• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Remove "give neighborly help" quests in events

Iyapo1

Rather than knock it down I just use the same building for the whole event. Start the event with a level 4 planker and upgrade it twice per quest.
I thought the upgrade building tasks were chapter specific. So for me upgrade a building to chapter 5 or higher. I just assumed a chapter 15 player would need to upgrade a building to chapter 13 or higher and a chapter 4 player would be upgrading chapter 2 or higher.

defiantoneks

for the upgrade tasks, i just plunked down a couple of workshops. since i'm in the elvenar chapter, no real chance of upgrading much or finishing research. so gotta get creative. the lvl 5 buildings are still there for the next quest to upgrade. once event is over, i will delete them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I thought the upgrade building tasks were chapter specific.
Nope. My Ch17 city gets the same 'upgrade to lvl 5 or higher'. I think it's always been this way as that was the same quest I'd get in past events in earlier chapters. In earlier chapters I put out marble or planks factories and upgraded those. Depending on which resources were more of a challenge at any given time, I'd sometimes build one up, knock it down and redo; other times I'd build a couple and use them for the full event. Since I've been in 10chest FS's forever, I use the event/crafting 1x1 bldgs or unicorns for these quests now. I have a lot of those since I craft for the Mystery Chest as much as for any specific recipe. Using 2-4 RR's for a quest doesn't impact my inventory, but wouldn't work for cities that have not yet been able to build a good inventory and supply of RR's.

Rocce Sqirl

I would agree that neighborly help is no problem. One of the easiest to do. I don't "help" neighbors that are not active, so those are always available to fulfill a quest. Actually, I keep a list of neighbors who 1) regularly visit me or 2) regularly post basic-goods trades that appear in my trader (without tax). Those are the ones I visit regularly (I may not be in their world yet, but they're in mine so I also take their trades).
As for upgrading buildings, someone recently clued me in that many buildings that don't have "levels" but that you acquired in an earlier chapter can be upgraded. If it is a Chapter IV building, upgrading it to Chapter V fulfills the quest (the chapter IS the level). I just did that by doing a Smallest Room two times. It's a 1x1, so it cost me one Royal Restoration twice. Cheap! Upgrading Unicorns and Guards and other 1x2s is cheap too.