• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

runes

HJK84

Runes Shards;
  • You get 1 AW Rune for clearing a province.
  • You can also get them from participating in Tournaments, at certain rounds you can get many AW Runes.
  • You place the Rune(s), into the circle of the Ancient Wonder (AW) that it's for. You need to place 9 Runes to complete the circle to build the AW or upgrade it (certain levels)
Broken Shards;
  • Sometimes when you place a Rune into the circle, it Fails! Turning it into a Broken Shard
  • You can get Broken Shards from participating in Tournaments, at certain rounds you can get many.
  • You can also build a Ancient Wonder (in later chapters) that gives you 1 or more Broken Shards for free, depending on the AW level.
  • You need 10 Broken Shards, to equal the value of 1 Rune. In the circle, failing many times will eventually give you enough Broken Shards to turn it into a Rune.
  • 10 Broken Shards = Any 1 Rune. Meaning you can place that 1 Rune into any AW you want.
Example; you have a Golden Abyss and Tome of Secrets Ancient Wonders. You want to put Runes into both. You start and finish Golden Abyss, at and realize you now have 10 Broken Shards, you can now use those for Tome of Secrets, instead of having to use it on Golden Abyss. Even if all the Rune that failed and turned into a Broken Shard, came from Golden Abyss Runes.

Hope this helps.
I'll stop here, and allow someone else to post up some helpful links, if they want :p
Although my cocky side tells me, I explained quite well, lol

Good luck! :)

DeletedUser16147

Runes Shards;
  • You get 1 AW Rune for clearing a province.
  • You can also get them from participating in Tournaments, at certain rounds you can get many AW Runes.
  • You place the Rune(s), into the circle of the Ancient Wonder (AW) that it's for. You need to place 9 Runes to complete the circle to build the AW or upgrade it (certain levels)
Broken Shards;
  • Sometimes when you place a Rune into the circle, it Fails! Turning it into a Broken Shard
  • You can get Broken Shards from participating in Tournaments, at certain rounds you can get many.
  • You can also build a Ancient Wonder (in later chapters) that gives you 1 or more Broken Shards for free, depending on the AW level.
  • You need 10 Broken Shards, to equal the value of 1 Rune. In the circle, failing many times will eventually give you enough Broken Shards to turn it into a Rune.
  • 10 Broken Shards = Any 1 Rune. Meaning you can place that 1 Rune into any AW you want.
Example; you have a Golden Abyss and Tome of Secrets Ancient Wonders. You want to put Runes into both. You start and finish Golden Abyss, at and realize you now have 10 Broken Shards, you can now use those for Tome of Secrets, instead of having to use it on Golden Abyss. Even if all the Rune that failed and turned into a Broken Shard, came from Golden Abyss Runes.

Hope this helps.
I'll stop here, and allow someone else to post up some helpful links, if they want :p
Although my cocky side tells me, I explained quite well, lol

Good luck! :)

Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do with all the extra runes I have? I'm piling up tons of runes but the AWs for them are complete.

DeletedUser5521

Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do with all the extra runes I have? I'm piling up tons of runes but the AWs for them are complete.
You save them for the levels of that particular AW that require you to fill the rune wheel again. Leveling up to levels 2-5 require KP, then at 5 fill the rune wheel with runes you've stockpiled, or forge them from broken shards (10 broken shards = 1 rune) to level up to 6. This pattern will repeat over and over, meaning you need to complete the rune wheel again to level up to 6, 11, 16, and 21 (so far). :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@HJK84 Excellent explanation. There's one thing I'd like to make sure is clear. In your example, if you are in the GA runes tab when your broken shards bar reaches 10 and you want that rune to go to your TOS, you must close GA, open TOS, and forge a rune from the broken shards bar while in TOS (it's guaranteed not to break, too!). Others may be smarter than I am, but I learned that one the hard way (yep, forged it in the one I was breaking them in, then went to the one I wanted it for and wondered why it wasn't there...)

NearOK

A serious option to utilizing the "extra" runes that have accumulated after constructing the AW is selling back any that you deem unwanted taking space in your city. Although you won't receive any coins or supplies for their deconstruction, you will have the space and any excess runes collected. You can then start adding those runes to the same AW again; at some point some of the runes will duplicate, breaking into shards which can then be used to form a rune of your preferred AW. This procedure is great for deliberately building an undesired AW later in the game after it has accumulated 10+ runes.

DeletedUser15476

So @NearOK, are you saying if you have space and build them. And are you then saying to sell when you need the space or the AW isn't needed and you get the runes and/or rune shards back?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Jegenchant
Here's an example: I don't want the Tome of Secrets, but I have a gazillion runes for it. I have run out of runes for the Crystal Lighthouse that I do want to build and I've forged all the broken runes I have. I fill the Tome of Secrets, breaking only 5 runes before the rune wheel is full. So, I build the Tome of Secrets. Once it completes, I sell it off and it goes back into my inventory, but with an empty rune wheel. Back to filling the TOS rune wheel, breaking 5 more runes, filling the broken shards bar. Close TOS, open Crystal Lighthouse, forge rune guaranteed to fit. Go back to TOS and insert more runes, rebuild, sell off... Just rinse and repeat until you've filled the CL rune wheel from the broken shards bar.

DeletedUser15476

Hmmm...well I hate to say it but i’m still confused.

My TOS runes were full and it is built but on the bottom left there are 19 somethings, broken shards I think, but they are not in the blanks for the 10 broken shards. Unfortunately, I’m on my iPad so i can’t see it all. This is from memory. Maybe when I have all the whatever’s I need it will make sense!

I appreciate all the help you and the others have given me.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
TOS is just an example AW. The 19 'somethings' are runes; broken shards only show up in the broken shards bar. Runes are specific to an AW and cannot be used in the others. But, as you insert them, some break and a broken shard will float over to the broken shards bar. Broken shards will forge a rune guaranteed to fit in whatever AW you are in when you forge the rune. If you intend to keep the TOS, pick a different AW that you don't want to build and use the same method, substituting that AW for 'TOS' in the above example.

DeletedUser15476

Okay, I think I've got it. The now 29 runes at the bottom left will be used at a still to come upgrade because as of now I not at the level of upgrade where more shards will be used. Bingo!

Many thanks once again

DeletedUser19281

I have a quest named Honor the Treants which requires "Have 1 Ancient Runes". The quest has been on my list for about 2 months now. I've completed dozens of provinces and placed the runes in the appropriate Ancient Wonder slots. However, the quest never indicates that I have completed the requirement to have 1 ancient runes. Is the ancient rune something different from the runes we get when we complete a province?

DeletedUser3297

The Ancient Runes is a cultural building, build one of these and the quest will complete :)

FQe80RU.png