• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Revised Rune Forging

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In general I approve of KISS solutions. I agree that the 10 shard limit is annoying at best. In this case, though, I would suggest that the limit scale with chapter. Start out with 10, and then increase by two every chapter. It's a small gain, but would add a continuing value for the players in the higher chapters.

I am in chapter 20 an now way Inno will ever give me storage space for 28-30 broken shards, when they keep refusing to increase it from 10 to 20, as has been requested many times over the years. Considering the half-assed way Inno "fixes" things with the most recent Wonders added to the game, I would not be shocked if a chapter 21 Wonder would allow storage of extra broken shards.

bkbajb

I agree that this needs to be changed. We earned them so why can't we keep them? For those of us in higher chapters we do get a lot more each week in the Tournament but they still belong to us. KP costs increase as our AW's grow so again why can't we keep them?

Talaedraiia

I think this is one of the most unfair things the devs do to the higher chapter players. I get mad at them every week when I am finishing my 31 province’s to 6 stars in the tourney and gaining very little for my effort but the indignity of throwing away a useless broken shard after broken shard.

Killy-

I don't know if everyone is playing the same game. I don't remember ever having a problem with the broken shards. Espicaially if you do round 6 in the tournament, what is the worst that can happen? You might have to wait one week for the next tournament to upgrade your wonder? I wouldn't mind if we could store more of them (or I wouldn't care I guess), but why are some acting like they are so valuable, when they are clearly not?

defiantoneks

I wouldn't mind if we could store more of them (or I wouldn't care I guess), but why are some acting like they are so valuable, when they are clearly not?
depends on who you are and what you're doing. Runes are easy to come by in early chapters, but when you're the top scorer in your FS and first to every AW you end up scraping for every rune for quite a while. being able to save shards for future use, or forge runes ahead (thereby making use of them instead of watching them vanish) or whatever becomes much more valuable.

aside from that: BECAUSE. if i earned it, I want it. If it's given as a "prize" in events, it should be useful and actually received instead of a kick in the teeth. We've all suggested ways to make them useful full time instead of just when you happen to need a rune. The fact that you see them as not valuable is exactly the problem, IMO. So even if we only had the option to go to someone else's AW and use a "Forge and donate" option to give them 15kp toward the research that would be better than NOTHING.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In giving the option to convert rune shards into runes of our choosing we solve the problem of rune shard bar being so small we loose rune shards we have earned because we can't store them. But, as has been noted, how often do we find ourselves actually short of rune shards? There are few places where they are used -- during the rune phase of an AW mostly -- and thus, probably little need for them. Perhaps yet another spell might be the ticket. A crafted item you could store and use to convert ten rune shards into a rune of your choice. Save these items and use them as needed.

Just a thought and, honestly, I did skim the three pages here a bit so somebody may have suggested it already.

AJ

Killy-

Well, if you can store a lot of the broken shards, we might as well get rid of this whole mechanic. There is no point in storing 100 or so of them and being able to build any new wonder right away. And converting them into kps is the same, might as well giving kps as a prize instead. The only reason to care for the broken shards at is the fact, that you can only store 10 imo (even so I think, most players still don't have to care about them at all).

defiantoneks

Well, if you can store a lot of the broken shards, we might as well get rid of this whole mechanic. There is no point in storing 100 or so of them and being able to build any new wonder right away. And converting them into kps is the same, might as well giving kps as a prize instead. The only reason to care for the broken shards at is the fact, that you can only store 10 imo (even so I think, most players still don't have to care about them at all).
yeah the issue is that increasing the storage has either been unilaterally rejected by devs or "thought about" and then left to die.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think this is one of the most unfair things the devs do to the higher chapter players. I get mad at them every week when I am finishing my 31 province’s to 6 stars in the tourney and gaining very little for my effort but the indignity of throwing away a useless broken shard after broken shard.

Which is partly why I don't waste my time and resources on the 6th star past the first 10 provinces. There is a lot more value in doing more provinces, than in doing that useless 6th star.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
iv thought the same thing as the OP for a while now. While being able to forge 10 broken shards and auto insert into a needed rune for an AW is a nice feature.. that issue of capped broken shards and wasting the extras you get really sucks. So a second option of being able to forge them into a specific aw but having the rune go into the total storage of that rune, instead of auto insert, would be a nice feature. It would let us use those broken shard for something when an aw isnt in rune stage.