• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Request for a New Sub-Forum

DeletedUser9601

I've just had 2 threads rather stupidly deleted because they discussed items that were in beta testing, even though we all know that 99% of what shows up in beta shows up on live servers 2 weeks later.
I appreciate the desire for "no spoilers," though I think that's stupid as well, since in my 2+ years on the forums I haven't run into anyone complaining that they're learning too much. If anything its the opposite.

But the solution of having one thread isn't sufficient. The beta thread is useful for announcements and high-level discussions, but trying to discuss multiple more specific topics all in the same thread is confusing and leads to derailed conversations.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
The decision is to keep the two servers separate.

Live event and release discussions on the live forum.
Beta event and release discussions on the beta forum. Beta is not a closed server, anyone is free to join and create an account.

This is not a new suggestion, the last time it was brought up I was able to provide the forum with a thread. With that said, I will keep this here for the rest of the day before moving it to the suggestion sub-forum.

Have a good day.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Where the separation is weak is in the numbers and levels.

Beta has barely 1/10 of the forum users as US live, and they mostly fit into a "type".

It's really useful to discuss this game here and get 10x the feedback from players of far greater variety and then to take that info back to the devs on beta.

DeletedUser9601

To build off what's been said:
-the beta forum structure isn't really conducive for a lot of non-beta players. It requires a second page, a second login, and meeting/understanding an entirely new set of players. I think keeping the 'beta' forums for the 'beta' aspect makes way more sense than what mods are proposing (discussing all new gameplay mechanics in the beta forum).
-you're creating an arbitrary divide in the location of discussions. For 2-3 weeks, we discuss a topic on the beta forums, then we need to migrate over to the live forums. That completely cuts off discussion, and it means a lot of important information isn't available for for newer players when they go to search old threads.
-building off the second point, the whole point of the threads I am making is so that there can be continued discussion in the future. Players want to be able to plan for their cities when the game is under development, but we want to have follow-up discussions when we can compare notes on how our theories played out in practice.
-beta forums mean a beta city. So you're asking us to create dead cities just to be part of the discussions? Seems crazy when dead cities are probably the worst part of this game.

The point of the forums is to give the players a location to discuss the game, in all aspects. I'll be honest, Inno has some of the most unreasonable, draconian forum activity, and I think it worsens the gaming experience. You have a fairly large aspect of the very small forum community asking for something, and explaining why the current structure (one run-on beta thread that collects any and all things related to beta) doesn't work, and we get back a pretty arbitrary decision. And if you don't want a sub-forum, there are other options. Add a "beta/potential spoilers" tag to thread creations, maybe.

No offense, but the forums are for us, the paying customer. This game has a huge learning curve, and a lot of people leave the game very early. It boggles my mind that you'd want to stifle one of the learning tools available in this game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Few things in life are black and white. I think a sub forum for beta discussion would be useful, the owners of the gamefeel otherwise. That's really all that matters at this point, unless one of us feels wealthy enough to buy a seat on the board of the owning company.