants on either side. Or your light melee are not able to be hit in the first round of attacks by heavy ranged, but your heavy melee are.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I think balancing a relic exchange would be hard as the tournaments (major source of relics) are not equal. Personally I think just giving us a use for our boosted relics would be nice. It is clear with sentient goods that the supply of relics is enough to support different uses and boosts. A shiny new spell for boosted relics sounds better to me ;):rolleyes:

DeletedUser9601

The problem is that some relics are very easy to get. You could quickly power-level a new player by telling them focus solely on a few relics (mainly steel), and having them trade those relics for the harder-to-come-by relics. So it can't work 1:1.
So if there needs to be some discount/cost for trading, its hard to find a balance that discourages the issue above, but is not so cost prohibitive that it still gets used. I just don't see developers devoting resources to figuring that out.