• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scoring in the fellowship question

YellowWeed

Should the scoring for a fellowship be taken from the fellowship rank or the Elvenar teammates rank-since they are two different totals?

YellowWeed

The score for a fellowship is based on the total of all members added together
I was more asking, about the individual scoring of each member in the fellowship. Is it done by their fellowship score or the elvenar score? For Progress reports.

WolfSinger

Your score is based on your city. You get ranking points from culture used, working pop, as well as from your AWs.

Your rank is based on your total score. Overall ranking is based on where your score falls within all the players in your server. Your ranking within your fellowship is based on where your points fall within all the members of your fellowship.

Only ranking is different between world and fellowship. Your score itself is the same and based on your city.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I was more asking, about the individual scoring of each member in the fellowship. Is it done by their fellowship score or the elvenar score? For Progress reports.
Expanding on what WolfSinger said:
If by 'elvenar score' you mean the rank underneath the member's name in their city, we use the fellowship score. The rank 'generally' goes down as the fellowship score goes up (because the highest ranking member is #1). BUT rank is your score compared to every other player in that world. So, it is possible to increase your individual score and have your rank not change at all because other players raised their individual score as much as you did.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The answers here are confusing me almost as much as the original post.

If we are talking about the rank under the person's avatar, that is indeed their position relative to all players on their world.
But I do not believe that is in any way related to their FS's rank or 'score.'
Now if we are talking the total score you see next to someone's name in the FS list, that is from the points you receive by doing things like building/upgrading buildings, and solving encounters. And has nothing to do with the FS.

On the other hand, if you are talking about your rank on the FS list, that is your 'score' relative to others in your FS.

I hope this helped to add to the confusion.

YellowWeed

Try to be more clearer here. I wanted to do Progress reports within the fellowship. On each individual. So that is how I meant the question. What score do I take it from...but in the threads above-it has answered me.

DeletedUser11428

The answers above help but I have people who have only gone up 1 point and nothing has changed in there city (from what I can tell), are points given out just because you are in a FS for a certain amount of time?

DeletedUser9601

The answers above help but I have people who have only gone up 1 point and nothing has changed in there city (from what I can tell), are points given out just because you are in a FS for a certain amount of time?
No that I know of. Might just be a rounding error? Or ranking points from a tournament?

DeletedUser9601

To clear things up:
Player's Ranking - The number below a player's portrait. This is the player's rank on the server. It is based on the player's score, plus tournament rewards. Low number = better.
Player's Score - The number next to a player's name in the FS tab, or the ranking tab. This is the player's score. It is based on city buildings (excluding guest race buildings), tournament points, provinces cleared, and ancient wonders. High number = better.
Fellowship Ranking - Same as a Player Ranking, except aggregated for the whole Fellowship. It also includes bonus ranking points from Fellowship Adventure rewards. Low number = better.
Fellowship Score - Same as Player Score, except aggregated for the whole Fellowship. High Number = better.

Some things to keep in mind when tracking these numbers (presumably to judge who in your FS is active/good).
A Player's Ranking may not increase even if a player is very active/doing well, because his/her peers may be as active.
A Player's Score may not increase even if a player is very active/doing well, because he/she is focused on guest race buildings (which do not increase one's score).

A Player's Ranking can be useful if you are an FS that focuses on tournaments, because you want to find a player that has a high ranking relative to his/her tech progress. This tells you that the player has consistently scored in the top 100 of tournaments.
A Player's Score can be useful if you want to track player growth/activity. However, as noted above, a player's score naturally stagnates in each guest race chapter (Dwarves-onward) when they reach the point of focusing production on guest race buildings.