• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rumor has it that the non-working /who feature isn't going to be fixed

• Thread starter DeletedUser9971
  • Start date

DeletedUser9971

Well here we are a MONTH after I first complained about /who not working. And it STILL doesn't. I went to a hints page and found this.

"Note: Since recent updates to the chat system in the game, the /who and /w functions are no longer working. We've learned that these were not actually intended to work as they have been, and this functionality may not be restored."

THIS is a first rate CROCK. We pay good money to support this game, Me, another $20. just today, but for my money, I EXPECT improvements and not having to worry that the dev's will take functionality AWAY from us. /who worked for a very long time, and if it was taken away because it collides some how with the programming of a recent upgrade, don't be so FRIGGIN' lazy devs', find a way around it and make it work.

LordRezal

I agree. It may not seem very important to the game creators, but it is a function that I enjoy. If I need goods from someone in my FS, for a quest or such, it would be nice to know if anyone else is playing, so I don't sit waiting and wasting my time for a reply in chat.

DeletedUser

Well here we are a MONTH after I first complained about /who not working. And it STILL doesn't. I went to a hints page and found this.

"Note: Since recent updates to the chat system in the game, the /who and /w functions are no longer working. We've learned that these were not actually intended to work as they have been, and this functionality may not be restored."

THIS is a first rate CROCK. We pay good money to support this game, Me, another $20. just today, but for my money, I EXPECT improvements and not having to worry that the dev's will take functionality AWAY from us. /who worked for a very long time, and if it was taken away because it collides some how with the programming of a recent upgrade, don't be so FRIGGIN' lazy devs', find a way around it and make it work.

You might want to check yourself.

Posted by @Ælfwine, July 25th, on this forum.

That said, we have seen that the /who functionality that allows you to see who's online, is the most-missed one of the two, and we are happy to announce that we will be implementing that in the new chat. Please do realize that it won't be happening immediately, as we find having the chat bug-free is more important than re-introducing this feature. We do still have a couple of open bugs related to the new chat, such as messages showing multiple times, or in some cases not at all. But, if all goes to plan, we are looking at restoring the /who command in the coming weeks to few months.

hvariidh gwendrot

hahaha i read the thread when the mod posted it and noticed the last line from the mod starts with 2 important words ... but , if
and an opt out option would be best i think for it "but,if" it gets restored, but either way i still don't get all the outrage over who and whisper being gone, you can message players and chat and not slip up in a whisper and say something goofy about someone and get busted lol and again if your fellowship is active who is silly, beacuse you're already chatting .. yes round and round it goes either way :cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser1349

/who is BACK!

From the bottom of my heart I want to THANK YOU INNO! for your quick response to players begging to have this especially Archmage tool back in our quiver. My fellowship thankx you and I claim that the entire player base thankx you!

OUTSTANDING JOB WELL DONE!!!

DeletedUser8993

One time I recall (and probably the only time) was when we asked for what was being done to/regarding pushers. And Inno said that whatever actions they were taking with respect to one player accused of pushing couldn't be announced due to privacy issues.
That's precisely what I was told when I reported several players who were gaining, on average, 4,000-14,000 AW upgrade points PER WEEK, from 6+ push accounts each. They have entire Fellowships comprised of only push accounts. I provided all of the account names and point gains to support the claim and my ticket was closed without any resolution. Obviously, those players are continuing to cheat without any repercussions whatsoever. Getting /who working again is the least of my concerns about this game.

hvariidh gwendrot

me and my girlfriend play from the same home on different computers and when i was asking about her joining and it might be perceived as a push acct violation i was also told to look at the support page rules and
these are right there on page one questions and answers....
Can I share my computer with my family so that they can also play Elvenar?
Of course! The more, the merrier! The only thing you need to remember is that you can only play your own account and can not share your password with other players.
Can I play more than one account on the same world?
Yes, in Elvenar you can use as many accounts as you like too, even if they are used on the same world!

me now
what i was told was in FoE it's against the rules but not here in Elvenar .. i play 1 world 1 acct
so it dosen't apply to how i play but unless support is wrong those are the rules posted for Elvenar by support team again page one, correct me if i'm wrong but i have to go with what support tells me

DeletedUser8993

The rules used to explicitly forbid using secondary accounts to push KP or goods to a main account for the purposes of advancing the main account. They've changed the wording, which I brought up.

Bottom line, cheating is better for business (e.g. farm cities created solely with diamonds to rapidly advance their production capacity) than playing the game honestly, so they're not going to do anything about it.

hvariidh gwendrot

i like and want the game to last as i enjoy watching my stuff wiggle around and etc, i understand it's seen as not being a fair way to play and this is just a word quibble for me as it's only cheating if it's against the rules, PLUS i am amazed who is back and chat still functions so for me if they are allowed and it helps the game stay in biz i'm ok with it...unless they really are against the rules then i am 100% opposed :cool: but if someone wants to build an fellowship of one and try to win all the adventures, that would be kind of funny and sad, admired and pitiful, but it still wont effect how i play for me

Deleted User - 1599294

That's precisely what I was told when I reported several players who were gaining, on average, 4,000-14,000 AW upgrade points PER WEEK, from 6+ push accounts each. They have entire Fellowships comprised of only push accounts. I provided all of the account names and point gains to support the claim and my ticket was closed without any resolution. Obviously, those players are continuing to cheat without any repercussions whatsoever. Getting /who working again is the least of my concerns about this game.
I would place a 'like' on this comment but I don't like the fact that Inno is allowing this to continue. It is cheating and diminishes the honest play of so many people. I know of which accounts you speak and I am glad you reported it.