• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Save me from CTS... please?

In a Fellowship Adventure, would not automatically advancing the badge selection be helpful?

• No, that's a dumb idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Fellowship Adventure?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YarL

The Fellowship Adventure is literally causing me pain, pain in my wrist. I have a serious worry about developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from all the unnecessary clicking.

I understand the developers want to overhaul the mechanism of cycling through the 16(!) different possible badges/items, but I was wondering if you would consider a temporary fix that would save my wrist and mental well-being.

*** When you claim a badge, do not automatically advance to the next possible badge. ***

That's it. I think that change could make my life a lot better.

For example, I have 100 workshops that just finished making toolboxes and I want to collect 20 badges. 20 clicks is so much nicer than 300 clicks.

If you put the badges in some kind of a logical order, that would be an extra bonus. But that is far less important to me than saving me from clicking 15 times to get back to where I was.

Please, please, please! Please save me from CTS... Please?

Thanks for your consideration!

Yarl

YarL

From fleisl:

In any case my request isn't for fewer mouse click, it's for none, zero, nada! I want the system to just give me a badge whenever I've done the requisite things, and keep count for me.
There's so much to interact with and coordinate in an FA already, not to mention many more than the usual manufactories and workshops, that I don't think we need any collection interaction at all to keep it at an interesting participation level.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
fa quest01.png

DeletedUser4635

Thanks, YarL, for forwarding my reply while I was in Forum limbo (lost password, really:)).
**I'm still for auto-badging (meaning 0 clicks for collecting), but Soggy's (and lord drac) idea would also definitely bring me back to playing the FAs. There's not just the clicking, but also the forgetting to bring up the right badge after a 1- or 2-day production. Or having to hold a quest spot for Guards, which take me a day to do.

A person in our Fellowship also added a suggestion that we (optionally?) collect all badges in a pool that only Mages (+ Ambassadors?) can allocate. I'm ambivalent. It would definitely save that cat-herding pain where we end up not finishing map 3 'cause members threw their Guards down on map 2 waypoints we didn't need and never finished. OTOH, a big part of the fun is completing waypoints, and I don't want to take that away from anyone.
->Here's an idea: allow Mages (+Ambassadors?) to lock waypoints so they cannot be contributed to. Should this be a separate thread?

DeletedUser5676

A person in our Fellowship also added a suggestion that we (optionally?) collect all badges in a pool that only Mages (+ Ambassadors?) can allocate. I'm ambivalent.
Why restrict who can place? Just put the badges in a bank and let anyone transfer from the bank to the map, with closing the stage left for the higher ranks as it is now.