• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Runes after level 6 of an Ancient Wonder?

joboxo

Once I reach level 6 of an ancient wonder and spend the requisite runes to unlock building the upgrade, will I continue to acquire runes for that wonder?

Thanks,
Joboxo

DeletedUser61

Yes, level 6 is it for right now - but I suspect we'll start to see technologies that will unlock additional levels, 5 at a time.

joboxo

Thanks Katwijk!
Right now, I have a level 3 martial monastery and level 2 crystal lighthouse.

I have 5 monastery runes and 18 lighthouse runes. I am not going to complete any more provinces until after I unlock level 6 of the lighthouse. I fear getting more lighthouse runes!

WolfSinger

Once I reach level 6 of an ancient wonder and spend the requisite runes to unlock building the upgrade, will I continue to acquire runes for that wonder?

Yes, you will continue to get runes for that Wonder.

That's is something that would be nice to see changed. With the increasing number of wonders - once you reach lvl 6 on a wonder it would be nice to have those vanish from the ones you can collect. If as Kat predicted - they add additional levels by unlocking new techs later in the game - then unlocking those techs puts those runes back into play.

By limited the ones we can find/receive to only those wonders that still need them, it makes it easier to gather the ones needed at that time.

joboxo

Thanks, WolfSinger! I had mis-read Kat's reply...
I'm not sure if there is any strategy that I should take to ease future work on ancient wonders. I suppose if I don't complete any more provinces until I've unlocked Dwarven and Fairy ancient wonders, then I may possibly increase the odds of getting the necessary runes?

DeletedUser627

Waiting will give you more opportunities to win the good Dwarven Runes - I held 12 provinces at 7/8 during Fairy so I could have a shot at Fairy Runes.

Tournaments may help!

Also, you can win Runes by contributing to other Wonders, even before you finish the Research. So, it pays to keep an eye on other cities and pick up any runes that may be going at a bargain - or just be one you really need.

WolfSinger

While you can't get Dwarven runes until you unlocked the tech - the thing to keep in mind is that if all you have unlocked right now is the Elven Wonders - you have a 1 in 2 chance of getting the correct rune when you clear a province. Once you unlock the Dwarven Wonders - you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting any specific rune and once you unlock the Fairy Wonders you have a 1 in 6 chance of getting any specific rune.