• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scouted Tooooo Far

DeletedUser17743

I've played for a few months & loving Elvanar. Before I understood the impact, I scouted too far. Once I began working with troops, I was so far out from my world center that it is totally impossible to fight to complete an encounter. I would like suggestions on how to adjust my gameplay to equalize this aspect of gameplay. It is a big problem. Some of the quest cycle and in events it is necessary to solve encounters. I have no options??!!! I wish there had been a warning box (other than 'too hard' scouting). Help, please.

DeletedUser188

Some of the quest cycle and in events it is necessary to solve encounters
Don't do the recurring quests that ask for you to ,
"complete a province",
"gain 4 relics" (unless from other than sectors)
"solve 4 encounters"
"fight and win in 3 encounters"
Keep doing those quests and you will advance to "far " on the map
Then you wont have sectors and provinces for the events

I scouted too far.

All is not lost you can recover from this
One thing to remember Elvenar is meant to be a marathon not a sprint

If you want to fight to conquer provinces I would suggest that you slow down a bit on conquering provinces
Build and upgrade military buildings such as barracks ,armories and build the AWs you can that help with fighting or making troops
Or you could use your other resources and negotiate the sectors you cant win
Take a look in your research tree and see what the # of provinces required to open the chest over the next advanced scout tech
If you have already exceeded that # than you should stop conquering provinces for a while
Also they add a resource to the negotiating costs(orc heads) I think that is on ring #11 or around 222 provinces
You can only produce those once you reach the orc and goblin chapter of research
The good news is that once you are able to produce orcs there is no such thing as over scouting
All you have to worry about after that is reaching 457 provinces thats when you stop earning expansions
When that happens you either just keep scouting and conquering or stop (no benefit to stopping at this point)

DeletedUser17743

Don't do the recurring quests that ask for you to ,
"complete a province",
"gain 4 relics" (unless from other than sectors)
"solve 4 encounters"
"fight and win in 3 encounters"
Keep doing those quests and you will advance to "far " on the map
Then you wont have sectors and provinces for the events
I will immediately do ur suggestions. I can see how they would lead me further into my issue. Thanks so much. Re-forming my mind's view for balanced gameplay.

All is not lost you can recover from this
One thing to remember Elvenar is meant to be a marathon not a sprint

If you want to fight to conquer provinces I would suggest that you slow down a bit on conquering provinces
Build and upgrade military buildings such as barracks ,armories and build the AWs you can that help with fighting or making troops
Or you could use your other resources and negotiate the sectors you cant win
Take a look in your research tree and see what the # of provinces required to open the chest over the next advanced scout tech
If you have already exceeded that # than you should stop conquering provinces for a while
Also they add a resource to the negotiating costs(orc heads) I think that is on ring #11 or around 222 provinces
You can only produce those once you reach the orc and goblin chapter of research
The good news is that once you are able to produce orcs there is no such thing as over scouting
All you have to worry about after that is reaching 457 provinces thats when you stop earning expansions
When that happens you either just keep scouting and conquering or stop (no benefit to stopping at this point)

Yes, u got my sprint pegged. I've relaxed, somewhat, lol. Ur suggestions are excellent. I checked the # chest and I am (shhh don't tell) almost 1 1/2 Chapters too far. I feel better that I can bring it to balance with a few tweaks. Thanks for painting a pic of how it all fits in the bigger picture forward. I am amazed at the volume of information across the web for Elvanar. (my previous games, not) I utilize all I can but the beginning learning curve gave me a bite. Thanks so much. Happy gameplay 2u!

DeletedUser2768

Yes, u got my sprint pegged. I've relaxed, somewhat, lol. Ur suggestions are excellent. I checked the # chest and I am (shhh don't tell) almost 1 1/2 Chapters too far. I feel better that I can bring it to balance with a few tweaks. Thanks for painting a pic of how it all fits in the bigger picture forward. I am amazed at the volume of information across the web for Elvanar. (my previous games, not) I utilize all I can but the beginning learning curve gave me a bite. Thanks so much. Happy gameplay 2u!

I've always been "too far" in my scouting. I negotiate 99% of my encounters. I not a fighter so I don't build that way. You will, if you keep going, get stuck when you need orcs to scout/negotiate/whatever your provinces. I got stuck there for quite a while. I still scout and collect provinces for the expansions, knowing there is a cap on how many I'm going to be able to get.

I came for the game. I stay for the people I've met.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There isn't really a thing as scouting too far. It depends on your strategy. If you wish to fight in the world map just slow down a bit until the provinces come back to medium or so. You don't need to be at minimum provinces for a chapter to fight, doing that and all of your fights eventually become blue (super easy). Just decide on the difficulty that works for you and scout to around there.

There are pros and cons to scouting further and it really depends on what works for you.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
"Too far" is a myth. Land/expansions are the most valuable thing in this game. More scouting = more land.
-Team "Constant Scouting"

While I do agree with about the myth there are downsides to it as well. I have seen people with "lots" of provinces struggling more for space than people with "min/less" provinces due to the need to support the ever increasing costs of scouting. There is no right or wrong to it, simply a matter of preferred strategy and utilisation of available space.

Even for those who prefer to combat there is still no such thing as scouting too far, you just scout as far as your strategy and ability will allow you to do with the comfort you desire.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The only "too far" that can be a problem is if you reach the provinces that require orcs to scout them and complete them, but you have not unlocked orcs yet, nor do you have any event buildings that produce orcs. That is a hard stop right there and one that I ran into way back in the day.

DeletedUser14960

The only "too far" that can be a problem is if you reach the provinces that require orcs to scout them and complete them, but you have not unlocked orcs yet, nor do you have any event buildings that produce orcs. That is a hard stop right there and one that I ran into way back in the day.

I am kind of at that point right now just entering ORC'S chapter. In my CERAVYN realm

I do fight and negotiate through my province rampages . I need ORC'S and dont have any . so its all kind of KADYWHOMPUS right now

The problem for me is,i now have to do quite a few armory upgrades just so i can produce orc's ie from lv 14 -19 ,while also building mushroom farms and rally points etc etc .

so yes you can scout ahead as much as you like but SOONER OR LATER you will hit the WALL and have to play CATCH UP .

Just make sure that on your travels you build up plenty of resources so you have what is required for a crap load of upgrades to keep you moving on you way .

YES it is Marathon and not a sprint

hope this helps someone

keith

DeletedUser14960

@moonlightkeith get those armories up ASAP if you want the amazing prizes from the upcoming event on Monday.
There are "solve x encounter" quests.

sold 1 still have 3 Armories all now upgraded and producing orcs

It was a bit of a killer on my resources but we got it done

no one mentioned anything about cleaning up all their crap where are my boots and rubber gloves oh and a gas mask they stink

must be all they funny shrooms they like so much

thanks keith

khaira

does anyone know how far can you scout before you become blocked? i've always been way ahead of scouting requirements but just finished a province and for the first time am unable to open more. when i check the requirements for the next expansion it says completed provinces: 458 and requirement for next expansion: 0. it allows me to scout another one but i seem to have hit the wall for the ability to acquire more. i'm just about to enter amuni so wondering when it'll reopen.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
does anyone know how far can you scout before you become blocked? i've always been way ahead of scouting requirements but just finished a province and for the first time am unable to open more. when i check the requirements for the next expansion it says completed provinces: 458 and requirement for next expansion: 0. it allows me to scout another one but i seem to have hit the wall for the ability to acquire more. i'm just about to enter amuni so wondering when it'll reopen.

It won't reopen, at least not til after they add chapter 15. Right now, once you have scouted 457 or more provinces, you have gotten all the expansions you can that way. All you have left is any from research and buying with diamonds.

DeletedUser19914

"Scouting too far." Scouting Provinces also means that you discover cities. Each of those cities is worth gold if you extend a helping hand. I'm not sure how much of a problem gold is beyond Chapter 3 (where I am now), but if nothing else more gold = more KP. Also, as I have lent helping hands outwards I have received more helping hands from people not in my FS. Win-Win.

I'm basically lazy and risk-averse, so I'm not exploring far or fast, but when it's time, I abandon my PC, pick up my tablet and point and collect. It goes fast.

DeletedUser1016

There are pros and cons to scouting further and it really depends on what works for you.
Is there an area in the forum listing these pros & cons for continued scouting beyond #457 province?

currently it doesn't. 457 is the max number for province expansions according to the wiki.
I've just scouted #457 and I've stopped any scouting unless an event quest requires it. Just wondering if this is a smart move?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've just scouted #457 and I've stopped any scouting unless an event quest requires it. Just wondering if this is a smart move?
Various wonders and seed productions will continue to increase if you keep going, and the 8 KP + relics is something too.
Personally, I've stopped since those tiny rewards won't matter much and it's easier to keep 6-7 open in case of an event this way.

DeletedUser1016

Various wonders and seed productions will continue to increase if you keep going
Ah yesss - I do see that the Advance Trader and my Crystal Light House do list the 457 provinces as a measure of goods and seeds. I have to agree - not really significant in the overall scheme of things.

I did notice that my rank lists "World Map Progress", is that a significant contributor to my rank? Not sure what that number means?

I've stopped since those tiny rewards won't matter much and it's easier to keep 6-7 open in case of an event this way.
I have to agree, I might as well keep some open for upcoming events - sounds most reasonable.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I did notice that my rank lists "World Map Progress", is that a significant contributor to my rank?
For example:
1 encounter in ring 15 gives you 15 ranking points. It's actually a good way to count rings.
ring xp.png

Last edited: