• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Request: C & P, links

DeletedUser701

Hello it would be really helpful to be able to copy and paste from the mail messages (especially for the circular mail messages) and also to be able to post links in the message. I wanted to post a link to the wiki page on fellowships for our members, but it requires that they re-type the entire link in a browser. People are more likely to read if they can just click a link without having to type it in or search for a solution.

Thank you!

emrysa
archmage, League of Druids

DeletedUser701

Thank you, I didn't realize that coding the links was an option!!

emrysa
archmage, League of Druids

DeletedUser

I don't know if it is or not, actually. It was just a little brainstorm though; works in the forums so why not check and see?

After I posted that, I ran a couple of test messages to a ghost town in my neighborhood. It doesn't work, unfortunately. You can't even type out a URL to non-fellowship recipients.

DeletedUser61

Just leave out the http:// leader, and you can sneak it through.

And there's also a workaround that enables cut and paste in your messages.
  1. Double Click the message
  2. Right click and select Settings
  3. Cancel it
  4. Your message will now be highlighted white on black
  5. Use Ctrl+c to move it to your clipboard
  6. Use Ctrl+v to paste it whereever you wish

DeletedUser701

bbcoding doesn't work. Come on developers, you are the same people who do FOE and we can copy links in those game messages and paste into our browsers - why can't it be done here?

DeletedUser511

Wow, I think they have big fish to fry then making something easier for you.

DeletedUser61

In the current Beta release they've changed the hot keys to plain letters, rather than Ctrl+whatever. Among other problems, the City hot key (ctrl+c duh) was diverting the Copy Paste. I'll have to go do some testing, now that you've reminded me of it.