• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Remove Granite and copper @ Level 7 ??

Bushby22

I have entered Level 7 and cannot see the need for Dwarven Portal, Granite mines and Copper foundries anymore.
Am I missing something or can I now remove all of them ?

Thanks in advance, B.

TimeMachine

Hello @Bushby22, if you haven't already built "Dwarven Streets" yet you can use Granite and Copper to do so.

If you don't want to and your research in the chapter 6 is all done you can sell your Granite Mines and Copper Foundries.

With selling portals I would be cautious, especially if the chapter-quests belonging to the portal are not already done. Sometimes there is a quest which asks to sell your portal.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As Time said, sell off all your mines and foundries unless you want to upgrade your streets. (I never did ... I just waited until I was high enough that the streets didn't need guest race goods. But some people like to upgrade everything before moving to a new chapter.)

There will be a quest to sell the portal, and I believe the reward is diamonds (if they haven't changed it). Of course, if you do sell your portal and then get hit with that quest, you could always rebuild the level one portal and then complete the quest. You would not have to upgrade your portal ... just the beginning level would do.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Congratulations at getting through the first settlement (guest race). Future chapters will require different settlement buildings with no chapter using the production of prior settlement buildings. The portal (the settlement building that sets your maximum capacity) is the only building that you might want to hold on to until a quest comes to sell it. If you get to a chapter quest that requires building a portal, then you are already past the quest (if any) to sell the portal of the previous chapter.

SuNaya Dark

I have a question, please:

I am about to enter Chapter 6 on both my cities (after I get caught up on Province requirements).

My question is this: WHERE should I place my Portal once I can do so?

Should it be near the Town Hall, or can it be anywhere I choose (provided I have a clear path to create the Portal "train tracks" and the Foundries and other necessary buildings?

Or does it matter? I have currently reserved a spot for them (one, maybe two expansion spots). Will that be enough?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

- SuNaya Dark
PS - I WAS "parked" at the end of 3 to build reserve resources, but was moved to 5 before I could finish 4. So some expansions didn't happen.)

Pheryll

Set Designer
My question is this: WHERE should I place my Portal once I can do so?

The portal must be connected to the main hall by normal roads, however settlement buildings connect to the portal by settlement roads. Many players place the portal far from the main hall, because the settlement takes space, and its special roads cannot be used to connect normal buildings to the main hall.

SuNaya Dark

The portal must be connected to the main hall by normal roads, however settlement buildings connect to the portal by settlement roads. Many players place the portal far from the main hall, because the settlement takes space, and its special roads cannot be used to connect normal buildings to the main hall.
Thank you.
That was what I was thinking would be the situation once I enter Ch 6.