• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rule discrepancy - multiple accounts?

Kekune

Hi folks,

I've often referred to the game rules posted in the forum and felt pretty comfortable in my understanding of them. Pushing is forbidden, but there's no prohibition against having multiple accounts under different names in the same game world. I've known people who do that honestly, and I've seen that concept discussed here, with several forum users agreeing that they do the same and that it's perfectly above-board.

Today somebody pointed me to the "terms and conditions" at the bottom of the login page on PC. It contains a more legal-looking document, and quite a lot more detail. Of most interest is this:

You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.

And on the support page accessible in-game, it says this:
Can I play more than one account on the same world?
Yes, in Elvenar you can use as many accounts as you like, even if they are used on the same world!

So, for now I'm sticking with what I've always understood, but can anybody explain why the big legal document on the login page contradicts everything else? Is it just a general "inno games" set of rules that can be superseded by game-specific rules?

Captain Asgard

Is it just a general "inno games" set of rules that can be superseded by game-specific rules?

The TOS just covers their bums, really, because it is game specific. Some time after Elvenar went Live (as far as I recall) the one person-one account rule was dropped for this game. Even Forge of Empires has loosened up a bit since I started playing three years ago. Aider, who's unfortunately no longer here, explained it once, but I'll be dipped in marmite if I can find that post now.

Yeah, anyway, if you play your accounts separately, you're good. The rules do say that Inno can make any changes to them as they see fit. It's a bit wonky, I know.

DeletedUser20951

Never even noticed those extra rules. Good to know, although I will keep on keeping on as I have been.